[ROM][3/16/12] MIUI ICS v4 2.3.16 BETA [4.0.3][Icy Glitch v14]

Search This thread

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Since the official MIUI.us ICS ROM has been released, I will not be watching this thread too closely anymore. I will still check in every once in a while to make sure all questions are answered regarding this version. The official forum for the MIUI.us release can be found here. There is also a forum here on XDA: XDA Forum.

P R E S E N T I N G
MIUI ICS v4
Samsung Fascinate

BETA RELEASE

If this is your first time flashing MIUI v4, please read the instructions found here before proceeding: http://goo.gl/8aTyR

Current Version: 2.3.16
Download: http://tinyw.in/ttVR
md5: b77d14b92166f53e9e2fc03f758ec5d7

NOTICE: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. THERE IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON HOW TO FLASH. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS OUTLINED BELOW WILL RESULT IN BRICKING YOUR PHONE. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ODIN READILY AVAILABLE IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. THE STEPS OUTLINED BELOW ASSUME YOU'RE RUNNING GINGERBREAD MIUI. IF YOU ARE ALREADY RUNNING TEAMHACKSUNG'S CM9, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLASH THIS NORMALLY.

I have flashed this several times on my Fascinate, so I suspect there won't be any issues with anyone who is experienced in flashing ROMs. With that said, I will not be held responsible for any damage to your phone by flashing this. Flash at your own risk.

MMS WORK-AROUND
1. Download Set DNS from the Market
2. Open the app, click on the dropdown box and select Custom
3. Enter 8.8.8.8 for DNS1 and 66.174.92.214 for DNS2, hit Apply
4. MMS should now be working

How do I boot into recovery?
To boot into recovery, open the Updater app, press the menu button, and select Reboot to Recovery

What works:
Inbound and outbound calling
Sending and receiving SMS Text Messages
4-Way Reboot Menu
USB Storage
Camera
3G Data
Wifi
MMS (Works with work-around above)
Themes (you have to add a folder called theme to /data/system/)
Bluetooth
Music app
Gallery
Backup app
Alarm clock
Bluetooth
MIUI Music app
Possibly other things

What doesn't work:
Signal bar sometimes shows no signal when there actually is signal (Better, but still not perfect)
As of 2.3.16, Root Permissions doesn't work
GPS
Probably other things
Torch App

Changes/Fixes Implemented in This Release:
Updated ROM to 2.3.16
Got rid of that Roaming Indicator Off message in the status bar
Added the MIUI Torch app (doesn't work yet though)

To Do List:
Fix GPS
Fix signal bars
Find a way to make MMS work without having to change the DNS
Find a way to get themes working without having to manually add the theme folder
OTA updates
Am I missing something? Let me know.

I'm working to get this ROM as bug-free as possible. If you guys find any bugs that aren't listed here, please let me know.

jt1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung and everyone else who is responsible for making cm9 a possibility for the Samsung Fascinate. Also, thanks to MIUI China for the awesome ROM.

All my MIUI releases can be found here: http://goo-inside.me/devs/weblexa/miui/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-20.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3,744
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-54.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 3,331
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-34.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3,256
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-11-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-11-04.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3,371
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-41.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 3,129
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-11-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-11-09.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2,999
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-10-48.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,882
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-11-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-11-32.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2,795
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-12-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-12-29.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,858
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-11-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-11-26.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,746
  • Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-12-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-20-12-05.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2,844
Last edited:

ekowanz

May 5, 2009
Really great news here... so where the donate link sir?

Sent from my SCH-I500

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Tried it before with miui4 I couldn't get it to work. Maybe Web will have better luck. I didn't have to do anything to get wifi working though. So that's weird.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the first time I turned on wifi it worked, but after that it kept hanging on "turning on wifi" so it may or may not work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
you can find fixes for almost all your problems (phone calls, SMS, etc) in jts github for ICS.

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
you can find fixes for almost all your problems (phone calls, SMS, etc) in jts github for ICS.

Yeah, I found some fixed there this morning just haven't had a chance to implement them yet. Ill hopefully be able to get the fixes implemented into my port this weekend.

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
Awesome, really nice to wake up and see this posted! So glad that we have someone working on Miui v4, thanks a bunch weblexa. Just a quick question, if I'm currently on teamhacksung's ICS, should I be able to flash back and forth and restore nandroids without having to do anything special?

pntballer505

Feb 21, 2011
Yeah, I found some fixed there this morning just haven't had a chance to implement them yet. Ill hopefully be able to get the fixes implemented into my port this weekend.

Psyched for the implemented fixes. Thanks for still
working on fascinate Miui!!

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Awesome, really nice to wake up and see this posted! So glad that we have someone working on Miui v4, thanks a bunch weblexa. Just a quick question, if I'm currently on teamhacksung's ICS, should I be able to flash back and forth and restore nandroids without having to do anything special?

I personally haven't tried, but I would think you could. Make sure you have Odin available though, just in case. :D

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
do you have themes and things enabled in this? not flashing because of issues. just wondering; I played with porting this about a month ago but never got past some of jts fixes so didn't release anything. one issue I couldnt figure out is themes; most of the systemui did not appear to be themed as it should have been. do you have that working right?

also is the music app in there yet? that's one reason I didn't bother continuing work, it was incomplete in the way of miui apps and stuff.

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
do you have themes and things enabled in this? not flashing because of issues. just wondering; I played with porting this about a month ago but never got past some of jts fixes so didn't release anything. one issue I couldnt figure out is themes; most of the systemui did not appear to be themed as it should have been. do you have that working right?

also is the music app in there yet? that's one reason I didn't bother continuing work, it was incomplete in the way of miui apps and stuff.

Themes should work. They were miss placed when we were working on it. all you had to do was create a themes folder in the system folder. I think they are fixed now.

Reactions: sageDieu

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
Themes didn't work for me. It would "apply" them, but wouldn't actually change anything. It's pretty cool to see MIUI v4 on the fascinate though, I had fun playing around with it. Although without working data, there's not a whole lot you can do.

One thing that should be remedied is the fact the you cannot boot into recovery from the reboot menu. I had to three-finger into recovery which is a no-no with ICS apparently, and even though my backup looked like it restored normally, it wouldn't boot back up, it would just boot back into recovery. Gonna odin now and get back to THS beta 6.

Thanks for working on this though weblexa, I'm confident that with the help of JT and others in the community, you'll be able to make this a great rom. I never see you in the #samsung-fascinate IRC channel, I do see JT and sbrissen in there quite a bit though and I'm sure they'd probably be the most help with ICS. Just a thought.

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Themes didn't work for me. It would "apply" them, but wouldn't actually change anything. It's pretty cool to see MIUI v4 on the fascinate though, I had fun playing around with it. Although without working data, there's not a whole lot you can do.

One thing that should be remedied is the fact the you cannot boot into recovery from the reboot menu. I had to three-finger into recovery which is a no-no with ICS apparently, and even though my backup looked like it restored normally, it wouldn't boot back up, it would just boot back into recovery. Gonna odin now and get back to THS beta 6.

Thanks for working on this though weblexa, I'm confident that with the help of JT and others in the community, you'll be able to make this a great rom. I never see you in the #samsung-fascinate IRC channel, I do see JT and sbrissen in there quite a bit though and I'm sure they'd probably be the most help with ICS. Just a thought.

Yeah, I really need to start getting on irc more. I'm sure it would be very helpful. I'll look into getting the reboot recovery option back into the reboot menu for my next release. Another option would be to use terminal emulator to reboot to recovery. Haven't tried it with v4 but don't see any reason for it to not work.

godofwar762

May 2, 2011
U could use terminal until It gets fixed

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Last edited:

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Themes should work. They were miss placed when we were working on it. all you had to do was create a themes folder in the system folder. I think they are fixed now.

Everything is themed properly now. Not sure if the Themes app works, haven't played with it. Sounds like there's still issues with it though. The music app is the stock cm9 music app.

Working on fixing 3G and calling tonight. With any luck they'll be fixed by morning.

Reactions: k_nivesout

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the official MIUI.us ICS ROM has been released, I will not be watching this thread too closely anymore. I will still check in every once in a while to make sure all questions are answered regarding this version. The official forum for the MIUI.us release can be found here. There is also a forum here on XDA: XDA Forum.

P R E S E N T I N G
    MIUI ICS v4
    Samsung Fascinate

BETA RELEASE

If this is your first time flashing MIUI v4, please read the instructions found here before proceeding: http://goo.gl/8aTyR

Current Version: 2.3.16
    Download: http://tinyw.in/ttVR
    md5: b77d14b92166f53e9e2fc03f758ec5d7

NOTICE: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. THERE IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON HOW TO FLASH. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS OUTLINED BELOW WILL RESULT IN BRICKING YOUR PHONE. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ODIN READILY AVAILABLE IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. THE STEPS OUTLINED BELOW ASSUME YOU'RE RUNNING GINGERBREAD MIUI. IF YOU ARE ALREADY RUNNING TEAMHACKSUNG'S CM9, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLASH THIS NORMALLY.

I have flashed this several times on my Fascinate, so I suspect there won't be any issues with anyone who is experienced in flashing ROMs. With that said, I will not be held responsible for any damage to your phone by flashing this. Flash at your own risk.

MMS WORK-AROUND
    1. Download Set DNS from the Market
    2. Open the app, click on the dropdown box and select Custom
    3. Enter 8.8.8.8 for DNS1 and 66.174.92.214 for DNS2, hit Apply
    4. MMS should now be working

How do I boot into recovery?
    To boot into recovery, open the Updater app, press the menu button, and select Reboot to Recovery

What works:
    Inbound and outbound calling
    Sending and receiving SMS Text Messages
    4-Way Reboot Menu
    USB Storage
    Camera
    3G Data
    Wifi
    MMS (Works with work-around above)
    Themes (you have to add a folder called theme to /data/system/)
    Bluetooth
    Music app
    Gallery
    Backup app
    Alarm clock
    Bluetooth
    MIUI Music app
    Possibly other things

What doesn't work:
    Signal bar sometimes shows no signal when there actually is signal (Better, but still not perfect)
    As of 2.3.16, Root Permissions doesn't work
    GPS
    Probably other things
    Torch App

Changes/Fixes Implemented in This Release:
    Updated ROM to 2.3.16
    Got rid of that Roaming Indicator Off message in the status bar
    Added the MIUI Torch app (doesn't work yet though)

To Do List:
    Fix GPS
    Fix signal bars
    Find a way to make MMS work without having to change the DNS
    Find a way to get themes working without having to manually add the theme folder
    OTA updates
    Am I missing something? Let me know.

I'm working to get this ROM as bug-free as possible. If you guys find any bugs that aren't listed here, please let me know.

jt1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung and everyone else who is responsible for making cm9 a possibility for the Samsung Fascinate. Also, thanks to MIUI China for the awesome ROM.

All my MIUI releases can be found here: http://goo-inside.me/devs/weblexa/miui/
    Got calls/SMS working properly. Just gotta figure out data and wifi, then we should be good to go!

OP updated with link to 2.2.24!

In an attempt to fix MMS for Fascinate users, I may have accidentally broken MMS for Mesmerize users... Sorry.
    I hear ya! Working every spare moment (I don't have a lot of free time) I have trying to get data working on v4. Hopefully soon.

Just got 3G working! I'm doing some testing now. I'll hopefully have a new release uploaded soon. Stay tuned...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
    I am pleased to announce MIUI.us has invited me to work with them. I will now be doing the official MIUI.us port for the Fascinate MIUI ICS ROM. As many of you already know, MIUI.us is a great group of talented developers. My next release will incorporate the MIUI.us bootani, logo, and translations.

Many of you know that dfgas was doing the MIUI.us Fascinate ports. He is moving to another device and will continue to work with MIUI.us.