[SM-V700] tizen downgrade android

Search This thread

masterhaides

Apr 2, 2007
www.kali.org
Big thanks for this post. I had tried updating to the latest version and it errored on flash. was stuck in download mode and couldn't get kies or odin to flash anything. After scouring the internet and the xda forums, found this post. Also found out after trying 3 different usb cables, it was the cables the whole time that was causing my problems. 3rd times the charm. Thanks XDA

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
tried over 9 times and still get the touch screen being unresponsive plz any help

Follow the guide as stated and it does work, fought it at first as well.

Coming from tizen-

Boot to download mode
using Odin
uncheck auto reboot
check re partition and f reset time
select the pit and tar as shown
start flashing

Once it's finished flashing unplug watch and remove from cradle
hold power button down till you see rebooting
push it 10 times or so and then select recovery
wait a minute or so and you will get the error message
plug back up to computer and using a new Odin terminal
uncheck auto reboot and flash recovery as shown
once it finishes reboot by holding power again
boot back to recovery and let it do it's deal
Watch will then reboot and you are done.

Issue comes up if you don't do it exactly as the op stated. Took me a few times to figure out exactly how to do it as well.

Last edited:

georgeelbob

Oct 13, 2009
Cairo

Coming from tizen-

Boot to download mode
using Odin
uncheck auto reboot
start flashing

Issue comes up if you don't do it exactly as the op stated. Took me a few times to figure out exactly how to do it as well.

Have done exactly that. More than once. But the screen is no longer working.

But i will try again ?

georgeelbob

Oct 13, 2009
Cairo

Coming from tizen-

Boot to download mode
using Odin
uncheck auto reboot
start flashing

Issue comes up if you don't do it exactly as the op stated. Took me a few times to figure out exactly how to do it as well.[/QUOTE

wow thanks god and thank you mr. Ducter about ur help working well yeah , you are right :eek: :good:
thanks a lot for ur help

HeThomsen

Oct 15, 2012
Bramming
OnePlus 8 Pro
install rom on sm-v700

1. Download file(use chromium-browser)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/2imH7eEgce/SM-V700_tizen_to_android.html?

2. uncompression SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip

3. excute Odin

4. flash 1_dn_android.tar
View attachment 2786168

5. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

6. wait

7. The following message is displayed,
View attachment 2786178

8. flash 2_recovery.img.tar
View attachment 2786169

9. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

10. boot done

Hello @Jijonhyuni
During install new rom on my gear sm-v700, i somehow lost connection, and i now have the error screen:(
Is it possible to get it re installed?
nothing happens when i pres powerbutton 10 times, just the error screen
Hope that you can help
Regards
HeThomsen

I tryed to downgrade from tizen to android.
I was almost successful, however i encountered the touchscreen not working problem.

I was following this post procedure:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2776157

However by mistake i ended up choosing the wrong menu option (recovery) i think
when i should have been using download.

unfortunately choosing either 'Continue' 'Download' or 'Recovery' in the menu results the the samsung logo
bootloop problem. Odin does not see/recognise my watch anymore.

Is there any hardware way to correct this problem, can a chip be reflashed ?, or is my SM-V700 Watch
now officially a brick for life ??

Please help me, i'm desperate at this point :( :(

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I tryed to downgrade from tizen to android.
I was almost successful, however i encountered the touchscreen not working problem.

I was following this post procedure:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2776157

However by mistake i ended up choosing the wrong menu option (recovery) i think
when i should have been using download.

unfortunately choosing either 'Continue' 'Download' or 'Recovery' in the menu results the the samsung logo
bootloop problem. Odin does not see/recognise my watch anymore.

Is there any hardware way to correct this problem, can a chip be reflashed ?, or is my SM-V700 Watch
now officially a brick for life ??

Please help me, i'm desperate at this point :( :(
Assume you have fixed it? You can try holding down power again until you see rebooting then press it repeatedly about 10 times and you should get the boot menu.

trade

Mar 24, 2006
California
Did you fixed the loop I have the same problem, I select Reboot or Download mode and loop to the Samsung logo

How I can get out?

Boot Loop

Did you fixed the loop I have the same problem, I select Reboot or Download mode and loop to the Samsung logo

How I can get out?

No unfortunately i was not able to fix it.
REASON: Odin no longer recognises the watch.
REASON WHY ODIN NO LONGER RECOGNISES THE WATCH: The software/firmware in the watch
that is used to control communication to the outside world
(i.e. USB via Watch Cradle) is corrupted/stuffed.

i took my watch to an official samsung repair centre, and the technician told me that the only way to flash firmware was by samsungs 'Download' or 'Recovery' options.
These options no longer work because the firmware needed to make these boot menu options work is faulty/overwritten (i.e. corrupted) :crying::crying:

It is unfortunate, because i did actually correctly flash the NULL ROM onto the watch properly.
The problem was that the screen did not respond to touch (a common issue people have had)
The answer was to re-flash the NULL os again, and the second time the screen would work fine.

When i went to flash NULL the second time over, i was looking at my PC screen (looking at the instructions) and after about 3-4 seconds my watch immediately selected the wrong menu option (menu selection that i had left the watch on). I think this was the 'recovery' menu option.

This was a mistake on my part in terms of timing, i should have keep pressing the watch button at least once every second (to keep the watch cycling through the menu) until i was ready to choose the correct option (i.e. 'download' option instead of 'recovery' option) - Just very bad timing issue on my part. I have since bought a Gear 2 watch.

Morale: Just remember to be careful about the timing of the watch menu options.

What ever menu option is highlighted WILL be chosen by default after about 3-4 seconds UNLESS you keep pressing the watch button at least once every second.

NOTE 1: It seems that there are no companys/business's in the world that repair/trade samsung watch parts.
NOTE 2: The official Samsung Repair centre told me that sumsung DO have parts for their watches, But that they dont give these parts to repair centres....
NOTE 3: According to 2 other samsung repair centres, a brand new watch motherboard would cost MORE
then the cost of a brand new watch itself.

I hope my tragedy story will be used as a good lesson to those watch flashers out there.

Ben

Last edited:

himelr

May 18, 2015
how can i downgrade my samsung z1 tizen to android???

i don't want to use tizen. it's not comfortable. how can i install android to it??.... pls help me to get rid of it :) thank you all....

Deskaria

May 8, 2012
heyho,
I got a little problem over here...
Odin stucks at:

<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> system.img

and won´t do anything...
Can i remove the cable without riskin a brick?

srdempster

Feb 4, 2012
Staffordshire
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Revert back to Tizen

After successfully reverting back to Android to try to get it to work with CM12, had partial success but stuck trying to revert back to tizen. Everytime I use ODIN to flash Tizen stock it stops at Bootloader flash and then does nothing and gets hot. Any ideas as have to disconnect and reflash Android back to get it working again??

kantapon.tee

Sep 14, 2015
V700

3. excute Odin

5. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

6. wait

9. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

10. boot done

youtube.com/watch?v=cgiGij5uOfI
Please help me. i follow the step. it's PASS everting.
but start v700 >>> Samsung Logo run Loop non-stop.

^^ Please give me your hand.
email - kantapon.tee#gmail.com

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/2imH7eEgce/SM-V700_tizen_to_android.html?

3. excute Odin

1.PNG

6. wait

3.jpg

2.PNG

10. boot done
    Nice, is the touchscreen working?

yes :laugh:
    Rare poster, sorry!

Hi all. I don't post on here often but I thought I'd try to help. I tried about 10 times before I got it to work. I sometimes need step by step instructions down to the smallest detail to figure out some of this Android stuff lol. So I though I'd add some foot notes for people who need help. Below are OP's instructions with some edits (things i did) that may help. (I don't know how to post his pics sorry)

(HAD TO REMOVE LINK, NEW POSTER)

2. UNZIP SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip

3. RIGHT CLICK ON Odin, RUN AS ADMIN

Click image for larger version

Name: 1.PNG
    Views: 3468
    Size: 114.5 KB
    ID: 2786168

4A) After the file is flashed, it will do nothing. Remove Gear from cradle.

5. HOLD POWER BUTTON TO GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE (This is where I was messing up, I kept trying to reboot into recovery)

The following message is displayed,

Name: 3.jpg
    Views: 2122
    Size: 97.6 KB
    ID: 2786178

6. flash 2_recovery.img.tar

Name: 2.PNG
    Views: 2655
    Size: 93.1 KB
    ID: 2786169

7. AGAIN AFTER IT FLASHES IT WILL DO NOTHING. WHEN FINISHED, REMOVE FROM CRADLE

8. HOLD POWER BUTTON TO REBOOT, SELECT RECOVERY THIS TIME. THEN IT SHOULD SHOW "UPDATING" THEN REBOOT ITSELF.

9. BOOM, DONE

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

i need help so i tried to flash tizen but it failed i got the message update failed so i did wut was said here to flash the 1st thing i go into boot screen i can go to download mode and recovery so i went to recovery but its infinite boot at the samsung galaxy gear logo part though but i read all pages saying to go in download first but i did that already but its still infinite looping help PLEASE i want my watch back its rooted though :( help

This happened to me. I realized I was flashing the update and not stock Tizen. (if thats what its called)

Make sure you are using V700XXUCNE9 to upgrade from Android to Tizen. Then update with: V700OXACNF1.

Hope that helps.
    ... about Tizen experience..?
    Samsung wants you to upgrade/bully you to Tizen ?

Feel free to stay on Android forever. When Samsung moved to Tizen for the Gear 2's they could have left the GG1 on Android with no future updates. And if abandoned, existing third party apps would eventually die from neglect and no new one's would ever be written. There's hope for the latter with the move to Tizen. I thought for sure GG1 owners would be screwed when it was confirmed the Gear 2's were Tizen. In all my time following Samsung this is the first where they actually gave a crap about owners of earlier devices when they (Samsung) shifted strategy. They deserve applause for what they did with the GG1, not *****ing. If people are pissed about the strategic decision to move to Tizen that's very different from Samsung ensuring that their wearables early adopters (us) weren't thrown under the bus.
    was going to attempt the downgrade process some point later today. Does this work?? I know the whole flash at your own risk, etc. etc.
    but, this method is tried and true??

BTW, think it is possible to flash straight kit kat NC5 modules to the gear?

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I've done it and it's easy if you lose touch reflashes recovery again

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

and if touch dosnt work after flashing recovery , download a 4.2.2 firmware from sammobile and install usuing odin this worked for me

flashing androidtozien > recovery > no touch > recovery again > no touch > full 4.2.2 firmware and touchscreen worked