In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

• Total voters
Search This thread

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
In this series we will install Google Play Store to the Kindle. You will see we offer two servers to download the software the one server originates from a commercial Dropbox account and the other from a Ubuntu One commercial account, so if you are blocked by one server, you can use the other as an alternate. We publish these tutorials for you, the end user. This is how we make our living, so if you feel we did our job click on the "Donate to Me" link, if money is tight, we understand - at least take the time to post feedback, otherwise we do not know what works. We monitor the thread daily, so if you are stuck, post a detailed explanation of your problem - we respond fairly quickly.

Prerequisites:

A) Kindle Fire 7" Has been Rooted. Here is Step-by-Step Noob (Simple) Instructions

Preferred Method (Automatic Installation):

Play Step 1: Download Kindle Fire First Aide: Windows 32-bit Version Or Windows 64-bit Version

Play Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip

Play Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

Play Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat.

Play Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

Play Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

Play Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

Play Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

Play Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to disable OTA.

Play Step 10: Please check the Kindle under More + > Security - make sure ADB is ON. Leave it disconnected from USB.

Play Step 11: Launch Kindle Fire First Aide, if the ADB Driver is not installed, use Option 12 to Install the ADB Driver

Play Step 12: Make sure the Kindle is turned ON, plugged into the Computer USB and ready. Select Option 18 to Install Google Play Store.

Play Step 13: That is it! Google Play is Installed, you may close the software.

You may view the Kindle Fire First Aide Forum Notes here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2096888

Alternative Method (Manual Installation):

Play Step 1 Download (Dropbox Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 1 Download (Ubuntu One Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 2 Using Windows Explorer move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from your desktop to /Kindle Drive/Download.

Play Step 3 Using ES File Explorer app(Dropbox) or ES File Explorer app(Ubuntu One) open ES File Explorer on your Kindle. Go to the Setting Menu on ES File Explorer. Choose Root Settings, Select all the options here. A Superuser window will Popup, be sure to click "Allow".

Play Step 4 Now on the Kindle Fire HD use ES File Explorer to move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app.

Play Step 5 Next change the permissions on GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by long pressing each apk until you see an option window. Select Permissions and change all 3 apk permissions to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 6 Install all 3 apk's: GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by clicking on each on and choose Install. Ignore any install errors.

Play Step 7 Reboot the Kindle

Play Step 8 Download Vending.apk(Dropbox) or Vending.apk(Ubuntu One)to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 9 Using ES File Explorer app on the Fire. Move Vending.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app. Next Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions set to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 10 Install Vending.apk

Play Step 11 Google Play should show up in your Kindle Fire HD Apps. Tap on it and follow the steps with sign-in and agreeing to the terms. This is an OLD Market so move on to Step 12

Play Step 12 Download Gplay3.8.17.apk(Dropbox) OR Gplay3.8.17.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 13 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Gplay3.8.17.apk select Gplay3.8.17.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.8.17 Google Play market.

Play Step 14 Download Phonesky.apk(Dropbox) OR Phoneshy.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 15 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Phonesky.apk select Phonesky.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.10.10 Google Play market.

Play Step 16 Finally, to eliminate Amazon from intercepting any Market requests, thus allowing Google Play to be the default Market. Using ES File Explorer move /system/app/MarketIntentProxy.apk to /sdcard/download - Reboot the Kindle

Next we will offer a How to: Install Go Launcher EX and HD Noob (Easy) Version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069668

If you would like to support our work, please send us a donation using this link:
http://xdaforums.com/dona....php?u=4435645

Attachments

• AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
    228.2 KB · Views: 5,209
  • GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 5,258
  • GoogleLoginService.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 10,794
  • Gplay3.8.17.apk
    5.4 MB · Views: 6,791
  • Vending.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,961
  • Phonesky.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 4,409
Last edited:

Jayj0ka

Dec 25, 2012
SO I have google playstore finally and am rooted, also have the launchers installed. Now just need some widgets and I will be good.
Thanks again for the amount of support you provide to noobs like me

Reactions: lindonato

DrKizzle911

Apr 15, 2009
First and foremost, thank you for all of these tutorials! Got my KFHD7 rooted perfectly!

I just followed the steps for the Google Play Store and got it installed.

EDIT:

Got Play Store working, I hadn't put the Vending.apk in /system/app. Whoops!

Last edited:

mckennascole

Dec 8, 2012
I can't use google play store as default appstore, can I? I mean I really want it to open app links from within the applications but I couldn't get it doing it. Everything is installed and working nicely but can't make it the default external market links app

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Play to be the default Market

I can't use google play store as default appstore, can I? I mean I really want it to open app links from within the applications but I couldn't get it doing it. Everything is installed and working nicely but can't make it the default external market links app

Did you use our ICS Google Play Store App? If you open Google Play Store, go into Settings, what version is your Google Play Store?

Did you complete this step?

Play Step 16 Finally, to eliminate Amazon from intercepting any Market requests, thus allowing Google Play to be the default Market. Using ES File Explorer move /system/app/MarketIntentProxy.apk to /sdcard/download - Reboot the Kindle

Reactions: daffy4u

mckennascole

Dec 8, 2012
Did you use our ICS Google Play Store App? If you open Google Play Store, go into Settings, what version is your Google Play Store?

Did you complete this step?

it was 3.10.10 before following these steps but now that you warned I realize it's 3.5.16. I don't understand. I'll install 10.10 again.

yes I moved it to another folder long ago...

edit: when i use the 3.8.17 here it updates to 3.8.17 but when I use the phonesky it says 3.5.16
edit #2: ok I upgraded it to 3.10.10 and everything works including play store as the default. thanks...

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Play Software Upgrade to 3.10.10

it was 3.10.10 before following these steps but now that you warned I realize it's 3.5.16. I don't understand. I'll install 10.10 again.

yes I moved it to another folder long ago...

If you download the attached file, it will quickly upgrade you to 3.10.10

Google Play Store Upgrade Step 1: On the Kindle, use Opera or Dolphin to download Phonesky.apk

Google Play Store Upgrade Step 2: Next, choose Open Phonesky.apk

Google Play Store Upgrade Step 3: Next Choose Install

Google Play Store Upgrade Step 4: Reboot the Kindle

Google Play Store Upgrade Step 5: Open /Apps/ Play Store

Google Play Store Upgrade Step 6: Go to Setting, Verify you are on Version 3.10.10

Attachments

• Phonesky.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 131

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
How To: Root the Kindle Fire 7" HD with Windows - Noob (Simple) Version

I'm getting "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your phone" when trying to check the "Root Explorer" box in ES File explorer.

sounds like you lost Root.

ES File Explorer calls to the Superuser.apk when you click on the Root Options.

Are you sure you have Root? Are you running the latest version of ES File Explorer?

fearwillkeepus

Feb 22, 2011
San Diego
sounds like you lost Root.

ES File Explorer calls to the Superuser.apk when you click on the Root Options.

Are you sure you have Root? Are you running the latest version of ES File Explorer?

I had to manually allow ES in superuser. But I'll try running the apk you provided.
IDK how I could have lost root, seeing as I tried doing this moments after successfully rooting.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Follow Up - Possible Lost Root

I had to manually allow ES in superuser. But I'll try running the apk you provided.
IDK how I could have lost root, seeing as I tried doing this moments after successfully rooting.

fearwillkeepus,

By the way, I like your Avatar. Yeah, I suspect you are using an older version of ES File Explorer since that is a known bug.

If not, download our Root Checker Basic utility to test both the Superuser.apk and the su binary. Respond with your

results.

Attachments

• suchecker.apk
    93.5 KB · Views: 91

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Play Store Upgrade 3.10.10

We just received an update today.

Google Play Store has been updated to Version 3.10.10

Look under settings, what is your store version?

You may download the update here Phonesky.apk

directly to your Kindle using Opera, Mozilla, Silk or Dolphin. Once the download

has completed, choose "Open", then choose "Install"

Let the install complete, the open the Google Play Store, under settings. It should

now show version 3.10.10

Attachments

• Phonesky.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 91

Sn8kbordin

Dec 29, 2009
Franklin Park, IL
I had Play Store working before and I rooted my Kindle Fire HD 8.9".

What happened was my 4 year old niece tried using Kindle but she didn't know the pin so she just pressed and held some buttons. I think it was power button. After that Kindle took very long to start, asked me to login into Amazon again and all apps were gone. I think she factory reset it. The root stayed.

Does this method make it persistent or will I have to redo everything if it were to happen again? Maybe there could be something automated to get me back to where I am now with backing up and restoring or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this series we will install Google Play Store to the Kindle. You will see we offer two servers to download the software the one server originates from a commercial Dropbox account and the other from a Ubuntu One commercial account, so if you are blocked by one server, you can use the other as an alternate. We publish these tutorials for you, the end user. This is how we make our living, so if you feel we did our job click on the "Donate to Me" link, if money is tight, we understand - at least take the time to post feedback, otherwise we do not know what works. We monitor the thread daily, so if you are stuck, post a detailed explanation of your problem - we respond fairly quickly.

Prerequisites:

A) Kindle Fire 7" Has been Rooted. Here is Step-by-Step Noob (Simple) Instructions

Preferred Method (Automatic Installation):

Play Step 1: Download Kindle Fire First Aide: Windows 32-bit Version Or Windows 64-bit Version

Play Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip

Play Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

Play Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat.

Play Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

Play Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

Play Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

Play Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
    ;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

Play Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to disable OTA.

Play Step 10: Please check the Kindle under More + > Security - make sure ADB is ON. Leave it disconnected from USB.

Play Step 11: Launch Kindle Fire First Aide, if the ADB Driver is not installed, use Option 12 to Install the ADB Driver

Play Step 12: Make sure the Kindle is turned ON, plugged into the Computer USB and ready. Select Option 18 to Install Google Play Store.

Play Step 13: That is it! Google Play is Installed, you may close the software.

You may view the Kindle Fire First Aide Forum Notes here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2096888

Alternative Method (Manual Installation):

Play Step 1 Download (Dropbox Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 1 Download (Ubuntu One Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 2 Using Windows Explorer move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from your desktop to /Kindle Drive/Download.

Play Step 3 Using ES File Explorer app(Dropbox) or ES File Explorer app(Ubuntu One) open ES File Explorer on your Kindle. Go to the Setting Menu on ES File Explorer. Choose Root Settings, Select all the options here. A Superuser window will Popup, be sure to click "Allow".

Play Step 4 Now on the Kindle Fire HD use ES File Explorer to move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app.

Play Step 5 Next change the permissions on GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by long pressing each apk until you see an option window. Select Permissions and change all 3 apk permissions to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 6 Install all 3 apk's: GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by clicking on each on and choose Install. Ignore any install errors.

Play Step 7 Reboot the Kindle

Play Step 8 Download Vending.apk(Dropbox) or Vending.apk(Ubuntu One)to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 9 Using ES File Explorer app on the Fire. Move Vending.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app. Next Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions set to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 10 Install Vending.apk

Play Step 11 Google Play should show up in your Kindle Fire HD Apps. Tap on it and follow the steps with sign-in and agreeing to the terms. This is an OLD Market so move on to Step 12

Play Step 12 Download Gplay3.8.17.apk(Dropbox) OR Gplay3.8.17.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 13 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Gplay3.8.17.apk select Gplay3.8.17.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.8.17 Google Play market.

Play Step 14 Download Phonesky.apk(Dropbox) OR Phoneshy.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 15 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Phonesky.apk select Phonesky.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.10.10 Google Play market.

Next we will offer a How to: Install Go Launcher EX and HD Noob (Easy) Version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069668

If you would like to support our work, please send us a donation using this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/dona....php?u=4435645
    You can install Google Play on your 2013 Kindle Fire HD but it's for window shopping only. Any attempts to download from the play store will freeze the tablet and require a reboot. Really the play store serves no real purpose on the new KFHD 7, at the moment anyway. 1mobile and f DROID are a couple spots to get apks from.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the spots. I was able to use 1mobile to get a couple apps that worked such as clash of clans and freekindle and supersu. I need to try the other place then because I am unable to get a googleplay that even works, I could never get it to really open or search anything anyways. What I really want to get working is an app called Parallel Kingdom but it doesn't run when I get it through 1mobile.com; I'm a little disappointed to find out that googleplay won't work on my kindle and I hope I can get other programs to work then.
    Should I allow kindle to push updates again?

Thanks again LinearEquation, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and actually care about problems that need not concern you :D
    I think I'm in love :highfive:
    Google Apps

I think I'm in love :highfive:

Thank you for the feedback.

Next we will be offering all the updated Google Applications for your pleasure.

This is a bit more complex, so we may not have this out until tomorrow AM.
    Dropbox Upgraded

Just FYI to everyone.

We just upgraded our Dropbox Subscription to the Dropbox Team Premium with 1TB

of space and unlimited traffic.

This should eliminate Storage Server Outages.