VidTrim - Video editor for Android

Search This thread

neoMJ

Sep 18, 2007
vidtrim.blogspot.com
For Translation to other languages please go to:
https://crowdin.com/project/vidtrim

I have developed a simple video editor for Android called VidTrim. It's available on the Android market for free.

It has been downloaded over 10 000 times, but there are still some devices that the application does not work.

The thing is that, each Android device manufacturer uses their own encoding format. It's generally H264 but somehow it's different and the application cannot handle all of them.

I only have one Android Device, Samsung Galaxy S, and I can only test on that. So I opened this thread to ask for help from people with different devices.

If the application is not working for you, I would greatly appreciate it if you can send me a short video clip taken on your device. You can send them to vidtrim@goseet.com.

Please add your device model and Android version it uses. (If it's a custom Rom, I would appreciate if you specify that too).

If the application works for you, then there's no need to send me the clip, you can just post a message here to tell that it works on your device, like "It works on HTC Eris, Android 2.2 etc..."

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

neoMJ

Sep 18, 2007
vidtrim.blogspot.com
Supported devices list:

- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Captivate (Assonance 5.0 with JK4 and xcal's 2.2)
- HTC Aria (CM6_6.1.1 ROM)
- HTC Desire (LeeDroid 2.2f ROM)
- HTC Desire (Stock ROM)
- HTC Desire (Oxygen RC4 ROM)
- HTC MyTouch 4G
- Motorola Milestone
- HTC Evo 4G (FC at first, but works fine later. Can somebody check with logcat and send it??)
- HTC Evo 4G (Myns RLS 4 Rom, Ziggy beta CFS 12/19 kernel)
- HTC Evo 4G (Latest MIUI ROM)
- Nexus One
- Xperia X10
- Xperia X8
- HTC HD2 (CM6.1.1 HD2ONE ROM, works but there are problems with thumbnails in Video Browser. Seems like a problem of the ROM)
- HTC HD2 (MDJ's Gingerbread ROM (v.1.0 RC5), no problems with thumbnails)
- HTC G2 (CM 6.1.1 ROM)
- HTC Droid Eris (KaosFroyo v39 ROM)
- Motorola Droid 1 (CM 6.2.0 RC0 ROM)
- Motorola Droid 1 (Bugless Beast ROM)
- Motorola Droid 2
- Nook Color (Rooted with auto-nooter)
- HTC Desire HD (Build 1.72.405.3)
- HTC Desire HD (Stock 2.2.1 ROM, blue lines over the video in 3gp HD videos recorded on device, but works for lower resolution files.)
- Motorola Droid X (Rubix Focused 1.9.5 ROM)
- LG Optimus S (Stock ROM, rooted)
- Nexus S
- Dell Streak (DJ Steve 1.5.1 Froyo ROM)

Devices-ROM pairs with known problems:
(These problems are mostly identified to be orientation/layout problems. Users report that landscape mode works, but in portrait mode the video playback is corrupted)

- Droid X (Stock ROM, Works in landscape mode, portrait mode has video playback problem)
- HTC Desire Z (Works in landscape mode, portrait mode has video playback problem)
- HTC G2 (Virtuous v0.8.1 Sense ROM, strange problem with blue lines on video. Should work in landscape mode)

Video formats that are tested (Thanks to Icebluemale30 for detailed tests):
(WARNING: These are supported only if your phone supports playing them at the first place!):

- AVI= little time delay (could be my video)
- MPEG-4= Great
- FLV= Great
- MKV= Great
- MP4= Great
- WMV= Great
- 3Gp= Great

Last edited:
Reactions: sapiora

Surfy89

Nov 3, 2010
Can you post a direct link to the *.apk, as I don't have internet connection on my mobile at the moment?

I'll give it a try and post the results after.

neoMJ

Sep 18, 2007
vidtrim.blogspot.com
Thank you guys. That's helpful indeed.

Some users report that on Droid X they experience some problems.

Can somebody help me fix this? They say that the video does not show, only the audio plays.

A screenshot and logcat may be helpful on Droid X.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

xfox

Nov 1, 2005
just installed on Galaxy S
works great
can you add more features please?
keep up the good work

neoMJ

Sep 18, 2007
vidtrim.blogspot.com
Thanks for everybody who contributed so far.

The list of working devices currently are:

- Samsung Galaxy S
- HTC Desire
- HTC MyTouch 4G
- Motorola Milestone
- HTC Evo 4G (FC at first, but works fine later. Can somebody check with logcat and send it??)

Devices with known problems:
- Droid X (Trimming works. But video does not show, only sound plays. Can somebody send a screenshot and logcat messages?)

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Tried on my nexus one. Trimming a 3 sec clip from a 9 sec video took over 10 mins at 100% cpu and never completed. Process was stuck and wouldn't die even after the activity was killed with advanced task killer. :(
Had to reboot.

neoMJ

Sep 18, 2007
vidtrim.blogspot.com
Tried on my nexus one. Trimming a 3 sec clip from a 9 sec video took over 10 mins at 100% cpu and never completed. Process was stuck and wouldn't die even after the activity was killed with advanced task killer. :(
Had to reboot.

Thats what I was looking for.

Can you send the problematic video to vidtrim@goseet.com?

I will try to fix the app.

Any other reports?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Last edited:

kylec

Aug 5, 2010
Brisbane
Works flawlessly on the x10. Very fast and easy to use. Good work mate :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

PENKO956

Apr 13, 2010
Great app!
worked on my hd2 running CM6.1.1 HD2ONE
I can edit and save and file plays fine.

Only issue is the thumbnails at main menu are not correct.
all thumbnails play different videos. title and text is ok. the video thumbnail seems to be moved by 4. I have about 80videos(short clips from cam). Is this a know issue?

request: if it can have the option to save all edited videos in one single folder defined by user. thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For Translation to other languages please go to:
    https://crowdin.com/project/vidtrim

I have developed a simple video editor for Android called VidTrim. It's available on the Android market for free.

It has been downloaded over 10 000 times, but there are still some devices that the application does not work.

The thing is that, each Android device manufacturer uses their own encoding format. It's generally H264 but somehow it's different and the application cannot handle all of them.

I only have one Android Device, Samsung Galaxy S, and I can only test on that. So I opened this thread to ask for help from people with different devices.

If the application is not working for you, I would greatly appreciate it if you can send me a short video clip taken on your device. You can send them to vidtrim@goseet.com.

Please add your device model and Android version it uses. (If it's a custom Rom, I would appreciate if you specify that too).

If the application works for you, then there's no need to send me the clip, you can just post a message here to tell that it works on your device, like "It works on HTC Eris, Android 2.2 etc..."

Thanks for your help.
    Supported devices list:

- Samsung Galaxy S
    - Samsung Captivate (Assonance 5.0 with JK4 and xcal's 2.2)
    - HTC Desire (Stock ROM)
    - HTC Desire (Oxygen RC4 ROM)
    - HTC MyTouch 4G
    - Motorola Milestone
    - HTC Evo 4G (Latest MIUI ROM)
    - Nexus One
    - Xperia X10
    - Xperia X8
    - HTC HD2 (CM6.1.1 HD2ONE ROM, works but there are problems with thumbnails in Video Browser. Seems like a problem of the ROM)
    - HTC HD2 (MDJ's Gingerbread ROM (v.1.0 RC5), no problems with thumbnails)
    - HTC G2 (CM 6.1.1 ROM)
    - HTC Droid Eris (KaosFroyo v39 ROM)
    - Motorola Droid 1 (CM 6.2.0 RC0 ROM)
    - Motorola Droid 1 (Bugless Beast ROM)
    - Motorola Droid 2
    - Nook Color (Rooted with auto-nooter)
    - HTC Desire HD (Build 1.72.405.3)
    - HTC Desire HD (Stock 2.2.1 ROM, blue lines over the video in 3gp HD videos recorded on device, but works for lower resolution files.)
    - Motorola Droid X (Rubix Focused 1.9.5 ROM)
    - LG Optimus S (Stock ROM, rooted)
    - Nexus S
    - Dell Streak (DJ Steve 1.5.1 Froyo ROM)

Devices-ROM pairs with known problems:
    (These problems are mostly identified to be orientation/layout problems. Users report that landscape mode works, but in portrait mode the video playback is corrupted)

- Droid X (Stock ROM, Works in landscape mode, portrait mode has video playback problem)
    - HTC Desire Z (Works in landscape mode, portrait mode has video playback problem)
    - HTC G2 (Virtuous v0.8.1 Sense ROM, strange problem with blue lines on video. Should work in landscape mode)

Video formats that are tested (Thanks to Icebluemale30 for detailed tests):
    (WARNING: These are supported only if your phone supports playing them at the first place!):

- AVI= little time delay (could be my video)
    - MPEG-4= Great
    - FLV= Great
    - MKV= Great
    - MP4= Great
    - WMV= Great
    - 3Gp= Great
    it works on my htc aria running froyo cm6_6.1.1 rom from attn1

Thanks...

Surfy89 said:
    Can you post a direct link to the *.apk, as I don't have internet connection on my mobile at the moment?

The APK:
    http://www.goseet.com/vidtrim/VidTrim-1.0.2.apk
    lg optimus s, stock rom, rooted.

downloaded free version from market and seems to be working just fine. looking forward to updates!! thanks!
    Work fine in Xperia X8