HELP!! SMS issue...

Search This thread

c_86

Jul 16, 2011
Canada
www.cmsrm.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ok this is a odd one for you guys, i for the life of me cannot figure it out...

i recently changed from a n4 to a bb z30... my wife has a galaxy nexus running 4.4.2 cm11 latest nightly

before today she was able to send SMS etc...

as of the yesterdays nightly, the SMCS code got messed up, so she wasnt able to send SMS, but was able to receieve without issues...

now i reset the SMCS number and got that all working but here is where it get really odd...

she can text anyone else except my number... it says it sent but nothin shows up on my z30...

however as soon as i put my SIM in my n4, i receive all her SMS that he has sent me... every single one... but as soon as i put my SIM from my n4 back into my z30, it never hits my phone....

i have NO idea what is going on... to me it seems like my number is tied to my n4, yet i can get texts from anyone else on my z30 as well...

its like our two phones are linked for SMS, they can only send and receive SMS if i am using my n4 and her galaxy nexus...

hope that made sense?

anyone have any suggestions... this is extremely frustrating and i cannot figure this out... some how i have to untie my number to my n4... which doesnt make sense...

important info:

her device: Galaxy Nexus
4.4.2 feb 8, 2014 CM 11 nightlie
registered with whisper push (not sure if thats relevant)

my device: Nexus 4
4.4.2 feb 1, 2014 CM 11 nightlie
registered with whispern push

anyone???

Last edited:

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Ok this is a odd one for you guys, i for the life of me cannot figure it out...

i recently changed from a n4 to a bb z30... my wife has a galaxy nexus running 4.4.2 cm11 latest nightly

before today she was able to send SMS etc...

as of the yesterdays nightly, the SCMC code got messed up, so she wasnt able to send SMS, but was able to receieve without issues...

now i reset the SCMC number and got that all working but here is where it get really odd...

she can text anyone else except my number... it says it sent but nothin shows up on my z30...

however as soon as i put my SIM in my n4, i receive all her SMS that he has sent me... every single one... but as soon as i put my SIM from my n4 back into my z30, it never hits my phone....

i have NO idea what is going on... to me it seems like my number is tied to my n4, yet i can get texts from anyone else on my z30 as well...

its like our two phones are linked for SMS, they can only send and receive SMS if i am using my n4 and her galaxy nexus...

hope that made sense?

anyone have any suggestions... this is extremely frustrating and i cannot figure this out... some how i have to untie my number to my n4... which doesnt make sense...

important info:

her device: Galaxy Nexus
4.4.2 feb 8, 2014 CM 11 nightlie
registered with whisper push (not sure if thats relevant)

my device: Nexus 4
4.4.2 feb 1, 2014 CM 11 nightlie
registered with whispern push

anyone???

It's a carrier thing. Call your carrier and have them set your BB to the number.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

c_86

Jul 16, 2011
Canada
www.cmsrm.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
That doesn't make sense. Everything was working fine before. I switched to the z30 last week and we could send sms fine until today. After I did the update to the latest nightly and the deleting of the smsc number.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ryanrioz

Feb 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hmm... i think is your SIM cards problem, man..:)

try to assist from your Telco 1st

Send My Signature phone to XDA with my Bad grammars..

c_86

Jul 16, 2011
Canada
www.cmsrm.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OK get this one. I decided to boot up my Nexus 4 to update it and apps and it started to recieve the text from my wife on the nexus 4... Which makes no sense because THERE IS NO SO CARD in it... Wtf!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk