[Q] How to boot PhoneROM on Boot manager?

Search This thread

luis4ever

Apr 16, 2009
Salamanca
As title says i want to know how to boot my Main ROM, i installed Boot manager and on one slot i installed MIUI, after that i tried to go to my main rom with no success, its still on MIUI, Boot manager is not working properly, when i select boot phone rom nothing happens. Idk how to go back now. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reactions: Subzero20

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Try two things.

1. Try to reinstall boot manager in miui rom and then try to boot to phone rom.

2. You can flash the update.zip file in the phone rom folder on recovery. Then reboot those should boot you into the phone rom.

Reactions: Subzero20

wloftus

Nov 26, 2011
St Louis,mo
As title says i want to know how to boot my Main ROM, i installed Boot manager and on one slot i installed MIUI, after that i tried to go to my main rom with no success, its still on MIUI, Boot manager is not working properly, when i select boot phone rom nothing happens. Idk how to go back now. Any suggestions are appreciated.

ok first even boot manager tells you that you should have s-off for this to work properly.... and it would work you will just have to manually flash the boot.img's to the rom you want to load

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
bc its having as issue flashing the boot partition....i use to run it with s-on ,,,i know you can load that rom all day long and until the boot.img file thats for that rom is flashed to it...it wont run

@luis4ever

This is correct, you need to fastboot to recovery then flash the phone Rom update.zip. that's the only way for s-on'ers to flash to boot from recovery.

Reactions: luis4ever

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
I use 4ext with smartflash for S-ON, how do i do that? fastboot boot recovery.img?

Also i need to say there is not a boot.img file in update.zip

I have been s-off since the downgrade was discovered so I don't know about smartflash but I do use 4ext. And I feel like I'm intruding on wloftus because he has you dilemma figured out, but here's what I'd do. Sorry wloftus.

Fastboot boot "anyrecovery.img" and flash the phone Rom update. You can flash 4ext, cwm or twrp. It doesn't matter that 4ext is installed on the phone, it won't hurt if you boot a different recovery from fastboot. 4ext will still be there when you regular boot to recovery. I've done this many times with twrp installed and fastbooted to cwm.

Edit... You said you reinstalled meanrom, if you had a custom kernel installed to it when u set up phone Rom then the update.zip might not get you back to meanrom. If you had the stock kernel for meanrom then the update should work.

Last edited:

luis4ever

Apr 16, 2009
Salamanca
I have been s-off since the downgrade was discovered so I don't know about smartflash but I do use 4ext. And I feel like I'm intruding on wloftus because he has you dilemma figured out, but here's what I'd do. Sorry wloftus.

Fastboot boot "anyrecovery.img" and flash the phone Rom update. You can flash 4ext, cwm or twrp. It doesn't matter that 4ext is installed on the phone, it won't hurt if you boot a different recovery from fastboot. 4ext will still be there when you regular boot to recovery. I've done this many times with twrp installed and fastbooted to cwm.

Edit... You said you reinstalled meanrom, if you had a custom kernel installed to it when u set up phone Rom then the update.zip might not get you back to meanrom. If you had the stock kernel for meanrom then the update should work.

This is what i did:

1. adb reboot bootloader.
2. fastboot boot recovery.img(TWRP 1.1)
3. Install ZIP(MeanROM 3.92 with ziggy)

Should it work? It is installing the ZIP right now

EDIT: It is working. At least i have now the boot animation from MeanROM. It is booting. I promise i wont use Boot Manager again.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeBlack

wloftus

Nov 26, 2011
St Louis,mo

no qulams my friend...sometimes people just dont understad and need it reworded..

Reactions: Will32

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
This is what i did:

1. adb reboot bootloader.
2. fastboot boot recovery.img(TWRP 1.1)
3. Install ZIP(MeanROM 3.92 with ziggy)

Should it work? It is installing the ZIP right now

EDIT: It is working. At least i have now the boot animation from MeanROM. It is booting. I promise i wont use Boot Manager again.

Yeah, that should overwrite the boot image that's taking you to miui and get you back to your phone Rom.
For future reference you shouldn't ever have to reflash a whole Rom just to get back to the phone Rom. As wloftus said earlier, the phonerom update just wasnt sticking because you are s-on. I'm sure this can be done with smart flash but I don't know how. Next time just fastboot to recovery and flash the update.

Edit... Dude, boot manager is da bomb. I used it for 6 months with s-on and never had this issue. Just a lil hiccup for you, now you know how to fix it.

luis4ever

Apr 16, 2009
Salamanca
Yeah, that should overwrite the boot image that's taking you to miui and get you back to your phone Rom.
For future reference you shouldn't ever have to reflash a whole Rom just to get back to the phone Rom. As wloftus said earlier, the phonerom update just wasnt sticking because you are s-on. I'm sure this can be done with smart flash but I don't know how. Next time just fastboot to recovery and flash the update.

Edit... Dude, boot manager is da bomb. I used it for 6 months with s-on and never had this issue. Just a lil hiccup for you, now you know how to fix it.

Thank you both. Maybe it is time to downgrade hboot to avoid future problems like this.

Reactions: BeBlack

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, what do i need to do if i want to go back to MeanROM?
    get the boot image from update.zip in the phone rom slot its saved to on your sd card and flash that boot.img to the boot partition

ok first even boot manager tells you that you should have s-off for this to work properly.... and it would work you will just have to manually flash the boot.img's to the rom you want to load
    Thanks for your reply. I tried both things without luck. Im still on MIUI.

Did you set up your phone Rom?

Thank you both. Maybe it is time to downgrade hboot to avoid future problems like this.
    Try two things.

1. Try to reinstall boot manager in miui rom and then try to boot to phone rom.

2. You can flash the update.zip file in the phone rom folder on recovery. Then reboot those should boot you into the phone rom.