[MOD] Fix Bug Sync Bookmarks + Browser 3.2.2 ◄► HC 3.2.x ◄► i957/P7300/P7310/P7320

Search This thread

Ikaro

Mar 29, 2008
Cagliari
[MOD] Fix Bug Sync Bookmarks + Browser 3.2.2 ◄► HC 3.2.x ◄► i957/P7300/P7310/P7320

ATTENTION: who intends to make these changes must have sufficient knowledge of the Android system also needs to know that these changes involve the loss of data such as "history", "favorite", cache navigation and browser configuration. Use of this guide is at the risk of those who apply, I will not be liable for damage or loss of more data on any device.

With this guide, we can resolve the problem of synchronization of stock browser bookmarks with Android Honeycomb (only for version 3.2.x no ICS 4.0.x) and replace the stock browser with version 3.2.2 much better. Of course you can replace only the browser, or only the files to fix the bug of synchronization without changing your browser.
We use a SGH-i957 with CWM, a file manager that allows you to manage files in the root of the tablet (superuser permission) and the two following files (pass:ikaro):

http://www.2shared.com/file/bpu-TkhR/Browser.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/U025RLLA/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.html

These two files are taken from a MOD ROM for SGT P7500 and only work on Honeycomb 3.2.x (HC 3.2 or higher, no ICS). I tried both of which SGT P7500 SGH-i957 but I'm pretty sure it also works with P7300/P7310/P7320 (which I have not personally tested).

INSTRUCTIONS

• We start by “force stop” the stock browser and “clear data”:

• We open the file editor, go to the dir "/system/app" and rename the files (so they can be reused if we want to restore the initial conditions):

Browser.apk ► Browser.apk.old
    Browser.odex ► Browser.odex.old
    ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk ► ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk.old
    ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.odex ► ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.odex.old

• Now copy the files you have downloaded “Browser.apk” and “ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk” in to root dir "/system/app" (note that these will have the same names of the files we want to replace):

• We check that the "permissions" of the two copied files are just like in the picture:

• Just restart your tablet in "recovery mode" select "advanced" then "wipe dalvik cache" and "yes":

• We exit the "recovery mode" then restarting the tablet (note that the first reboot of the tablet takes longer than normal). We find the browser icon (new) in the applications:

• We configure your browser to the google account to activate the synchronization of bookmarks (if you want you can also easily configure the "user agent" on the desktop):

Done! :)

IMPORTANT: check that in your browser Chrome "synchronized data" ARE NOT ENCRYPTED!!!

This guide is my small contribution to the community that uses the SGH-i957 but it can also be applied to European models SGT P7500/P7510 (tested personally) and SGT P7300/P7310/P7320 (not tested personally).

Max

Last edited:

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
I have the american model of the P7310 with the firmware available on this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1482996

This trick doesn't work for me, it does however change the graphics of the browser and adds the UA String selector in the settings.

MY bookmarks keep pretending they are syncing indefinitely like they did before.

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
Nice job on this. How would this change with a deodexed rom though?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Ikaro

Mar 29, 2008
Cagliari
ok DBBGBA

• check that you have successfully replaced the file "ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk"
  • restart your tablet in "recovery mode" select "advanced" then "wipe dalvik cache"
  • Go to "settings> applications> manage applications" search "google sync bookmarks" and select "Force Stop" and "clear date". Restart the tablet.
  • Check that your bookmarks are present in your "dashboard" in "synchronization chrome".
  • In your browser chrome checks that the "synchronized data" are NOT encrypted

Let me know if you solve :)

Max

Reactions: zmagas1

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
Solved. I had to disconnect my google account from chrome, delete the chrome syncronization from my dashboard and re-activate the sync on chrome.

Grazie!

ok DBBGBA

Max

I think this is the problem. On my chrome when I go to: Preferences > Personal Stuff > Sign In > Advanced... > Encrypted Data Types
I can't make a choice. Encrypt all synced data is selected and both options are greyed out.

Do you have any idea how to select "Encrypt passwords" instead?

Last edited:

reapur

Jun 15, 2010
hey guys,
are the passwords supposed to sync on android?
Chrome across desktop platforms is sync'ing bookmarks and passwords but on mobile it's not doing the passwords.

reapur

Jun 15, 2010
Weird, all of a sudden, all bookmarks are gone and it won't sync again.
I'll redo the process.

gersto

May 19, 2010
Albuquerque
Does anyone have these files, or know which ROM these came from? Wondering if this might work on my flyer.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ATTENTION: who intends to make these changes must have sufficient knowledge of the Android system also needs to know that these changes involve the loss of data such as "history", "favorite", cache navigation and browser configuration. Use of this guide is at the risk of those who apply, I will not be liable for damage or loss of more data on any device.

With this guide, we can resolve the problem of synchronization of stock browser bookmarks with Android Honeycomb (only for version 3.2.x no ICS 4.0.x) and replace the stock browser with version 3.2.2 much better. Of course you can replace only the browser, or only the files to fix the bug of synchronization without changing your browser.
    We use a SGH-i957 with CWM, a file manager that allows you to manage files in the root of the tablet (superuser permission) and the two following files (pass:ikaro):

http://www.2shared.com/file/bpu-TkhR/Browser.html
    http://www.2shared.com/file/U025RLLA/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.html

These two files are taken from a MOD ROM for SGT P7500 and only work on Honeycomb 3.2.x (HC 3.2 or higher, no ICS). I tried both of which SGT P7500 SGH-i957 but I'm pretty sure it also works with P7300/P7310/P7320 (which I have not personally tested).

INSTRUCTIONS

• We start by “force stop” the stock browser and “clear data”:

• We open the file editor, go to the dir "/system/app" and rename the files (so they can be reused if we want to restore the initial conditions):

Browser.apk ► Browser.apk.old
      Browser.odex ► Browser.odex.old
      ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk ► ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk.old
      ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.odex ► ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.odex.old

• Now copy the files you have downloaded “Browser.apk” and “ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk” in to root dir "/system/app" (note that these will have the same names of the files we want to replace):

• We check that the "permissions" of the two copied files are just like in the picture:

• Just restart your tablet in "recovery mode" select "advanced" then "wipe dalvik cache" and "yes":

• We exit the "recovery mode" then restarting the tablet (note that the first reboot of the tablet takes longer than normal). We find the browser icon (new) in the applications:

• We configure your browser to the google account to activate the synchronization of bookmarks (if you want you can also easily configure the "user agent" on the desktop):

Done! :)

IMPORTANT: check that in your browser Chrome "synchronized data" ARE NOT ENCRYPTED!!!

This guide is my small contribution to the community that uses the SGH-i957 but it can also be applied to European models SGT P7500/P7510 (tested personally) and SGT P7300/P7310/P7320 (not tested personally).

Max
    ok DBBGBA

• check that you have successfully replaced the file "ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk"
    • restart your tablet in "recovery mode" select "advanced" then "wipe dalvik cache"
    • Go to "settings> applications> manage applications" search "google sync bookmarks" and select "Force Stop" and "clear date". Restart the tablet.
    • Check that your bookmarks are present in your "dashboard" in "synchronization chrome".

Let me know if you solve :)

Max