[Q] Note 3 AT&T KitKat update Fail

Search This thread

marcomir

Jun 26, 2012
Hi there!

i just recieved the note 3 (AT&T) kitkat update, the problem is that i tried to install it and im rooted. The phone restarted at 27% of update and said "Update failed". Somehow i wasnt rooted anymore. i tried to root again using Kingo and failed and i dont know what to do. I cant root and cant install the update, it keep showing up.

P.S: im status 0x0 and do have the "Custom" lock thingy at the start

Plz Help

JAMedlock83

Jan 20, 2014
Mulberry, Arkansas
Hi there!

i just recieved the note 3 (AT&T) kitkat update, the problem is that i tried to install it and im rooted. The phone restarted at 27% of update and said "Update failed". Somehow i wasnt rooted anymore. i tried to root again using Kingo and failed and i dont know what to do. I cant root and cant install the update, it keep showing up.

Plz Help

Don't worry, you ain't the only one having this problem. I'm NOT rooted, never have been rooted, and yet i have the same failed update problem too. Nobody seems to know what to do. All the methods I have tried have not worked.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
There are multiple posts in the general section.

Has anyone searched at all?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cubanazo

Mar 31, 2014

Hello guys,

I was having the same issue with the installation aborting at 27%. Below is everything I tried:

1- Phone was rooted with Kingo. Performed an un-root and tried again but still failed.
2- Restored the phone using the internal reset with the same results.
3- Restored the phone to factory settings using Kies did not work either....so.......

This morning I went to the AT&T store and as usual they were clueless as what to do. Some of them didn't even knew about the update so I ended up going to the Samsung Booth inside a Best Buy Store.
The girl looked and showed me that their system still doesn't show the AT&T kitkat update for the Note 3. Then she offered to perform a factory reset using their system.....after a few minutes I went home with the phone and downloaded and installed the update without a hitch.....go figure.
Everything is working fine and all my data is still there.:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: frankie1220

mazdamiata210

Apr 8, 2012
Brooklyn, N.Y.
For anyone having problems check out my fix

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701062

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Hi there!

Plz Help

Don't worry, you ain't the only one having this problem. I'm NOT rooted, never have been rooted, and yet i have the same failed update problem too. Nobody seems to know what to do. All the methods I have tried have not worked.

add my name to the list of failed updates...anyone fine a workaround yet?

I can use some help too. Mine is just "checking for update was interrupted" and happened for the last 3 times I checked. Never root the phone.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701062

marcomir

Jun 26, 2012
Guys! Did this process and everything works like a charm! :) it is safe and noob-proof, follow this guys tutorial and everything is going to work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello guys,

I was having the same issue with the installation aborting at 27%. Below is everything I tried:

1- Phone was rooted with Kingo. Performed an un-root and tried again but still failed.
    2- Restored the phone using the internal reset with the same results.
    3- Restored the phone to factory settings using Kies did not work either....so.......

This morning I went to the AT&T store and as usual they were clueless as what to do. Some of them didn't even knew about the update so I ended up going to the Samsung Booth inside a Best Buy Store.
    The girl looked and showed me that their system still doesn't show the AT&T kitkat update for the Note 3. Then she offered to perform a factory reset using their system.....after a few minutes I went home with the phone and downloaded and installed the update without a hitch.....go figure.
    Everything is working fine and all my data is still there.:good:
    Been reading it and will start from step 4 since I am on NB4?

No you have to start from step 1 unless you've already used the guide to restore MJ5 previously.