Press Unlock / Phone goes right back to sleep.

Search This thread

flaystus

Mar 20, 2011
I've got a problem. Same problem I had on my G2 and I ended up getting rid of the G2.

For some strange reason at times when I press the button on the back to unlock/wake the phone the screen comes on and it goes RIGHT BACK to sleep.

At first it seemed like it was when my hand is touching the top of the phone but this morning I couldn't duplicate it on command.

Any clue whats happening?

christcb

Feb 21, 2008
Columbia, SC
I know this isn't any help to you, but I am seeing the same behavior. It took me 5 minutes to get the phone to unlock last night. If anyone has any ideas on this please help! Thank you in advance.

I've got a problem. Same problem I had on my G2 and I ended up getting rid of the G2.

For some strange reason at times when I press the button on the back to unlock/wake the phone the screen comes on and it goes RIGHT BACK to sleep.

At first it seemed like it was when my hand is touching the top of the phone but this morning I couldn't duplicate it on command.

Any clue whats happening?

jevan24

Sep 1, 2012
Clarksville, AR
The only thing that I can think of is the feature they use with the sensors next to the camera on the front. If your phone is in your pocket and the power button is pressed the screen will shut back off. You can test it by holding your hand over the proximity next to the camera. Then press power.

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I know I mess up when I disconnect my phone from the power cord in the morning. The phone's screen automatically comes on when you unplug it, but I have a habit of trying to turn the screen on myself. What happens is that the phone automatically turns the screen on, and my actions immediately turn it off again.

I realize this probably isn't the same issue that some of you are facing, but it does annoy me!