Trade Advice

Search This thread

tooter1

Oct 10, 2010
TN
I haven't put my Note for sale on swappa but, I did list it for sale or trade locally and was offered a very good condition 16gb iPhone 4s + $300 for my Note.

I know I should be able to get $600 for the Note but, I think the 4s is only worth about $200.

Would you all make the trade?

Last edited:

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I wouldn't just because I couldn't do the tiny iPhone screen. However if you're okay with it then that's actually a good deal.the iPhone runs 300 still. I would try for 350 though to make it a great deal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

got556

Sep 6, 2011
Chicago
Bad trade. At least get the 5 and not the 4s. W/ that said, going back and forth to the 5 from the N2 it's retarded tiny screen really bugs me lol.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
Wow, I couldn't see going to a 3.5 screen. Last time I had a screen that small was the touch pro 2...

tooter1

Oct 10, 2010
TN
I guess they didn't want it that bad, they wouldn't do the $350 + 4s.

Why do folks think their iPhones are gold?

The biggest phone I've ever had!

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver
I guess if you really need to have an iPhone for work or something consider it but I have both my Galaxy Note 2 Titanium and my 64GB iPhone 5 in black sitting on the desk in front of me and I would never EVER consider trading my Note for an iPhone. The Note blows the iPhone away in every aspect except market content.

No contest. :p

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt
I know right, I used my sisters iphone and felt like I needed a magnifying glass. Way too small.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

+1 did the same the other day idk how people go thru the day with those tiny screens. I picked up my gnex yesterday though and typed on it and had a hard time and i had that for over a year and made it fine so i guess it all prefrence. But an iphone is much different then a gnex.....bottom line wouldnt consider trading my note for an iphone 5 straight up. NEVER!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
Its all perception. You would cringe at first, but a few weeks with an iPhone and you would get used to the screen size. Back before Android phones got giant (Think around the Droid Incredible/Droid X days) the phones like the Incredible (3.7in) felt normal and the phones like the droid X (4.3in) seemed gigantic. Now that you are used to the Note 2 it may be hard to go back to 4in but when you had a 4in phone I don't think you always cringed while looking at it.

hypersonicx

Apr 11, 2007
Nashville
Honestly, if I was to trade phones "AT THE MOMENT" the only phone I see worth of trade is the iPhone 5. Anything else would need cash on top. The iPhone has a better build of materials. And to be completely honest the software "Apps" on iOS is still dominating Android. Especially in the game department...

Any other phone trade would need cash on top.

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt
Its all perception. You would cringe at first, but a few weeks with an iPhone and you would get used to the screen size. Back before Android phones got giant (Think around the Droid Incredible/Droid X days) the phones like the Incredible (3.7in) felt normal and the phones like the droid X (4.3in) seemed gigantic. Now that you are used to the Note 2 it may be hard to go back to 4in but when you had a 4in phone I don't think you always cringed while looking at it.

Very true

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

bwhite757

Dec 20, 2009

I completely disagree with this. Although I agree that when the first 4.3" screens were coming out I thought they were huge, I feel that you can get used to the bigger screen, but it doesn't work going back the other way. I went back to my Droid 2 after my GNex's touch screen stopped working and tried to live with that tiny screen for 2 months before the GS3 came out and I bought that. OMG I was so happy to get a decent sized screen back again. I feel I could confidently go back to a 4.7" device without much fuss, mainly because I miss being able to completely one hand a device, but anything smaller nowadays and you're just missing out.

cybrwulf

Jul 5, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
My 2 cents... Who cares. Let them get whatever they want. It gets old arguing about what phone is better than the other, and whatnot. The only thing I dont understand is why people need to validate by posting that either a phone sucks and they are getting rid of it, or the fact they need to be talked into moving to something else.

Trade them even up for an iPhone 5 and be done with it.

Reactions: hopesrequiem

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver
My 2 cents... Who cares. Let them get whatever they want. It gets old arguing about what phone is better than the other, and whatnot. The only thing I dont understand is why people need to validate by posting that either a phone sucks and they are getting rid of it, or the fact they need to be talked into moving to something else.

"Who cares. Let them get whatever they want."??? The OP cares obviously and is asking for trade advice and we are all contributing because we care. I don't see anybody arguing, in fact I found the conversation quite pleasant. :p

Reactions: hopesrequiem

DroidBabe

Mar 1, 2011
I'm also wondering if I should go back to the iPhone 5. I like the apps on iOS and are missing some that are not on android. I also found a bunch of themes that I like for the jail broken IPhone 5. I'm trying to decide but afraid that I'll regret going back to the iPhone. Keep in mind that I already have a galaxy tab 2 7.0. So I feel like I have two tablets lol

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I'm also wondering if I should go back to the iPhone 5. I like the apps on iOS and are missing some that are not on android. I also found a bunch of themes that I like for the jail broken IPhone 5. I'm trying to decide but afraid that I'll regret going back to the iPhone. Keep in mind that I already have a galaxy tab 2 7.0. So I feel like I have two tablets lol

You can't go back or you would need to change your xda name

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011

Nah, don't do it. You'll regret it. Do you really feel like playing the ol' Jailbreak vs iOS update game?

DroidBabe

Mar 1, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You people are missing the point. The OP didn't ask what he should trade for, he didn't say the note sucked and he wanted something else.
    He had a trade set up and was wondering if he was getting screwed. This is a legit question. I deal a lot on CL and my Co workers ask me all the time for advice on phone purchases. If you don't deal a lot you really don't know if it's fair or not.

On a side not I would take the iphone 5 before the Optimus. LG lose value quickly and have virtually zero dev support.

I guess if you really need to have an iPhone for work or something consider it but I have both my Galaxy Note 2 Titanium and my 64GB iPhone 5 in black sitting on the desk in front of me and I would never EVER consider trading my Note for an iPhone. The Note blows the iPhone away in every aspect except market content.

No contest. :p

You can't go back or you would need to change your xda name

So you are going to the iphone?

Oh no.....

XT926