4.4.2 i9505 Firmware for Australia 4G LTE

Search This thread

rling

Dec 12, 2007
Adelaide
I've got a rooted, unlocked i9505 with firmware 4.3, and knox still at 0.

Been waiting patiently for an official XSA version of 4.4.2 (Kitkat) and nothing in sight.

This morning, the Google Play Store has been acting up, giving connecting/server errors. Have cleared Google Services Framework cache/data, Play Store cache/data as well as stopped, disabled and re-enable both Framework and Play Store to no avail.

The next step is a hard reset.

Given that I will be losing all info on phone, was wondering if there is safe 4.4.2 firmware I can upgrade to that will permit the 4G LTE/GSM network in Australia before flashing to the official firmware when it is released?

Thanks in advance

pnz

Dec 28, 2012
Stock, yes. That means: no custom CWM, no root.

Well if all he wants is a safe 4.4.2 firmware, that's not really a problem. I'd recommend downloading Odin from somewhere, and a stock 4.4.2 firmware from sammobile.com or samsung-updates.com . I can confirm that the The VNZ and NZC (Vodafone NZ and 2degrees NZ) ones are unbranded, so are probably a good choice. Also comes with Navigon with (I believe) NZ and Australian maps, but I've had some issues with the activation for that.

Then if you want to just download and install an Australian 4.4.2 firmware when it comes out from one of those sites. Just don't under any circumstance try to downgrade from 4.4.2 to an older version.

rling

Dec 12, 2007
Adelaide
Well if all he wants is a safe 4.4.2 firmware, that's not really a problem. I'd recommend downloading Odin from somewhere, and a stock 4.4.2 firmware from sammobile.com or samsung-updates.com . I can confirm that the The VNZ and NZC (Vodafone NZ and 2degrees NZ) ones are unbranded, so are probably a good choice. Also comes with Navigon with (I believe) NZ and Australian maps, but I've had some issues with the activation for that.

Then if you want to just download and install an Australian 4.4.2 firmware when it comes out from one of those sites. Just don't under any circumstance try to downgrade from 4.4.2 to an older version.

Thanks. Will have a look. Aware that I will lose root. Just needed a stock ROM that will work. Do not intend to trip the Knox at this stage. Got the Nexus 7 for that. :)