Good news for Kaiser users: CorePlayer 1.2 will entirely fix the video problems!

Search This thread

Boinng

Oct 30, 2007
www.boinng.com
If you read the explanation posted on that forum -

The issue was that they used something called QTV for overlay (undocumented qualcomm driver).

I'm assuming "they" is HTC, which suggests that the driver support isn't missing, it's just not working very well, and Coreplayer have switched to something else.

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
If you read the explanation posted on that forum -

I'm assuming "they" is HTC, which suggests that the driver support isn't missing, it's just not working very well, and Coreplayer have switched to something else.

Yes, maybe they are NOT missing (as some people have said) and this is the first app that actually uses the correct calls. :)

Can we get rid of that sticky now??

Last edited:

omikr0n

Oct 24, 2007
Prague, Czech republic
Do you mean petition thread?
That petition is much more general. It touches problems with accelerated 3D graphics as well as video playback issues.
None of these are solved yet. I don't see any reason for un-sticky-ing that thread.

Bottom line: No, I don't think that petition will solve anything. But I still like people to know about Kaiser's problems.

dsyro

Mar 15, 2007
Do you mean petition thread?
That petition is much more general. It touches problems with accelerated 3D graphics as well as video playback issues.
None of these are solved yet. I don't see any reason for un-sticky-ing that thread.

Bottom line: No, I don't think that petition will solve anything. But I still like people to know about Kaiser's problems.

Unlike others who, for reasons that escape us all, would rather hide them under the carpet :)

greeek

Jun 28, 2007
Ahhh... You people and your petitions.... very amusing. :rolleyes:

Now come on, don't all jump on me now... It's cute that you have an interest and you feel that your 'doing something' :)

forcedalias

Jan 5, 2006
Will this fix in any way help with the Camera/Video Camera jerky/blurry-video issue?

Either way it's nice to see some solutions are finally surfacing.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu

Really, you call this good news? This is horrible news. And it isn't even correct either.

They haven't solved anything, they're just used a propriety technology driver to do something that by all means SHOULD WORK with the already existing and used-in-every-normal-program DirectDraw and GDI.

This gives HTC even LESS incentive to fix our problems, since there is now (a particularly bad) workaround.

So now we have to use a custom player we have to pay for to do something our device should have done already out-of-the-box, and it still doesn't solve our GDI, DD, D3D or GLES issues.

You call this good news, I call this a farce.

(And actually, the correct GDI/DD should be able to decide when to actually use QTV and do this internally, just like the KS20 D3Dm driver uses GLES internally)

Last edited:

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
Really, you call this good news? This is horrible news.

It is very good news for anyone wanting to watch videos with CorePlayer. Noone else, I know. But, at least, video playback becomes much easier.

This gives HTC even LESS incentive to fix our problems

Do you really think HTC would fix these issues? They haven't even fixed the two-year-old touchscreen CPU usage issue plaguing ALL 2.8" HTC phones... a major pain in the back with ALL these phones.

Bratag

Apr 1, 2006
It is very good news for anyone wanting to watch videos with CorePlayer. Noone else, I know. But, at least, video playback becomes much easier.

Do you really think HTC would fix these issues? They haven't even fixed the two-year-old touchscreen CPU usage issue plaguing ALL 2.8" HTC phones... a major pain in the back with ALL these phones.

Which is why my next device will not be a HTC device. I am seriously thinking of switching to the new US nokia with the upgraded ram and cpu.

jgermuga

Aug 16, 2006
Sorry, I did not say remove the thread, that would be wrong. I just asked if it could be made un-sticky! :)

If any sticky gets removed it should be the "The thread to address ALL TILT-specific questions". What a mess that turned into. It is completely useless. In addition to the length and disjointed topics, many of the questions aren't even Tilt specific. The first several posts should be moved to the wiki, glean what you can from the rest and let that abomination fade into a long overdue digital oblivian! ...nuf said

Back on topic, I think this is good news but the petitioned issue still stands. Core Player will help for encoded video only, and has not yet been released. Until I see it, I am sceptical. Plus it requires an additional purchase for something that should be free. Still, being able to transcode my video library once and be able to play on multiple devices with respectible quality will make it well worth the price.

So I will probably wind up using it if/when it does come out and if it does indeed work, but I still think the petition thread serves a good purpose, if only to make potential purchasers aware of the situation, and also what to expect form HTC support (which is basiaclly nothing).