[APP] DSP Manager for GS3

Search This thread

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
DSP Manager is the sound processing app from the Cyanogen Mod Team(thanks).You can customize the equalizer manually or select from a bunch of preset options.

Requirements :

Rooted GS3
Custom recovery

Installation :

Enter recovery
Make a backup just in case
Install zip from sd card
Choose zip from sd card
Select DSPManager.... Zip

Reboot

Enjoy!!

If it worked for you please report back!

Download
DSP-Manager-v2.0.zip - 345.45 KB

Last edited:

doki81

Apr 21, 2008
Singapore
DSP Manager.

Attached you will find the apk in a zip file that will install as a system app. I used this on the One X, can't remember who created it, sorry. Tried it on the GS3 and it's seems to be working perfectly.

Remember that I grabbed this from the One X threads, so don't freak out when the install proccess says something about One X :D

Enjoy!!
how do u install it on s3? do u have a guide?

Thank you in advance!

123shree

Dec 17, 2010
Mysore, Karnataka
Have you tested it?????
I had tried it once (not this buy my own port) and it didn't work :(

EDIT : OK tested it... And it works!!!!!!
Thanks for the share :)

Last edited:

onkel_neme

Aug 12, 2009
warburg
www.rgui-rom.in
hey guys iam verry happy with this DSP.Its the best DSP plugin what ever i used in my whole smartphone world and i am started by win mobile ^^
The sound is verry verry fantastic !Deep and smouth bass booster.Its so good when you listening old Alben without good dynamik, like a-ha or depeche mode.
The Treble was absolut clear an no aggressiv.

But for all power amp useres, make shure that you dont have "direct control" activate.so the DSP doesnt work !You can find it in settings-audio engine-advanced tweaks.

thanks and good night ;-)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DSP Manager is the sound processing app from the Cyanogen Mod Team(thanks).You can customize the equalizer manually or select from a bunch of preset options.

Requirements :

Rooted GS3
    Custom recovery

Installation :

Enter recovery
    Make a backup just in case
    Install zip from sd card
    Choose zip from sd card
    Select DSPManager.... Zip

Reboot

Enjoy!!

If it worked for you please report back!

Download
    DSP-Manager-v2.0.zip - 345.45 KB
    I changed the binary script so it says For Samsung Galaxy S3 instead of the HTC one X crap, for those that care:p
    Ok, let me preface this by saying I don't know what I'm doing, but I got DSP manager working brilliantly. Your mileage may vary and I'm not responsible if this messes up your device - MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!

My current setup:
    VZW SGS3 w/ the K1 base.
    CM10 Official & CM10 Nightlies (I've also used this on ICS and JB based TouchWiz ROMs)
    Stock SGS3 headphones (they sound fantastic w/ this DSP Manager)
    V6 Supercharger with the new Maximum Overdrive Multitasking Mod (may actually hurt the DSP effects)
    Imoeseyon's Lean Kernel (Experimental) 1.10

I've tried just about all the DSP Managers I could find, Beats Audio, AwesomeBeats, as well as the new AC!D add-on (v4 and v5). They either don't work at all or they severely distort the bass.

What Works:
    Using CM10 at least, this will provide excellent audio control in most apps. I've confirmed it working in Google Play Music, Google Play Movies & TV, Plex, PowerAmp, Pandora and YouTube. You will know it will work b/c (using the stock headphones at least) it will literally hurt your ears with clean, powerful bass. I've noticed in TW-based ROMs the DSP Manager doesn't seem to work with Google Play Music or the stock music player, but does work with most everything else.

Issues:
    The only issue I've noticed is the DSP Manager will randomly turn off after 15-20 minutes sometimes, but this is known CM10 issue, which is what this DSP Manager came from. Wiggling the headphone plug or actually unplugging and plugging back-in usually fixes it. Also, the Dynamic Range Compression only seems to work in CM10 (maybe other non-TW based ROMs), but it actually kills all the bass, so I don't even use it. I've also noticed that the DSP Manager only works on certain songs using Google Play Music, but I've only noticed this using CM10 and V6 Supercharger, so I suspect those may be the culprit; on CM10 stable with no V6 Supercharger, it worked great.

My settings:
    DRC: Off
    Bass Boost: Enabled, Moderate
    Equalizer: Enabled, Rock
    Loudness Compensation: Stronger (this made a big difference on the bass output)
    Headset Virtual Room Effect: Disabled

Enjoy!
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/68ZTKefC/DSPmanager-v3-SGS3.html
    hey guys iam verry happy with this DSP.Its the best DSP plugin what ever i used in my whole smartphone world and i am started by win mobile ^^
    The sound is verry verry fantastic !Deep and smouth bass booster.Its so good when you listening old Alben without good dynamik, like a-ha or depeche mode.
    The Treble was absolut clear an no aggressiv.

But for all power amp useres, make shure that you dont have "direct control" activate.so the DSP doesnt work !You can find it in settings-audio engine-advanced tweaks.

thanks and good night ;-)
    Is it working for you guys?

190 downloads and not many replies, Has it worked for you guys?