[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 - Driver issues W7

Search This thread

pacificblue03

Apr 7, 2012
Ballina NSW
I have a Samsung galaxy s3 which is just about 2 weeks old, stock rom and not modded in any way, i have been able to connect it to pc and it would be fine and work, the past 2 - 3 days whichever pc i plug it into mine or another pc windows will say that the usb device is not recognized and does not install the driver i also cant access it in any way (from usb).

i need help with this i have no answers on Google and i need to access my phone to get music and stuff on it but we need to figure out why mtp or camera mode or usb debugging all do not work.

Thanks.

bigstarrynight

May 14, 2012
I have a Samsung galaxy s3 which is just about 2 weeks old, stock rom and not modded in any way, i have been able to connect it to pc and it would be fine and work, the past 2 - 3 days whichever pc i plug it into mine or another pc windows will say that the usb device is not recognized and does not install the driver i also cant access it in any way (from usb).

i need help with this i have no answers on Google and i need to access my phone to get music and stuff on it but we need to figure out why mtp or camera mode or usb debugging all do not work.

Thanks.
Run the trouble shooting guide in KIES to re-install the drivers . Also, use KIES AIR, that only needs WiFi and you can access files and folders via your pc browser. Hope that helps

bigstarrynight

May 14, 2012
This is what microsoft have to say:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because there is a duplicate device already running in the system. (Code 42)
Recommended resolution

A duplicate device was detected. This error occurs when a bus driver incorrectly creates two identically named sub-processes (known as a bus driver error), or when a device with a serial number is discovered in a new location before it is removed from the old location. You may be able to resolve this problem by restarting your computer.

Restart your computer

Click Start, click Shut Down, and then select Restart in the Shut Down Windows dialog box to restart the computer."

I have to go out just now. I'll take a looky see when I get back.

johnride

Feb 16, 2012
Do you have a Linux OS under the hand? It would give you a lot more information than Windows does... If you dont have but want to try, you can download the disc image from ubuntu.com or any other distro like linux mint or fedora etc.

Just to get information on your phone you dont have to install it, just starting on the liveCD, plugin the phone in and running comands like dmesg, lsusb and maybe hwinfo would be able to tell you what is happening with your phone.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

Last edited:

johnride

Feb 16, 2012
i have got xubuntu but it is weird tat the phone does this on any computer not just my laptop. i was at work today and it was still an unknown device.

This is why I suggest you to try to plug it in a linux machine and run those commands, there is obviously a problem with your device and Linux could help you to define what it is since it gives more information on the hardware.

If you are unfamiliar with dmesg output you can create a pastebin and link it here I will try to help with it. The output of lsusb may provide interesting info too. (as hwinfo but I don't think it is available by default in Xubuntu)

johnride

Feb 16, 2012
Also I did not mention that but you can access your phone via the wifi network starting an ssh or ftp server on it, the one I use is connect bot from the market. This way you can manage you music and files over the network.

bigstarrynight

May 14, 2012
Can you confirm that your usb ports on the PC is working with other devices. Its starting to look like a faulty phone. Have you tried a different usb cable, or can you check the current one with another device. We need to exclude all other factors before we conclude it is a faulty phone.

bigstarrynight

May 14, 2012
OK, looks like a croaked phone. Last ditch effort. If you go over to the forums at http://www.sevenforums.com/ have a good search for that error 43 code, there might be an answer that I've missed. We could also have a good look at the windows error logs, but I don't hold much hope as you have proven the PC hardware works, and you have checked and cross checked the drivers. All the error logs will show is an expanded view of the error.

I would consider returning the device with a view to a new replacement. Sorry. :-(

Sincerinhoo

Mar 30, 2010
Den Haag
Got the same issue on 3 different W7 pc's. Got my sgs3 like 3 days. first day USB connection worked just fine but now there's no way of connection it to pc with USB. offcourse you can connect with WIFI but with USB link is much faster

r32chaos

Dec 29, 2010
Austin
Galaxy S3 drivers issue...resolved!

Thanks.

I had the same problem and could not figure out why...here is the deal:
Prior to SGS3, I had the old Samsung Galaxy S/Vibrant and was using the USB cable which came with it...then I thought; maybe the USB cable in the box of GS3 is different or superior...i tried it and VOILA! it worked...so that is all I had to do...all these reboots and re-installing drivers was just a waste of time...PS> I am running Win 7 64bit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy S3 drivers issue...resolved!

Thanks.

I had the same problem and could not figure out why...here is the deal:
    Prior to SGS3, I had the old Samsung Galaxy S/Vibrant and was using the USB cable which came with it...then I thought; maybe the USB cable in the box of GS3 is different or superior...i tried it and VOILA! it worked...so that is all I had to do...all these reboots and re-installing drivers was just a waste of time...PS> I am running Win 7 64bit
    USB Installed

Okay i am here to post results.

After a Factory data reset of the phone i had connected to my google account again and when i was done plugged the phone into the Computer, it said installing driver,

Samsung_Android...

and Well it now works, the phone fully connects via USB again so i hope people who have their S3 and have problems do what i have done but backup your data, pics and music first, then go to settings, backup & restore and click on factory data reset.

Antonio.
    USB Installed

Roc - please post your results as if 2 people had the same issue and both issues were solved with a factory data reset this could be a good guide for many others.

Antonio.
    SGS3 USB Code 10

Thanks to all those who contributed here and elsewhere. Tried 'em all but just to add what worked for me:

Installed latest Kies to get Samsung USB driver.

Rejected Microsoft's USB Driver update.

Phone was recognised normally unless it was attached by USB cable when PC booted up. Then the dreaded Code 10 displayed.

To get round this I found advice from Samsung US here:

OK as I am too new to help others you will have to search for

YP-P2JCB MTP device cannot start code 10

It's a very easy fix and requires a line of text being typed into a Run as Administrator's command window.

Job done.