[Q] How to show full notification text

Search This thread

paranoid2007

Mar 15, 2007
I'm having problems with Whatsapp and Facebook notifications. Wear seems to cut the text so I can't read the full message body. Any fix for this?

spiderflash

Jun 19, 2014
Munich
I'm having problems with Whatsapp and Facebook notifications. Wear seems to cut the text so I can't read the full message body. Any fix for this?

Nope. Because they don't natively support android wear, the watch just takes the text from the notification. And as you can see on your phone the text is also cut off. Your watch doesn't do anything else than display the text in the notification and not the full message. That only works with supported apps like gmail, hangouts, etc..

Reactions: paranoid2007

paranoid2007

Mar 15, 2007
Nope. Because they don't natively support android wear, the watch just takes the text from the notification. And as you can see on your phone the text is also cut off. Your watch doesn't do anything else than display the text in the notification and not the full message. That only works with supported apps like gmail, hangouts, etc..

Okay, I see. I'm a bit spoiled by my Pebble cause it can show the full text with a 3rd party notification app.

EDIT: Just checked again. When I have two Whatsapp-Messages, the watch shows the first three words of each. The expanded notification on the phone shows the full text. I think, Google needs to fix this.

Last edited:

spiderflash

Jun 19, 2014
Munich
Okay, I see. I'm a bit spoiled by my Pebble cause it can show the full text with a 3rd party notification app.

EDIT: Just checked again. When I have two Whatsapp-Messages, the watch shows the first three words of each. The expanded notification on the phone shows the full text. I think, Google needs to fix this.

Exactly, only the expanded one does. That's the problem.

paranoid2007

Mar 15, 2007
Go troll WhatsApp and Facebook and tell them to add Android Wear support.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You are absolutely right. And knowing both ... how long do you think, this will take? I hope that some capable developer comes up with an idea to show every notification with full text. The Pebble can do it via a 3rd party notification app, so I think it should be possible for Android Wear too.

You are absolutely right. And knowing both ... how long do you think, this will take? I hope that some capable developer comes up with an idea to show every notification with full text. The Pebble can do it via a 3rd party notification app, so I think it should be possible for Android Wear too.

Facebook as a Beta channel for Android. They're pretty responsive to suggestions.
Whenever they release a new Beta, they post it on the Facebook Beta for Android Page also, so the more they see people say "Add Android Wear Support" the better chance it'll be added.

paranoid2007

Mar 15, 2007
Facebook as a Beta channel for Android. They're pretty responsive to suggestions.
Whenever they release a new Beta, they post it on the Facebook Beta for Android Page also, so the more they see people say "Add Android Wear Support" the better chance it'll be added.

Okay, this sounds reasonable. I didn't know, they had a beta group. Their app seems to be pushed a bit lately.

jacquestati

Sep 2, 2014
Whenever a Facebook Messenger (beta or not) version will finally allow to read full text notifications, bring us up to date. Cause it’s very annoying to read just three lines. :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts