Xposed modules still running even if "inactivated" in Xposed.

Search This thread

kgyirhj

Jun 16, 2014
I have 2 modules for Xposed.
Cool Tool and XPrivacy.
I inactivated them both in Xposed program but after reboot they still run at startup and Cool Tool don't seem to be affected at all, and XPrivacy says it's inactivated in Xposed. But why are they still running? I turned them of for a reason....
I have problems to solve that need Xposed to be shut down, but how can I shut Xposed down if it does not work?
Modules should be inactive but they still run..

How can I solve this issue? Xposed and it's modules must be totally shut off, nothing of them can be running.
I cannot uninstall them, I just want them shut down temporarily until I want to start them again.

sgs5 sm-g900f

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
As far as I know, the only way to deactivate xposed is to actually uninstall it within the xposed installer. You can always reinstall it again the same way...

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: kgyirhj

Tungstwenty

Nov 1, 2011
Cool Tool and XPrivacy.
I inactivated them both in Xposed program but after reboot they still run at startup and Cool Tool don't seem to be affected at all, and XPrivacy says it's inactivated in Xposed. But why are they still running? I turned them of for a reason....
I have problems to solve that need Xposed to be shut down, but how can I shut Xposed down if it does not work?

How can I solve this issue? Xposed and it's modules must be totally shut off, nothing of them can be running.
I cannot uninstall them, I just want them shut down temporarily until I want to start them again.
You might be confusing the mods with their respective apps. An Xposed module is some extra functionality that is bundled with a regular app, and that the framework activates if it's turned on in the configuration. Even if you don't, the "rest of the app" will still be on your system, just not the module part. Many modules only consist of the Xposed stuff, while other apps may contain additional logic.
Greenify is one such example - you'll still have that app installed and running at startup even if you don't have Xposed installed at all. The 2 examples you mentioned might be the same situation, and if you're not happy with it, your only option is to uninstall them regardless of having Xposed or not.

Reactions: kgyirhj

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
Cool Tool and XPrivacy.

sgs5 sm-g900f

You might be confusing the mods with their respective apps. An Xposed module is some extra functionality that is bundled with a regular app, and that the framework activates if it's turned on in the configuration. Even if you don't, the "rest of the app" will still be on your system, just not the module part. Many modules only consist of the Xposed stuff, while other apps may contain additional logic.
Greenify is one such example - you'll still have that app installed and running at startup even if you don't have Xposed installed at all. The 2 examples you mentioned might be the same situation, and if you're not happy with it, your only option is to uninstall them regardless of having Xposed or not.

I just wanted to add that you can Deactivate them in the installed applications. That would put them to "hibernate" w/o having to uninstall them and w/o loosing their configurations. If what one wants is to stop any app (including Xposed modules) you can just try what I suggested (it only works for downloaded apps). The app will also dissapear from the Xposed module list. You can revert afterwards.

Reactions: crobjam and kgyirhj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool Tool and XPrivacy.

sgs5 sm-g900f

I just wanted to add that you can Deactivate them in the installed applications. That would put them to "hibernate" w/o having to uninstall them and w/o loosing their configurations. If what one wants is to stop any app (including Xposed modules) you can just try what I suggested (it only works for downloaded apps). The app will also dissapear from the Xposed module list. You can revert afterwards.
    As far as I know, the only way to deactivate xposed is to actually uninstall it within the xposed installer. You can always reinstall it again the same way...

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Cool Tool and XPrivacy.