Firefox OS for Galaxy s Advance

Search This thread

AltamashAN

Jul 25, 2012
I want to borrow your thread @papi54 .

I want to make a request for making ROMs.

Yeah, there are many ROMs now available for our lovely device . But as we know these ROMs are just derivatives of cm and aosp with some features added( except miui having whole new concept) .

So I would love to have/ make a request to any developer if he want to do it rather than these Derived Roms and make another ROMs ( with whole different concept) like firefox OS , Ubuntu touch , Jolla sailfish OS etc.

Thanx in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alanloax

Mar 13, 2012
port roms

It's true!
were carrying would be very good or better jolla os firefox I love you!
roms that are carrying and building are very good but as you say all would AOSP or cm with added
I wish I could have jolla

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Just look at "not working" part...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2372850

NOT working:

- GPS
- WiFI
- Camera
- Back and Menu Buttons (and probably will be never works, in Firefox OS is just Home Button)
- FM Radio
- System Updates

I am sure that porting of those is not easy at all... Those new ROMs based on KITKAT CM are relatively easy to do, using our CM source + using sources of that ROM and compiling. I am not saying it is easy, but porting some other OS is hard. First look at other phones threads about them. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: papi54 and dagger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just look at "not working" part...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2372850

NOT working:

- GPS
    - WiFI
    - Camera
    - Back and Menu Buttons (and probably will be never works, in Firefox OS is just Home Button)
    - FM Radio
    - System Updates

I am sure that porting of those is not easy at all... Those new ROMs based on KITKAT CM are relatively easy to do, using our CM source + using sources of that ROM and compiling. I am not saying it is easy, but porting some other OS is hard. First look at other phones threads about them. :fingers-crossed: