No binary

Search This thread

joelstickler

Oct 25, 2010
So here is my situation.
I have the s4 with Verizon add my carrier. While it was still running 4.3 i rooted it. Then I obtained the pro version of supersu which comes with a root saver option which I took advantage of. I then updated to 4.4.2 and these are my results.
When opening supersu I get a message saying that they is no binary and when using root checker it says it is not properly rooted.
However there was a new program included with the ota update (lsis mobile wallet) that when opened says "this program does not work with rooted phones". Another odd thing is that I use tasker and one of the features that you are supposedly not able to use without root is turning on GPS. However before I updated I set up a profile that opened up GPS any time I turned on a program that required it. Now after the ota update it is still working.
Any suggestions as to how I can repair my root accesses?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
So here is my situation.
I have the s4 with Verizon add my carrier. While it was still running 4.3 i rooted it. Then I obtained the pro version of supersu which comes with a root saver option which I took advantage of. I then updated to 4.4.2 and these are my results.
When opening supersu I get a message saying that they is no binary and when using root checker it says it is not properly rooted.
However there was a new program included with the ota update (lsis mobile wallet) that when opened says "this program does not work with rooted phones". Another odd thing is that I use tasker and one of the features that you are supposedly not able to use without root is turning on GPS. However before I updated I set up a profile that opened up GPS any time I turned on a program that required it. Now after the ota update it is still working.
Any suggestions as to how I can repair my root accesses?

OTA + root = :( (The survival feature is NOT guaranteed to work especially on stock roms)

I suppose you have no working custom recovery installed?

joelstickler

Oct 25, 2010
The thing I don't understand is why I still have root abilities and why the one program is saying it won't work because of root on the phone

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
The thing I don't understand is why I still have root abilities and why the one program is saying it won't work because of root on the phone

You still have root access? Then just re-root using SuperSU...

As you're rooted you can install xposed frame work + the module "root cloak" to hide your root status and run apps blocked by root ;)