Bricked s2 what to do?

Search This thread

DeusExLamda

Jun 10, 2014
I don't know whether is this a correct forum to post this so please bear with me :)

I did not root my phone.

My samsung galaxy sIIG was unable to turn on whether on download mode, flash mode or normal mode

so I guess it was a hard brick

connecting it to my pc doesnt work, my pc can't detect it as well

Is there anything I can do to save it? If not, is there any way to extract the internal memory by myself without sending it to samsung service center?

rrgrrg

Aug 31, 2012
Alexandria
rrgrrgofficial.wordpress.com
I don't know whether is this a correct forum to post this so please bear with me :)

I did not root my phone.

My samsung galaxy sIIG was unable to turn on whether on download mode, flash mode or normal mode

so I guess it was a hard brick

connecting it to my pc doesnt work, my pc can't detect it as well

Is there anything I can do to save it? If not, is there any way to extract the internal memory by myself without sending it to samsung service center?
try using a usb jig ;) .. google how u can make it or simply buy one :D

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Jig highly unlikely to work (1/10,000 chance, and I'm being generous), but try one as you have nothing to lose.

You won't be extracting data from the device, nor will a Samsung service centre or mobile repair shop. The only very very slim chance of getting data off the device would be a company that does data recovery from dead HDD's, but that's the same chance as the jig working - in 2.5 yrs here I've never seen anyone post & say they've had this done. And even if it is possible, expect it to be very expensive (as much as the phone costs).

If you didn't back your data up, it's gone.

If you intend to keep the phone, the fix is motherboard replacement.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Motherboard replacement = exactly that - a new (or 2nd hand) motherboard with a different EMMC on it.

'Factory settings' ? If you have a Samsung service centre put a new motherboard in, I presume they'll put the latest firmware they have on the device as well. If you source a 2nd hand board (or have a local mobile repair shop source one for you) & pay a local mobile repair shop to swap the boards, you could either tell them not to put firmware on it & do it with Odin yourself once it's been repaired, or they may put whatever the latest firmware is on same as a Samsung service centre.

Either way, data is gone.

Last edited:

DeusExLamda

Jun 10, 2014
Motherboard replacement = exactly that - a new (or 2nd hand) motherboard with a different EMMC on it.

'Factory settings' ? If you have a Samsung service centre put a new motherboard in, I presume they'll put the latest firmware they have on the device as well. If you source a 2nd hand board (or have a local mobile repair shop source one for you) & pay a local mobile repair shop to swap the boards, you could either tell them not to put firmware on it & do it with Odin yourself once it's been repaired, or they may put whatever the latest firmware is on same as a Samsung service centre.

Either way, data is gone.

Thanks for the advices..