[CLOSED][Q]ICS to XMP in beginning of April?

Search This thread

BudgyN1

Dec 17, 2010
Has anyone got any news if Sony is going to release the ICS update they promised in the early of April? As they promised other Xperia 2011 phones ICS will be coming to them end of March, it doesn't look likely that XMP will be getting ICS soon? Has anyone got some recent news?

Last edited:

davidcmc

Jan 19, 2011
Has anyone got any news if Sony is going to release the ICS update they promised in the early of April? As they promised other Xperia 2011 phones ICS will be coming to them end of March, it doesn't look likely that XMP will be getting ICS soon? Has anyone got some recent news?

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products/2012/03/30/the-vans-around-the-corner-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-software-upgrade-coming-to-2011-xperia-smartphones-starting-from-mid-april/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-vans-around-the-corner-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-software-upgrade-coming-to-2011-xperia-smartphones-starting-from-mid-april said:
[...]

The first Xperia models to receive the upgrade will be Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray. For these first models, the rollout will start mid-April and continue over 4-6 weeks.*

Following on, Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will receive their scoop starting from the end of May/early June.*

[...]

*The availability and scheduling of this software upgrade and specific models upgradeable to Android 4.0 will vary by market and carrier requirements.

Xperia mini, mini pro and Live with Walkman only getting ICS by end of May and beggining of June.
Damn it, Sony. :(

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
Well you probably read it around the same time so it's an easy mistake.

Yeah, 1 month delay. Looking at the beta roms (official) I'm confused about what the UI will be on the Mini/Pro. Will we have the ICS blue icons throughout, continue the SE UI, or a mix? I've seen a mix of all that on the betas available. I have loved almost every UI design SE has done. BUT I do NOT like much of the new Sony UI. Some of their phone designs are nice and unique, but I do NOT like their UI, I don't want it.

I just noticed that one of the final big features missing in the custom 4.0 roms has been fixed: the camera. Now I'm happy to download a custom 4.0, especially given the delay.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1434001

krstep

Dec 11, 2010
Tetovo, Macedonia
Xiaomi Mi A3
I'm also really confused about many things.
First Sony said that the update was planed for end of April/Begging of may, now they are just delaying it :mad:
Also, I've never seen a beta ROM or a screenshot of the Timescape UI for smaller phones for ICS.

BudgyN1

Dec 17, 2010
So disappointed....I flashed stocked ROM and relock bootloader just to update to official ICS update but now I have to wait till end of May or even beginning of June....WTF SONY??!!?!

acb123

Apr 15, 2011
Sony just delays the update in 1 months so we can have our fun time with the custom ROMs around :rolleyes:

metalrawk

Oct 6, 2011
Update was delayed because of 3rd party certifications, maybe because they were busy in certifying Samsung and htc roms. 1 months isn't that long BTW.

dumraden

Feb 18, 2008
This is SPARTAAAA!!
1 month is not long at all. Should i remind you that the Xperia Pro (not the mini pro) was delayed around 8 months?

Besides, what is all the hype with ICS? You wont realise what is going under the hood, the UI will be exactly the same as it is now... Just because it is new doesn't mean its better, most of the times. Remember the bugs 4.0.3 had? the Changelog for 4.0.4 has some hundreds of changes to it from 4.0.3... So yea...

Reactions: M4puk

ashwinsadeep

Mar 31, 2012
Bangalore
Sony have delayed the release of the ICS for the Arc S, Ray etc to mid april... So i guess we will have to wait a whole lot longer, more like mid june or something...
May be you should try some unofficial builds....
AOSP build by kamarush is really stable and i am using it on a daily basis... well xcept for hd recording...

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda premium

Last edited:

urra901109

Sep 5, 2011
i really like the default ics UI.. so i picked up the custom ICS build by kamarush and expeacer. stable enough now for daily use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1 month is not long at all. Should i remind you that the Xperia Pro (not the mini pro) was delayed around 8 months?

Besides, what is all the hype with ICS? You wont realise what is going under the hood, the UI will be exactly the same as it is now... Just because it is new doesn't mean its better, most of the times. Remember the bugs 4.0.3 had? the Changelog for 4.0.4 has some hundreds of changes to it from 4.0.3... So yea...