[Q] How exactly do I update my phone OTA?

Search This thread

Seth.D

Oct 1, 2011
Hello, I found out that there is a new update for my phone. After I connected to Wi-Fi and downloaded it, starting the update made my phone restart and boot into Clockwork Recovery. This is the part where I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing in Clockwork Recovery so I just exited and booted into Android where I got a message saying that the update was interrupted. If I try to update again it prompts me to connect to Wi-Fi and redownload it.

So my main question is, what am I supposed to do once I'm in Clockwork Recovery? Also, slightly related question, if I update will I lose root access?

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
Hello, I found out that there is a new update for my phone. After I connected to Wi-Fi and downloaded it, starting the update made my phone restart and boot into Clockwork Recovery. This is the part where I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing in Clockwork Recovery so I just exited and booted into Android where I got a message saying that the update was interrupted. If I try to update again it prompts me to connect to Wi-Fi and redownload it.

So my main question is, what am I supposed to do once I'm in Clockwork Recovery? Also, slightly related question, if I update will I lose root access?

The only way to complete an ota update is by having stock recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
either find the stock recovery and flash it thru odin
OR
wipe everything and flash stock rom thru odin.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The only way to complete an ota update is by having stock recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium