[ROM] Google Edition 4.2.2 [Clean][Slim][280MB]

Search This thread

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
Deprecated. My 4.3 (with Mobeam support!) can be found HERE.

This ROM is more or less a debloated stock GE. No mods really. Just a clean ROM so you can add to it as you wish.

Features
  • Deodexed
  • Zip-aligned
  • Rooted
  • Auto-loki (For AT&T I337 only)
  • Removed all apps available in the Play Store except for Google Keyboard
  • Removed some Samsung bloat
  • Reboot menu
  • Play Store 4.3.11
  • Google Keyboard 1.0.1870.703320 (2013-06-21)
  • AT&T Hot Spot auto-login (For AT&T I337 only)
  • Google Wallet works out-of-the-box

Notes
  • This ROM uses a Sprint (L720) branded build.prop to make Wallet work out-of-the-box. There should be no problems with using a different branding from the phone you actually have. If you want to rebrand it to AT&T (I337) or Canadian (I337M), flash the attached build.prop but Wallet may stop working. To keep Wallet working with the AT&T or Canadian build.prop, use Nottach but some people have reported problems with Nottach.

My8DJwV.jpg

Changelog

• Rooted with SuperSU 1.60
  • Auto-loki (AT&T I337 only)
  • Updated to Play Store 4.3.11
  • Added reboot menu
  • Added AT&T Hot Spot auto-log-in (AT&T i337 only)

2013-07-27
  • Removed root. Flash Chainfire SuperSU to root. I removed root because Chainfire regularly updates SuperSU so you're better off getting the latest than waiting for me to update the ROM every time.

2013-07-19

2013-07-13
  • Rebased with shipped Google Edition
  • Deodexed
  • Fenny's NFC fix
  • Sprint build.prop to make Wallet work out-of-the-box. Attached flashable AT&T build.prop for those who want it.

2013-07-10
  • Made it more like ASOP by removing some TW-specific files
  • Zip-aligned

2013-07-08
  • Removed all apps available in the Play Store except Google Keyboard
  • Cleaned up
  • Updated to Play Store 4.1.10
  • Updated to Google Keyboard 1.0.1870.703320 (2013-06-21)
  • ausdim kernel V4
  • Rooted (su only. Install your own superuser app.)

Mods

Recommended Apps

Download

Attachments

• ge4.2.2-build.prop-i337.zip
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,260
  • ge4.2.2-build.prop-i337m.zip
    170.5 KB · Views: 223
  • ge4.2.2-build.prop-l720.zip
    170.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
FYI, as far as I can tell everything works including Google Wallet (with Xposed) and ES File Explorer's root explorer.

borillako

Apr 21, 2012
Orlando
It says temporarily unavailable...really want to try it! just 297mb, it gives me the shivers just to see how clean it is!! Will wait for a fix on the link

j.v.fouts

Oct 26, 2010
two questions here, can we get some of the stock apps (ie the calendar basically is all i want) and will they work on this rom?

j.v.fouts

Oct 26, 2010
No worries I can down load one off play store like Jorge.

And its because I like full month views

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
I'm trying to remove more TW-specific files. Let me know if anybody encounters any problems.

datrumole

Mar 11, 2011
so i guess the problem with this ROM is simply there are no problems...seriously though this thing is awesome, cool beans...sucks people will have to dig to find a solid experience. loved being able to build it into what i wanted, rather than stripping one down

EDIT: noticing mediocre wifi performance, but i think this is universal on the GE roms? anyone else

Last edited:

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
so i guess the problem with this ROM is simply there are no problems...seriously though this thing is awesome, cool beans...sucks people will have to dig to find a solid experience. loved being able to build it into what i wanted, rather than stripping one down

EDIT: noticing mediocre wifi performance, but i think this is universal on the GE roms? anyone else

I'm using the same kernel and modules as the other GE ROMs so wifi experience should be the same.

FYI, I am intentionally not updating this ROM with the newest Ausdim kernels because the point is to offer a clean and slim ROM. Ausdim's latest updates depart from stock and add features like overclocking. You can flash his newer kernel on top of this ROM if you really want.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deprecated. My 4.3 (with Mobeam support!) can be found HERE.

This ROM is more or less a debloated stock GE. No mods really. Just a clean ROM so you can add to it as you wish.

Features
    • Deodexed
    • Zip-aligned
    • Rooted
    • Auto-loki (For AT&T I337 only)
    • Removed all apps available in the Play Store except for Google Keyboard
    • Removed some Samsung bloat
    • Reboot menu
    • Play Store 4.3.11
    • Google Keyboard 1.0.1870.703320 (2013-06-21)
    • AT&T Hot Spot auto-login (For AT&T I337 only)
    • Google Wallet works out-of-the-box

Notes
    • This ROM uses a Sprint (L720) branded build.prop to make Wallet work out-of-the-box. There should be no problems with using a different branding from the phone you actually have. If you want to rebrand it to AT&T (I337) or Canadian (I337M), flash the attached build.prop but Wallet may stop working. To keep Wallet working with the AT&T or Canadian build.prop, use Nottach but some people have reported problems with Nottach.

My8DJwV.jpg

Changelog

• Auto-loki (AT&T I337 only)
    • Added reboot menu
    • Added AT&T Hot Spot auto-log-in (AT&T i337 only)

2013-07-27
    • Removed root. Flash Chainfire SuperSU to root. I removed root because Chainfire regularly updates SuperSU so you're better off getting the latest than waiting for me to update the ROM every time.

2013-07-19

2013-07-13
    • Rebased with shipped Google Edition
    • Deodexed
    • Fenny's NFC fix
    • Sprint build.prop to make Wallet work out-of-the-box. Attached flashable AT&T build.prop for those who want it.

2013-07-10
    • Made it more like ASOP by removing some TW-specific files
    • Zip-aligned

2013-07-08
    • Removed all apps available in the Play Store except Google Keyboard
    • Cleaned up
    • Updated to Play Store 4.1.10
    • Updated to Google Keyboard 1.0.1870.703320 (2013-06-21)
    • ausdim kernel V4
    • Rooted (su only. Install your own superuser app.)

Mods

Recommended Apps

Download
    Updated. I updated this because OmniBeam doesn't work with 4.3 and I like the app enough to stay with 4.2.2.

• Added reboot menu
    • Add AT&T Hot Spot auto-log-in

I added a reboot menu even though it departs from stock because really there was no reason not to include it. It's only a few dozen lines of code and very useful.
    I added the AT&T Hot Spot auto-log-in as a user app so you can uninstall it if you want. It automatically logs you into AT&T Hot Spots like at Starbucks. It's part of AT&T i337 stock but wasn't included in GE stock.

I'm using the same kernel and modules as the other GE ROMs so wifi experience should be the same.

FYI, I am intentionally not updating this ROM with the newest Ausdim kernels because the point is to offer a clean and slim ROM. Ausdim's latest updates depart from stock and add features like overclocking. You can flash his newer kernel on top of this ROM if you really want.
    Google Wallet now works out-of-the-box.
    Deodexed now so you can flash mods like Jamison904's extended power menu.
    You are my god damn hero!!!

<3 why don't you have a donate button?