[ROM][4.2.2][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL

Search This thread

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL

Hey, I just discovered a cool feature. When you pull the notification bar down, if you slide your finger along the bottom 'handle' of the bar (the blue part that lights up), you can 'slide' between notifications and quick settings.

Or it's a brightness changer if you have that enabled

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Hey, I just discovered a cool feature. When you pull the notification bar down, if you slide your finger along the bottom 'handle' of the bar (the blue part that lights up), you can 'slide' between notifications and quick settings.

I remember reading about this on CM Google+ page. There G+ page is a pretty good place to check out, they usually post when cool new features are getting merged, new devices getting support etc. https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/

eskimochaos

Nov 19, 2007
Awesome battery life today.

22h on battery
90min screen on (browsing primarily)
7 hours of airplane mode at work
45% left.

Daxxer2007

Jul 4, 2011

Can someone pull the semi working camera and send the apk my way please:)

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
Hey guys, just doing a check in here.

Any Google Nav issues on 10.1? I know there were on cm10. I want to know if it still crashes.

Thanks,
-h8rift

Reactions: Tinyboss

evilbobvu

Jul 18, 2007

nav still crashing for me.
Thanks for all of your hard work H8.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

mrlazyone

Nov 11, 2010

Freezing similar to CM10 not really a big issue for me anymore. Waze has grown on me and the issue seems to happen to only a select few of us...

Thanks for the great work!

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
I will post a new build tomorrow so all you crack flashers can have the latest.

I'm going to do something a little different. I wont put it in the subject line (because thats just tacky...) but i will put in the OP what the "latest build" date is. I'll start doing that when I put up unofficial builds.

Expect a "20120201" build tomorrow at some point.

It will include the newest code improvements from audio-caf and display-caf, putting us on par with the US sgs3 mostly (but we have a partial working camera...and unfortunately they have nothing camera-related working :( )

The biggest fix is.....
Bluetooth a2dp doesn't sound like garbage anymore!! (woot!)

Cam is still as busted as it was. We were tearing into (pun intended) what was causing the refresh rate / screen tearing problem. Let me know if it is improved. The next focus is back on cam so we can get this baby to nightlies!

Thanks everyone!
-h8rift

tehdef

Apr 30, 2012
ATX

I will post a new build tomorrow so all you crack flashers can have the latest.

I'm going to do something a little different. I wont put it in the subject line (because thats just tacky...) but i will put in the OP what the "latest build" date is. I'll start doing that when I put up unofficial builds.

Expect a "20120201" build tomorrow at some point.

It will include the newest code improvements from audio-caf and display-caf, putting us on par with the US sgs3 mostly (but we have a partial working camera...and unfortunately they have nothing camera-related working :( )

The biggest fix is.....
Bluetooth a2dp doesn't sound like garbage anymore!! (woot!)

Cam is still as busted as it was. We were tearing into (pun intended) what was causing the refresh rate / screen tearing problem. Let me know if it is improved. The next focus is back on cam so we can get this baby to nightlies!

Thanks everyone!
-h8rift

Good to know our phone is leading the charge on the current gen cm. Good work h8 and team.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM10.1 for the AT&T HTC One X / HTC One XL.

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    1. S-Off your device (Do this before RUU'ing and it will not wipe your /sdcard)
    2. Update to 3.18 RUU
    3. Flash a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM)
    4. Download latest Nightly
    5. Download and flash GAPPS

Nightlies return! Keep an eye on http://get.cm/?device=evita

List all Questions and Off-Topic discussions here

Changelog

Huge thanks:
    intervigil, xkonni, toastcfh, deck and rohan32 - Great team to work with for the HTC MSM8960 device family.
    @h8rift please check PM

Thread has been cleaned out. While I realize Development has slowed, I have created an OT thread in the General section HERE For all to decompress ;)

Lets try to stick with CM talk here.

Thank you

Thanks Tony, and sorry for the very late reply to your PM. You did what I would have asked :).

Development is still going on for this device, but we're trying to work on m7 (HTC One) and this family and get them merged so they always stay up to date with eachother. Its a fun, but daunting task...so please bear with me :). Once we get this kernel cleaned up it *does* have working HDMI and no refresh lines too. So basically, it will be near perfect and solid for this device. Just need some time as alot of us have had work stuff, personal stuff, (and myself) medical stuff going on.

We still love our S4 8960 devices, so they aren't forgotten :). We're learning alot about things we can fix here from what we are learning about the m7, so its a great experience for us and for you, the user. So kick back and relax and I will definitely put a noticable post up when nightlies return to normal and we move on to the other kernel which drops the lib that got us DMCA'ed.

Thanks everyone,
    -h8
    I believe everyone is correct and a status update is required at this point. This was my first CM device to maintain and I have a deep love and respect for it.

We just merged up our 3.4 stuff to CyanogenMod and each of the four devices in the family have a few leftover issues before we start nightlies again.

Here's the scoop on our phone on 3.4 at this moment:

All features work except:
    *720p/1080p video
    *random reboots
    *increased battery drain over 3.0 kernel as it is not optimized or has a stale process chewing battery. Its nothing catastrophic, but noticeable.

Issue-by-issue:
    #1: this is broken on all four devices at the moment and as all of you remember from cm9, cm10, cm-10.1 w/3.0 kernel....we do camera last. Stability first, features second, polish third.

#2 I bricked my Evita while fixing this issue so it could be released in an alpha status to you all. Luckily, XsMagical has been very very kind and offered to donate me a new motherboard ($150) to revive my device. It should be in the mail coming my way on Monday. We believe we found the fix, I just need to validate.

#3 this issue will be addressed after reboots and camera are up. Hell it could be the camera or reboots causing it. That's why we polish last.

**Sidenote: in 6-8 months I will most likely get whatever new htc device is out there and maintain it too if its on at&t. Why? Because our 4 (now 6) man squad are all CM has for HTC development officially. Period. There's nearly 10 people on the GS3 and GS4 series of phones just by themselves. No one wants or loves htc devices more than us so damn right I will do my hardest to maintain as much and as many as I can. Every new device I encounter the mire I learn how to fix up the others. We figured out HDMI out for this device by working on the HTC One, for example. We are also looking at merging kernels so that yes, thus device will be continually carried through new versions of android as well as the newer devices.

Some Evita users moved to the HTC One already and I was already there having their back. I would feel more appreciative that you get an easy-going, hard working person like me to give up all this time to work on devices knowing dang well that if you upgrade to another AT&T HTC device, you can expect me along with it. I feel I am dependable and actually listen to complaints, kudos, and feedback and respond appropriately, while other developers might not really care to respond to anything. My PM box fills up daily with questions and queries about how to build android from source for random devices like Huawei, or older devices like the HTC Flyer tablet. I literally work 45 hours a week at work, then put in another 5 hours minimum every night (or 10-15 on weekends). If you have been wondering what I have done with my 25 hours on android this week it has been trying to find a way to un-brick my Evita before that motherboard arrives so I can get to work this weekend. Rohan has been helping out a lot since my device died but he is very busy at the moment.

Last but not least. As soon as I can confirm the random reboots every 5-10 minutes are gone and it is a stable phone (I'm talking voice and data, because phone call availability is #1 priority...I mean...its a phone for crying out loud...), I will be blowing this thread up with test builds to see if we catch other bugs.

But I would rather see you on a stable build from March than an unstable build today and something happens to a family member and you don't get the phone call. Or maybe you get hurt badly and your phone reboots in mid-dial.

That's what I think about. That's why there are no test builds yet. Be patient, I want to see everyone excited again once this is released again. Lord knows I could use a few hours break by having all the devices on nightlies so I can work out bugs!

Sorry for the length, but that's what's on my mind after I read the last few posts so I wanted you to know *everything* that is going on.

Thanks,
    -h8

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
    Little update for you guys, the remaining issues are almost done for the 3.4 kernel. the permanent black screen unless USB is plugged in is gone now. We are now dealing with a screen on / off delay of a half a second and getting camera working again :).

Sit tight, eat some popcorn, you will enjoy the update when its available (then nightlies will start up again shortly after, bc we wont need the file that got us DMCA'ed). This also sets us up for quick updates to the next version of android since we're mostly CAF, with minor HTC bits needed to run the vendor-specific hardware.
    H8 is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

We're making major headway on our 3.4 kernel. No tearing and such, super smooth. Only problem right now is Camera, screen on/off delay, and if you dont have a USB cable plugged in, after about 10-15 seconds, the screen will not turn back on until you plug a usb cable back in. Otherwise its pretty much fully CAF code :).

Sorry haven't been around, we took a break for about a week, we'll still waiting on our vendor repo to come back. That break did us well, we're making major progress now.

There is no "giving up", its just "how long will it take". We are going to miss M3 but are trying to be ready for cm-10.1 stable. We'll just have to see.

Thanks guys!
    -h8rift