[Guide][Step-by-Step & Video]How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N

Search This thread
Hey guys in this tutorial i will show you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit from Metro PCS, model SGH-T599N.
The phone comes Stock with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 Jelly Bean. This will also work on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

So lets get started.

There is a tutorial video at the bottom of the page

WARNING:

THIS WILL MOST LIKELY VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, THERE IS A CHANCE YOU COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE.

What you will need:

1) A Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N
(To check your model number, go to Settings / About Device / Model Number)

2) A PC running Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1)

3) A Usb Cable

4) Rooting program called VROOT

Step 1:​

You need to download the VROOT rooting program.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f85okpyc1u33zgt/Galaxy_Exhibit_Root.zip

Once the link is downloaded, extract the zip. You will get a .exe file called VRoot_1.7.3.4863_english_cid1005_7337ba1e_89.exe

Run the VRoot_1.7.3.4863_english_cid1005_7337ba1e_89.exe You will be greeted with the VROOT Setup Screen.

Click the Next button. You will be taken to the screen where you can chose where the installer, installs the program. You can chose a directory or use the default. Use the default.

Click the Next button. The next screen will ask you if you want the program to be put in your Start Menu, this is up to you.

Click the Next Button. The next the screen will ask if you want to place a Shortcut on your desktop, again this is up to you.

Click the Next Button. The program will now install it self. It should only take a couple of seconds. once the installer is done you will see the Setup Complete screen. Make sure the Launch VROOT box has a check in it and click the Finish Button.

The VROOT program will open. You will see a screen saying Device is connecting. After a moment the program will install daemon.

Step: 2​

For the program to recognize you phone, you will need to turn on Usb Debugging on, on your phone. To do this on your phone go to Settings / Developers Options

Scroll down to the Debugging Section. Look for USB debugging and click on it.

A warning will pop up saying Allow USB debugging, select OK

After you turn on Usb Debugging a second warning should pop up on your phone asking if you wanna allow Usb debugging between your computer and phone. Check the always allow and then OK. Checking Always makes it so you do not have see that warning everything. Your computer and phone will allow debugging connect every time you connect in that mode.

Step 3​

Now back on your PC you should see VROOT trying to connect to your phone. Once it connects you should see your phones model number on the screen. T599N

VROOT will now check to see if your phone already has root permission. VROOT will tell you, you do not have root.

The green root button in the bottom right corner should now be available. Press the Root button.

You will see the Rooting now screen. This should only take a moment to complete.

When VROOT is done, you will see a screen saying Success, your T599N is rooted. Rebooting.

You can now click complete, you are done with the VROOT program.

Step 4​

You Exhibit will now reboot back into the Android OS

Once you are back at your home screen, open the app drawer in the bottom right hand corner to show all your phone apps. Scroll all the way to the right. You should now have two new apps installed on your phone. Superuser and one that is in Chinese. The one in Chinese was installed when VROOT told you it was installing daemon. You will no longer need that app.

The Superuser app is the one we want. This app regulates which app you grant root permission to. Just open the app. Make sure it does no tell you, you do not have root permission.

Now my suggestion here is to get a different app to do the same thing. The one you should use is SuperSU by Chainfire from the Play Store. Go to the Play Store and in the search look for SuperSU. There are 2 verions, a free one and a paid one. The free on works just fine.

Install this version. You will now have a app that looks like a Superman symbol with a # inside of it. Open the app. Make sure SuperSU does not tell you, you do not have root.

Now anytime a app requests root, a warning will pop up from SuperSU asking if you want to allow that app root access.

You have the option to Deny or Grant that app root. You can also check the Ask again box. If you check this box and Grant a app root, after some time SuperSU will pop up again asking the same thing. If you chose to Grant a app root without checking the box, that app will have full root access anytime you use it.

If you Deny it then the app will not have root access and not work the way it was ment to.

And that's it guys. You now have root access on your Metro PCS Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N

Video Tutorial​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzUpbP55k30

Checkout my blogger page for these instructions with lots of pictures.

Checkout my Youtube page also

If this helped in any way please leave a comment of say thanks.

Last edited:

Bebout

Jun 18, 2014
Can anybody here confirm that this method works? My mothers phone is in need of rooting and I want to make sure this won't brick her phone.

brentwago

Jul 27, 2014
Rooted my wifes t599n , metro pcs, stock rom. Worked perfect exept now i can't remove he chinese superuser app, i can disable, but new superuser will not install over it.

Never mind, got it.

sent from my lgms323 towelrooted waiting on cstom rom

Last edited:

rckoegel

Mar 25, 2011
Seattle, WA
still working, EXE auto-updated, then i followed simple instructions, and the device rebooted with root.

vroot does install its own Super User Permission Management app, and a System Cleaner app (which are both actually useful), and some other junk (i uninstalled this). all their apps seem to have links to their other apps/appstore, but as long as you ignore them the apps themselves seem to be harmless enough.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys in this tutorial i will show you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit from Metro PCS, model SGH-T599N.
    The phone comes Stock with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 Jelly Bean. This will also work on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

So lets get started.

There is a tutorial video at the bottom of the page

WARNING:

THIS WILL MOST LIKELY VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, THERE IS A CHANCE YOU COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE.

What you will need:

1) A Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N
    (To check your model number, go to Settings / About Device / Model Number)

2) A PC running Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1)

3) A Usb Cable

4) Rooting program called VROOT

Step 1:​

You need to download the VROOT rooting program.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f85okpyc1u33zgt/Galaxy_Exhibit_Root.zip

Once the link is downloaded, extract the zip. You will get a .exe file called VRoot_1.7.3.4863_english_cid1005_7337ba1e_89.exe

Run the VRoot_1.7.3.4863_english_cid1005_7337ba1e_89.exe You will be greeted with the VROOT Setup Screen.

Click the Next button. You will be taken to the screen where you can chose where the installer, installs the program. You can chose a directory or use the default. Use the default.

Click the Next button. The next screen will ask you if you want the program to be put in your Start Menu, this is up to you.

Click the Next Button. The next the screen will ask if you want to place a Shortcut on your desktop, again this is up to you.

Click the Next Button. The program will now install it self. It should only take a couple of seconds. once the installer is done you will see the Setup Complete screen. Make sure the Launch VROOT box has a check in it and click the Finish Button.

The VROOT program will open. You will see a screen saying Device is connecting. After a moment the program will install daemon.

Step: 2​

For the program to recognize you phone, you will need to turn on Usb Debugging on, on your phone. To do this on your phone go to Settings / Developers Options

Scroll down to the Debugging Section. Look for USB debugging and click on it.

A warning will pop up saying Allow USB debugging, select OK

After you turn on Usb Debugging a second warning should pop up on your phone asking if you wanna allow Usb debugging between your computer and phone. Check the always allow and then OK. Checking Always makes it so you do not have see that warning everything. Your computer and phone will allow debugging connect every time you connect in that mode.

Step 3​

Now back on your PC you should see VROOT trying to connect to your phone. Once it connects you should see your phones model number on the screen. T599N

VROOT will now check to see if your phone already has root permission. VROOT will tell you, you do not have root.

The green root button in the bottom right corner should now be available. Press the Root button.

You will see the Rooting now screen. This should only take a moment to complete.

When VROOT is done, you will see a screen saying Success, your T599N is rooted. Rebooting.

You can now click complete, you are done with the VROOT program.

Step 4​

You Exhibit will now reboot back into the Android OS

Once you are back at your home screen, open the app drawer in the bottom right hand corner to show all your phone apps. Scroll all the way to the right. You should now have two new apps installed on your phone. Superuser and one that is in Chinese. The one in Chinese was installed when VROOT told you it was installing daemon. You will no longer need that app.

The Superuser app is the one we want. This app regulates which app you grant root permission to. Just open the app. Make sure it does no tell you, you do not have root permission.

Now my suggestion here is to get a different app to do the same thing. The one you should use is SuperSU by Chainfire from the Play Store. Go to the Play Store and in the search look for SuperSU. There are 2 verions, a free one and a paid one. The free on works just fine.

Install this version. You will now have a app that looks like a Superman symbol with a # inside of it. Open the app. Make sure SuperSU does not tell you, you do not have root.

Now anytime a app requests root, a warning will pop up from SuperSU asking if you want to allow that app root access.

You have the option to Deny or Grant that app root. You can also check the Ask again box. If you check this box and Grant a app root, after some time SuperSU will pop up again asking the same thing. If you chose to Grant a app root without checking the box, that app will have full root access anytime you use it.

If you Deny it then the app will not have root access and not work the way it was ment to.

And that's it guys. You now have root access on your Metro PCS Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N

Video Tutorial​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzUpbP55k30

Checkout my blogger page for these instructions with lots of pictures.

Checkout my Youtube page also

If this helped in any way please leave a comment of say thanks.