[Q] G2 stuck at boot logo no download mode no recovery device manager wont recognize

Search This thread

xbabyboy4021x

Feb 9, 2010
ok i see lots of threads about G2 stuck at LG logo with no download mode etc but none specific to my situation so figured id start my own.

my phone is stuck at the lg logo when i try to boot, when i try to go to download mode it shows the blue dots but windows, flash tool, nothing will recognize the phone as being plugged in, and not even the little sound windows makes when a usb device is plugged in, its been a little while so i cant remember EXACTLY what the last thing i did that bricked it was, something i did on command line with aboot something, i can try to dig it up if absolutely necessary but it would take some digging...when i try to boot into recovery it freezes at the "loading recovery screen, when i try to go to download mode it sticks at the blue dots and wont respond to anything, when i try to do a factory hard data reset it says "hard reset processing" or something similar then freezes there, ive tried reinstalling the drivers, using different pcs, read through countless threads, but have had no luck, any ideas what i can do to unbrick my brand new g2?? thanks in advance

youngnex

Sep 29, 2011
Tampa, FL
ok i see lots of threads about G2 stuck at LG logo with no download mode etc but none specific to my situation so figured id start my own.

my phone is stuck at the lg logo when i try to boot, when i try to go to download mode it shows the blue dots but windows, flash tool, nothing will recognize the phone as being plugged in, and not even the little sound windows makes when a usb device is plugged in, its been a little while so i cant remember EXACTLY what the last thing i did that bricked it was, something i did on command line with aboot something, i can try to dig it up if absolutely necessary but it would take some digging...when i try to boot into recovery it freezes at the "loading recovery screen, when i try to go to download mode it sticks at the blue dots and wont respond to anything, when i try to do a factory hard data reset it says "hard reset processing" or something similar then freezes there, ive tried reinstalling the drivers, using different pcs, read through countless threads, but have had no luck, any ideas what i can do to unbrick my brand new g2?? thanks in advance

This is what i would do....looks like your cable works, looks like you know how to get into Download and Recovery Mode. You have to get it to be detected, if it boots into Download mode it should work. Try re-installing the drivers.

Here is the ZVC tot file if u dont have it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2702422

Try this Tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475045

xbabyboy4021x

Feb 9, 2010
Change PC and try

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

tried 3 different computers and windows 7 and 8....

This is what i would do....looks like your cable works, looks like you know how to get into Download and Recovery Mode. You have to get it to be detected, if it boots into Download mode it should work. Try re-installing the drivers.

Here is the ZVC tot file if u dont have it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2702422

Try this Tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475045

that tutorial still leaves me stuck at trying to get the computer to recognize it and so far no luck! thanks for the info ill do that if i do gett it to recognize it...any other ideas?? im stuck!

secret.animal

Aug 1, 2010
Lake Villa
Redmi Note 10 Pro
tried 3 different computers and windows 7 and 8....

that tutorial still leaves me stuck at trying to get the computer to recognize it and so far no luck! thanks for the info ill do that if i do gett it to recognize it...any other ideas?? im stuck!

Your download mode is broken. The laf partition needs fixed.
I'm looking for a way to do it from recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
unless you can get into fastboot mode, your sol. I had this exact same thing happen to me, ended up having to get a replacement phone.

xbabyboy4021x

Feb 9, 2010
i fixed it! ...by taking it to sprint and getting a manufacturer warranty replacement lol...got tired of effin with it

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Well that sucks. I have the same problem and I just need to get back into download mode. Is there a key combo for DL mode?

Sent from my SM-T217S

with the phone off (completely), hold volume button (up i believe), and plug usb into computer. This should bring up download mode. If volume up doesnt work, try volume down. If you get just to the dots, then your download mode is broken.

Nba2kgod

Jun 29, 2014
was just about to start a new thread but didn't want to get into trouble..anyway I am in need of some assistance please.my ls980 has been bricked for some time now been searching all over the internet for a solution to be stuck back at square one.found this video on youtube which is pretty much exactly what my phone is doing.I have used lg flash tool to revert to stock and still nothing I lost root doing that but last night,I managed to regain root access I have no idea how but it happened when i clicked ioroot batch file i went into download mode and it stated bottom left ROOTED in red so i managed that but that is it still doing what is being shown in the video its on youtube

watch?v=PjLF-pBhZSY

please if anyone has the know how I would like to fix this phone rather then bin it thank you