[MOD][3.20.2011] Working htcsense.com syncing

Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
How to get htcsense.com working on your device.

First, sign up to htcsense.com. Use Desire HD as your device. Go through the process until it says sign in with your phone. I had to do this via a PC.
Flash this package:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v6738zc4owqptt8

Go to settings, accounts and sync and choose to add an account. Choose htc sense.

Thats it!

Things that work:
Text forwarding
GPS location
Remote ring
Remote lock

Things that do not yet work:
Remote wipe
forward calls

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles

First, sign up to htcsense.com. Use Desire HD as your device. Go through the process until it says sign in with your phone. I had to do this via a PC.
Flash this package:

Go to settings, accounts and sync and choose to add an account. Choose htc sense.

Thats it!

Things that work:
Text forwarding
GPS location
Remote ring
Remote lock

Remote wipe
forward calls

Well done, thanks!

setite

Apr 25, 2006
What does the package do in order to make it work. And why do we have to do this, I thought this was a feature that should be working without jumping through hoops.

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
What does the package do in order to make it work. And why do we have to do this, I thought this was a feature that should be working without jumping through hoops.

Easily answered:

Unzip the package.

As for the feature, give it a shot. You will find it missing.

D

Deleted member 5132789

This is my first HTC Android device - what is htcsense.com? Also, do I use cwm to flash this to the phone?

Edit: NM - got it installed and working - thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dariss

Jan 26, 2010
Thanks alot man. Been looking forward to this. Seems it should have been released with it working out of the box....sad that you even HAD to fix it...

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
didn't see in your does and does not work list, but does this work for HTC Hub for wallpapers, scenes and themes? I clicked "Get More" and it just sits and a screen with a spinner.

dhemke17

Oct 16, 2010
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with this. Downloaded and flashed it a more than once. The app shows up under system/app checked via root explorer, but its not in my app list and when I try to click on the MyHTC.apk, it says installation not complete. Any suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

anthonykash

Apr 18, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Same here

I get no Hub icon widget, but when i go to add more skins etc. I get the 'get more' option which then connects me to htc hub to download. Sad thing that it just sits on loading and nothing ever appears :(

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
That was an inadvertent feature/side effect.

Scenes and skins are no bueno, but sound packs , ringtones, notifications, and widgets work.

tmushy

Jan 13, 2007
I added the htc sense account from settings/accounts
Thats all i had to do
There was no app in the app drawer

khanam

Jul 26, 2010
Miami
There should be an app. I have one on the uber z rom I'm running on my incredible. That's a port of the desire z rom

Sent from my desire z inc port.

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
There should be an app. I have one on the uber z rom I'm running on my incredible. That's a port of the desire z rom

This isn't the Desire Z.

Follow the directions or it will not work.

Also, unlike the Desire Z, which has separate apps for each hub function, ours are integrated.

Reactions: khanam

dhemke17

Oct 16, 2010
Got it working and I'm signed in. It was just throwing me off that there was no app in the app drawer. Thanks for letting ne know not to look for it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

pinhead875

Aug 4, 2010
Ok, had to flash it a couple of times before it would show up in accounts. Good to go now, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Flash this package:

Thats it!

Things that work:
    Text forwarding
    GPS location
    Remote ring
    Remote lock

Remote wipe
    forward calls
    For those of you wanting new skins for your phone:

Until this is fixed (no rush of course), there is a post over in the themes section that have about 20 new skins not on the thunderbolt available for download over in the themes and apps board. These are all compatible with the Thunderbolt and look great. The link is posted below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=801928

This isn't the Desire Z.

Follow the directions or it will not work.

Also, unlike the Desire Z, which has separate apps for each hub function, ours are integrated.
    Ok, update:

In regards to HTC Hub skins downloading:

The problem is that the hub cannot detect the resolution of the device to choose the themes.

Haven't made much progress past that.

Code:
    D/SkinPicker.OnlineSkin( 2191): ANIMATE_LOADING_VIEW received
    D/PAPA    ( 2191): set loading text Loading..
    E/        ( 2191): Unable to initallize since the width and height of each element is unknown.

Maybe there is a line in the build.prop when devices are supposed to support it, try looking in a Desire HD rom?
    You can install the apk using "zip signer" from the market if you aren't rooted...that's what worked for me

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Oh, and you have to extract the apk from the zip first and then sign it

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App