[Q] problem with gyroscope, light sensor and auto rotation

Search This thread

edu769

Feb 19, 2014
Firstly , I would like to apologize if I posted in the wrong place ... I'm new to the forum. I would also apologize because I am Brazilian and I'm using the google translator .

I searched the forum and have not found a solution to my device , then searching the web I saw many users praising the XDA , so I came to seek a solution to my problem here , I hope you can help me !

My tablet Galaxy tab 2 7.0 " suddenly stopped working the gyroscope , a light sensor and the screen does not rotate in landscape mode . Already done everything and does not work . Only play with apps in store . Before but now it worked normally .

I downloaded an app called phone tester to test my sensors but only appears "waiting for data ... "

Is there any way to enable these features ?

Sorry!!!!

wolfclan68

Aug 5, 2010
Chula Vista, Ca
Firstly , I would like to apologize if I posted in the wrong place ... I'm new to the forum. I would also apologize because I am Brazilian and I'm using the google translator .

I searched the forum and have not found a solution to my device , then searching the web I saw many users praising the XDA , so I came to seek a solution to my problem here , I hope you can help me !

My tablet Galaxy tab 2 7.0 " suddenly stopped working the gyroscope , a light sensor and the screen does not rotate in landscape mode . Already done everything and does not work . Only play with apps in store . Before but now it worked normally .

I downloaded an app called phone tester to test my sensors but only appears "waiting for data ... "

Is there any way to enable these features ?

Sorry!!!!

No need to apologize, you're in the right place. Not certain, but it sounds like you're running it stock. Is that right? The light sensor and rotation can be enabled/disabled in the settings menu. I'm sure you checked that those are set correctly. However, the gyroscope doesn't have a way to turn it off that I'm aware of. If it is stock, and you've never installed any custom ROM I can only think you may have a hardware failure. Was it dropped?

edu769

Feb 19, 2014
No need to apologize, you're in the right place. Not certain, but it sounds like you're running it stock. Is that right? The light sensor and rotation can be enabled/disabled in the settings menu. I'm sure you checked that those are set correctly. However, the gyroscope doesn't have a way to turn it off that I'm aware of. If it is stock, and you've never installed any custom ROM I can only think you may have a hardware failure. Was it dropped?

I forgot to tell .... I'm 11 CyanogenMod ( android 4.4 ) . Both the rotation and the automatic brightness sensor are active but still not work .

The ROM functioned normally and only after a while stopped working , ie also think it's a hardware problem. Was in doubt only because I thought there was a code that activates . I saw on the internet codes as: " *#*#0#*#* " ( without quotes ) but also did not work , says " connection problem or invalid MMI code "

I've installed previous versions to see if it worked but to no avail, he continued with the same problem. :crying: :crying:

And the worst is that in Brazil the taxes are too high then it is difficult to buy new quality appliances

But thanks for the help :good: ... I'll see what I can do now. :crying: :crying:

I'm using google translator , if any wrong word , blame the google kkk