*7/13/12*- FIX YOUR LG Revolution VS910 Firmware V4,V6,V7,V8, V9 W/ Instructions

Search This thread

sam.assad

Jun 11, 2011
I dont know what im doing wrong .........i install all the driver and follow all the steps and i cant make my windows 7 recognize my phone ...on device manger i see something under "other devices" like this
CDC abstract control model (ACM)
CDC Ethernet control model(ECM)
LG Android USB device
Lg Android USB device

and now i cant even access about the phone under setting everytime i try it give me FC ...I dont know what to do please help

I did everything u can imagine to fix drivers problems and im still cant fix the problem ..if any body have any solution please help thanks

I got it now :)

Last edited:

3083joe

Mar 16, 2010
Richmond, VA
HELP

ok first thanks for all your work on this. I am working to get my Revo out of LG bootloop and I have everything but I cant get the Components to install keep getting error , please any ideas
Thanks
Error 1321

Reactions: gibbsrob

drinkhere

Jan 14, 2011
NM
Hi guys i need help big time i flashed a recovery in rom manager that was not for the revo and now i think i bricked my phone. it won't boot up just stays on the lg screen i tried to do a factory reset but that won't work either. any help would be welcome i just hope i didn't brick the phone.

Reactions: gibbsrob

gibbsrob

Dec 26, 2010
Lakewood, OH
crickets chirping

My friend did the same thing, flashed the wrong cwm now he's stuck on the LG screen.
CDMA USB modem drivers won't install.
NO reply on this thread.
NO links to drivers.
NO help.

Oh, but post something in the wrong section and watch how many replies you get then!
LAME!

chewbacchi

Aug 1, 2010
Phoenix
jackpot08,
I just wanted to say "Thank you very much".
I am a long time lurker, have moderated an Eris forum when I had that a couple years ago, but never post anymore, as you can see.
This thread helped me finally take the step to begin playing around with my Revo, and move into newer ROMs and get off my forgotten by VZW Revo ROM I was still stuck with.
Anyway, Thanks!

My experience:
I am on Win7 Home Premium 64bit
The only hiccup was Registering the DLL-->
I changed the UAC as another person posted in the first couple pages here-->
That worked.
The rest of the process was exactly as you explained, and I am now running ZV7.
This is a stepping stone to get me into mtmichaelson's ROMs and CWM.

Thanks.

Marc

DO NOT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO DOWNLOAD FROM THE MINUS LINKS IN THE OP. takes about 7 hours. seriously. minus should be shut down. why not use dev-host ? it allows like 10 times faster download speed. as opposed to 7 hours at 15kbps.

anyway after 2 days of searching here i have a link for the tot files that lets you download at over 600 kbps. go here LG Revolution

and i have had the lg revo for awhile . im a developer. have been developing for the galaxy note . and galaxy s2 skyrocket. but there just dev devices. the revo is my actuall phone/ and im kind of dissapointed to see no dev activity on this forum. so ill be building some roms/. from the new zv9 update. soon. probobly release one monday. please dont bug for eta. but as i said most likely monday. also going to look into geting some flashable modems. posted. so god things coming. lol if i have to use this device . i might as well make it better. anyway have a good weekend everyone

G

GuestK00134

DO NOT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO DOWNLOAD FROM THE MINUS LINKS IN THE OP. takes about 7 hours. seriously. minus should be shut down. why not use dev-host ? it allows like 10 times faster download speed. as opposed to 7 hours at 15kbps.

anyway after 2 days of searching here i have a link for the tot files that lets you download at over 600 kbps. go here LG Revolution

and i have had the lg revo for awhile . im a developer. have been developing for the galaxy note . and galaxy s2 skyrocket. but there just dev devices. the revo is my actuall phone/ and im kind of dissapointed to see no dev activity on this forum. so ill be building some roms/. from the new zv9 update. soon. probobly release one monday. please dont bug for eta. but as i said most likely monday. also going to look into geting some flashable modems. posted. so god things coming. lol if i have to use this device . i might as well make it better. anyway have a good weekend everyone

I was just going to post about how slow Minus is! Thanks for offering a better solution! And looking forward to another ROM option too! Just a heads up though, we have seen supposed devs come and go in the Revo forums and every time they promise to do a ROM they never deliver and we are always let down...please dont do that to us! It's just not cool...lol

EDIT: Alternate TOT DL Link at tazr not working...seriously??

Last edited:
G

GuestK00134

Look wow it was yesterday. OK I'll host it either on the collective server or dev host

link? I agree minus.com sucks, so if you got something better, please hook us up!

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

ZV8 TOT appears to be corrupted. Only 136 Megs and LGNPST says it's corrupted.

Cheesecakepig

May 14, 2012
Fixed my Hardbrick

This worked really well! One thing I did was try to flash CWM with Rom Manager...Terrible idea. Another thing some of you might have to do is go through device manager and install the driver over the phone. My phone showed up simply as "generic USB hub" This works flawlessly and as I just unbricked my Revo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread is now available to everyone!

Flash this file over anything and you will have GB!

Mediafire:

ZV4
    ZV6
    ZV7
    ZV8
    ZV9

MD5
    V4- bfcf8ec006bca32784c188d031c6202f
    V6- 18d40c7dac1b6b428751ef3d3037efb6
    V7-754799d76b450bce2c295ba20918332d
    V8-81da3d04c95a2cccfee8953568bb30b1
    V9-1d2ff6d22cd70adc2dc719e44f9f8613

Let the fun begin!

Instructions:
    0. Install the software that pops up when you plug in your phone.

1. Get the LGNPST Package with the GenericModels and Components Plug-In.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cghufvvn43m7bam

2. Get the driver for the phone and install it
    http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/drivers/LGAndroidDriver_Ver_1.0_All.exe

3. Get the Stock Rom TOT file and extract it.
    [B]POSTED ABOVE[/B]

4. Get the DLL file specifically for the Revolution
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4gdq6dsm643v9ur

5. Extract the "LGNPST Store & Lab"

6. Install the following order:
    a. LGNPSTv1.2_Store_Version.msi
    b. LGNPST_v1.2_Lab_Version.msi
    c. Components >> LGNPST_Components_Ver_5_0_12_0.msi
    d. GenericModels >> LGNPST_GenericModels_Ver_5_0_10_0.msi

7. Run "Right_Click_Register_DLL.reg"

8. Make a new folder called "Models" in the program's directory
    Default: "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\"

9. Grab the "VS910.dll" and put it in the "Models" folder.

10. Right Click "VS910.dll" and click on Install/Register.
    Note: DLL WILL NOT INSTALL UNLESS COMPONENTS AND GENERICMODELS PLUG-INS ARE INSTALLED!!!

IF YOU CANNOT INSTALL IT ON A RIGHT CLICK GO TO "C:\Windows\System32" and drag the VS910.dll on "regsvr32" and it should install.

a. Make sure you install it properly
    b. REBOOT!!

11. Run "LGNPST"

12. Plug in your phone, use Internet Connection Mode,and enable USB Debugging.

13. Phone should pop up in the list

14. Select the phone and click on the Open folder button inside the .BIN query underneath the COM## details.

15. Since it wants a .bin file, you can open the .TOT file by typing "*.*" inside the File Name query and hitting Enter

16. Select "VS910ZV4_04.S4_04.P58008.R5.user.tot" and Click OK

17. Then click on Upgrade

18. Wait a few minutes

19. Voila
    Thanks so much for getting these tot files uploaded. I wanted to give a small something back to you guys, so I mirrored a few of the common files we use onto a dedicated server of mine. To make it a bit easier, I recompressed them into a single file each instead of multiple .rars, etc. These should be up for a long time:

66.85.128.51/phone/LGPNST.zip
    66.85.128.51/phone/VS910.dll
    66.85.128.51/phone/VS910ZV7_10.S7_10.P58008.R5.zip
    66.85.128.51/phone/VS910ZV8_12.S8_12.P58013.R5.zip
    66.85.128.51/phone/VS910ZV9_05.S9_05.P58014.R5.zip
    66.85.128.51/phone/GingerVolt2.0.zip
    66.85.128.51/phone/BrokenOutRevo2.0.zip

Let me know if you need anything else added, this are just the first few I had around.

EDIT: I dont have enough posts to put a direct link, so you just have to paste them into your address bar manually.
    If you're having trouble getting the vs910.dll to install and keep getting the "Windows7 RegSvr32 Error 0x80020009" message then try this:

Start (Win Key) > type uac > ENTER
    Pull slider down to Never notify > OK
    Restart computer
    try installing vs910.dll again

just make sure you go back and put the slider where it was after you are done upgrading the software on your phone. This worked for me and I'm running windows 7 64bit.
    I have uploaded the tot's to box.com and my webserver in zip saving around 300 mb. I figured people with limited bandwidth would probably enjoy this more seeing as it will save time and bandwidth.

Downloads - Box.com (zip files):
    ZV4
    ZV6
    ZV7
    ZV8
    Enjoy