Just ordered this Atrix lapdock

Search This thread

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
Yep, should get mine by the end of the week. Once I do get it, I'll let everyone know how it's working

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

mtunender

May 26, 2011
Does that dock have a built in battery?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
Everything I've read says it comes with a battery, that last about 10 hours. I'll know for sure and post here when it comes in.

loooney2ns

Jun 2, 2010
I'm trying to decide if I really need one of these. 1sale-a-day has it for $60 today. I already have an Acer 32gb Iconia A500, and an 11.6" Dell laptop. Do I really need this? They won't all fit in my Timbuk2 bag at once. I've been debating it for months and I can't decide what to do. Any suggestions? By the way, the coupon for this month for the link in the OP is "may5off".

Last edited:

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
UPS says it's out for delivery, so I'll have it tonight when I get home.

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
So I got the lapdock yesterday. it does have a battery which charges the phone at the same time as powering the screen.

I haven't gotten to test it on my RAZR as I found out my RAZR's HDMI port has crapped out. I did take the dock to the local Verizon store and tested it on one of the display RAZr's and it works great. Just wish the cables were a bit longer, they are only about 6 inches long.

I've got a new RAZR coming in the mail, and should be here Tuesday, so I will be able to give a go review then.

Also, the HDMI cable seems to be somewhat loose, and can lose connection easy, so all4cellular has sent me a new one of those as well.

lovemyram4x4

Jun 4, 2008
Is the display on the Atrix lapdock wide screen like the 100 & 500? I never seen on in person & some pictures look like it is yet others don't. I think the 100 is too small & the 500 is too big but this one might be just right for me, plus with it on sale all over the place it's a better buy right now assuming don't need anything the extra features you get on the 500 (not sure if the 100 offers anything more) .

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
Besides multitouch on the track pad,I don't know of anything else the 500 has over this. The atrix Lapdock has 2 usb ports.

I don't know if they consider it wide screen or not but 11.6" makes it wide for it's size.

I'm trying to figure out a way for the phone to mount to the dock, so it's easier to move.

kurpter

Jun 14, 2007
Hi Killer Turtle, Once my lapdock comes, i am looking in to making a mod to it so it will work the same as the padfone.

once its here i can take the size of the screen, the cables etc... and then i can plan of the design.

lovemyram4x4

Jun 4, 2008
Is it closer to 16:9 or 4:3. I haven't even been able to find any specs on the Atrix lapdock anymore.

I'm thinking the that the 100 is basically the same as the Atrix & the smaller screen is possible about the same width but it's shorter due to being a wider aspect ratio. The 500 besides being bigger also has a video out & an Ethernet port with PoE.

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
It's 16:9. Screen measures 10.125/5.75
This also has 2 usb ports, the 100 doesn't have any.

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
Current review:

I'm currently using the Atrix Lapdock on with my RAZR. So far I'm loving it. Only issue I have come across so far is that the Flash version on Webtop isn't the latest verion, so some flash games on Facebook don't play.

Wieght - really light compared to my Dell netbook.
Screen size-A lot larger then my netbook. And it is wide screen, image holding your phone sideways and enlarging the screen to 11.6"
Keyboard/Mouse-Didn't think having a keyboard and mouse would be that important with a phone, but now that I have them it's awesome.
When the screen is closed, the phone treats it like a normal dock, so you can set you phone to different Dock profiles, like Alarm Clock.
Love having the USB ports to add things like camers & drives.
Love the battery-Have had it on since 8:00 CST and it's still got 2 of 5 lights lit. Screen has not turned of since.

Dislike:
Need to figure out how to better mount the phone.
Sometimes it doesn't come up and fill the whole screen, about 1/4" space all the way around.
Wish there were more option for Apps to install, like Open Office (right now using the phone full screen for for this)

Once I get more time with it, I will update my Likes/Disklikes with more. So far really liking it though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Atrix Lapdock using XDA

gilros

Feb 26, 2011
Using it right now. I'd say it's a nice buy, works fairly well with the RAZR. The cables included are very short, though, which makes it hard to mount the phone right. I modded it to allow direct connection, but it's a bit tricky to get the connections to work properly (my own fault, probably.) The software is also pretty mediocre. I'm using the ICS leak on my RAZR, and instead of an Ubuntu-type OS it's basically tablet Android... except it's still got phone apps (except for a few stock apps and my launcher.) Everything's blown up, which is really irritating. Still works fine, but I feel Motorola needs to work more on this. Or if someone with dev experience were to force apps to use a tablet interface, it would be perfect.

lovemyram4x4

Jun 4, 2008
I decided to go to with the Atrix lapdock, it should be here on Monday. I think this will be the perfect compromise for good screen size while being compact. I really wish it had a web Cam like the 500, I think I might try to add an internal Cam for a laptop if enjoy using the lapdock.

Top Liked Posts