Root de la Vega (doesnt trigger knox) possible to port N900/N9005

Search This thread

TheRecRuiT89

Feb 23, 2012
Istanbul
UPDATED POST:

Hello,

As @Dumbo53 has mentioned below posts, there is a root method by the developer @designgears and it seems that this root method does NOT trigger the knox flag.
Unfortunately, it is just for the AT&T Note 3 devices.

Maybe someone could port this root method for our international N900 and N9005 model devices?

Root de la Vega:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474422

----------------------------------------------------

Hello there,

I wanted to share something from Chainfire's Auto-Root thread.

Chainfire has mentioned:
Using this root method sets current binary and system status to custom. Additionally, it will also trigger the KNOX warranty void status.

This device store the traditional flash counter. Nor is is possible with Triangle Away to reset the current binary status. You will need to flash a stock kernel and stock recovery to reset the binary status.

The KNOX warranty status change is permanent, and a service center may deny warranty based on this flag - even if the other flags are reset correctly. The KNOX flag being tripped may also prevent certain Samsung KNOX features from working (enterprise security features).
If this is something you care about, use a root method not based on custom kernels or recoveries, like a modified system partition. These are possible, but I don't personally make them, so look around!

So my question is simple:
Is there any talented developer who can look at the system partition on the devices N900/9005 and somehow to look if he can modify it to root without triggering the knox counter. Iaw chainfire's post, it seems to be possible, but we need a talented developer to look for this :)

I would be really so happy, if it can be done this way...

Last edited:

TheRecRuiT89

Feb 23, 2012
Istanbul
No because if you do anything you alter the md5 checksum m8 and knox watch this

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

I was talking according to Chainfire, dude. He just showed us that there could "may be" a way to root without knox would recognise this.

I think may be knox watches only the bootloader and recovery situation (if it is custom or official).

Chainfire's root method includes to flash first insecure recovery and after root flashes back the official recovery. During this process knox recognise the shortly time with the insecure recovery and the counter goes to 0x1. But iaw Chainfire's post, i think if someone could root without touching the recovery or kernel, it could be possible not to trigger the knox during the root process.

Reactions: CekMTL

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
I don't think we will have a way to bypass it. I think once you get root it will still trigger it.
Funny how this is something from an Android device and not an iDevice.
Guess Samsung got tired of fixing devices after someone oc the hell out of it!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dumbo53

Nov 24, 2012
San Francisco
There already is a root method that doesn't trigger the Knox flag by designgears, but as of now only for At&t Note 3 (Root de la Vega). It however only gives root, not a custom recovery. There are already people begging him to port it to other devices and he seems to be willing to do them one by one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

TheRecRuiT89

Feb 23, 2012
Istanbul
There already is a root method that doesn't trigger the Knox flag by designgears, but as of now only for At&t Note 3 (Root de la Vega). It however only gives root, not a custom recovery. There are already people begging him to port it to other devices and he seems to be willing to do them one by one.

Thanks mate, i will also look to his thread and beg him for n900 :D

luisbeltranh

Jul 12, 2008
I don't have any information showing Knox flag in Odin mode, Exynos SM-N900. Does this mean my phone doesn't have this flag?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED POST:

Hello,

As @Dumbo53 has mentioned below posts, there is a root method by the developer @designgears and it seems that this root method does NOT trigger the knox flag.
    Unfortunately, it is just for the AT&T Note 3 devices.

Maybe someone could port this root method for our international N900 and N9005 model devices?

Root de la Vega:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474422

----------------------------------------------------

Hello there,

I wanted to share something from Chainfire's Auto-Root thread.

Chainfire has mentioned:
    Using this root method sets current binary and system status to custom. Additionally, it will also trigger the KNOX warranty void status.

This device store the traditional flash counter. Nor is is possible with Triangle Away to reset the current binary status. You will need to flash a stock kernel and stock recovery to reset the binary status.

The KNOX warranty status change is permanent, and a service center may deny warranty based on this flag - even if the other flags are reset correctly. The KNOX flag being tripped may also prevent certain Samsung KNOX features from working (enterprise security features).
    If this is something you care about, use a root method not based on custom kernels or recoveries, like a modified system partition. These are possible, but I don't personally make them, so look around!

So my question is simple:
    Is there any talented developer who can look at the system partition on the devices N900/9005 and somehow to look if he can modify it to root without triggering the knox counter. Iaw chainfire's post, it seems to be possible, but we need a talented developer to look for this :)

I would be really so happy, if it can be done this way...

No because if you do anything you alter the md5 checksum m8 and knox watch this

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

I was talking according to Chainfire, dude. He just showed us that there could "may be" a way to root without knox would recognise this.

I think may be knox watches only the bootloader and recovery situation (if it is custom or official).

Chainfire's root method includes to flash first insecure recovery and after root flashes back the official recovery. During this process knox recognise the shortly time with the insecure recovery and the counter goes to 0x1. But iaw Chainfire's post, i think if someone could root without touching the recovery or kernel, it could be possible not to trigger the knox during the root process.

Yeah I can add N9005 also as request on this topic.
    Changing the subject of this thread just a sec :)