[XPOSED][GB*][ICS*][JB][KK*] UnToaster Xposed

Search This thread

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
Thanks for the update in an attempt to fix our problems. With the 1.2.3 version, it has "fixed" my issues with TiBu, however now none of the toast messages are being blocked. Installed update, verified 1.2.3 and turned on in Xposed, restarted, input the "all" command with ".*", restarted, still not blocking the toast messages.

I'd help if I could by sending a logcat of something crashing, but nothing is crashing - TiBu on 1.2.2 or Untoaster on 1.2.3 on my phone. Sorry I can't be of any more help than a description of what I'm noticing. I reloaded 1.1.7 on my phone and it's working perfectly, I'm happy keeping the older version since it's working for me.

The Xposed debug log will do.

Sent from: SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27 / SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9

Poppeye0

Nov 16, 2011
Changes: Using logcat instead of Xposed to log info (logcat | grep "UnToaster").

WTF???

Xposed specifically supplies a log so that users may conveniently look up information such as the one need to block toast notifications. Why would you deliberately not use the supplied framework and instead use logcat which only programmers use???

For my part, I will stay with 1.2.5 indefinitely if you want to make things hard for us.

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
WTF???

Xposed specifically supplies a log so that users may conveniently look up information such as the one need to block toast notifications. Why would you deliberately not use the supplied framework and instead use logcat which only programmers use???

For my part, I will stay with 1.2.5 indefinitely if you want to make things hard for us.
That is an *error* log not a general info log. You can use an app like catlog to look at and even export individual lines of the logcat to a text file.

And if you don't like it, the source is open.

Edit: Personal note: It was actually far easier to use catlog to export a line to add an app.

GrapeBandit

Feb 16, 2012
U.S.A. Inc.
"\[Xad\].*" It needs to match the rest of the string as well (".*"). Otherwise it will only match the exact text "[Xad]" and not "[Xad] blocked whatever".

You know you can disable notifications from SuperSU from within the SuperSU app. At any rate, there's no period at the end. The Xposed log shows you exactly what the text is. It could also be tripping over the non English characters. That which I have no control over.

Try ".*wurden Superuser-Rechte.*".

haha...the toast notifications were going wild since I flashed a new kk rom on my gs4. lightflow lite was out of control literally going off every 2 minutes. also had supersu and sd maid going off the hook. searched a way to disable the toast notifications and came across this thread. read a few pages in and found the above quoted post. as many years as I been flashing I never realized you can turn off toast inside the SU app. turned them off and havent had any toasts pop up yet, which leads to my next question. whats the point of this module since they can be turned off a lot easier and all without trying to pull your hair out while trhing to figure out how to write the code in the untoast app?

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
haha...the toast notifications were going wild since I flashed a new kk rom on my gs4. lightflow lite was out of control literally going off every 2 minutes. also had supersu and sd maid going off the hook. searched a way to disable the toast notifications and came across this thread. read a few pages in and found the above quoted post. as many years as I been flashing I never realized you can turn off toast inside the SU app. turned them off and havent had any toasts pop up yet, which leads to my next question. whats the point of this module since they can be turned off a lot easier and all without trying to pull your hair out while trhing to figure out how to write the code in the untoast app?
The short answer is: selectivity.

The long answer: Jelly Bean allows one to turn off notifications for any app; however, it's whole-app or nothing and includes both toasts and statusbar notifications. My mod allows one to block only toasts and only the ones one wants blocked.

Re SuperSU: That's the first setting I disable when I have to clear its data for whatever reason.

GrapeBandit

Feb 16, 2012
U.S.A. Inc.
The short answer is: selectivity.

The long answer: Jelly Bean allows one to turn off notifications for any app; however, it's whole-app or nothing and includes both toasts and statusbar notifications. My mod allows one to block only toasts and only the ones one wants blocked.

Re SuperSU: That's the first setting I disable when I have to clear its data for whatever reason.

gotcha. but why would someone want a toast notification? what am I missing:confused:

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
gotcha. but why would someone want a toast notification? what am I missing:confused:
From a developer POV, I imagine because they go away on their own rather than to be swiped away. That and they're significantly easier to do.

From a user POV (re SuperSU), some users are incredibly paranoid and need to know, at all times, what apps are accessing root.

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
I tried putting in the following de.schildbach.oeffi but it does not block the toasts from that app. Any ideas how to get it working? Toasts from Offi doesnt show up in logs as well...Thanks
If it makes its own toasts, there's nothing I can do.

Edit: It showed up in my log. Though I am limited in what I can do with that app - I am not in any supported region. I added a location to my favorites, it popped up a toast, then I checked the log and it was there.

Last edited:

Shaurya007

May 30, 2014
a short tutorial of using this app is greatly appreciated...
will u please tell us how to use it..coz its a bit difficult to understand what package name will b and what we have to write in the box below the box where package name is to b written..

catchjeff

Dec 21, 2011
Ok first off I am not an idiot but I am having a hard time getting this to work. From the directions all I should have to do it the following to get all toast notifications to stop
all
.*/

I even did
com.all.app
.*/

but I keep getting toast notifications and they are pissing me off especially when I am playing modern combat 5. They keep getting me killed when I am sneaking up on someone ready to slice their throat. WTF what am I doing wrong. I am not good when it comes to doing scripts.

Thanks all

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
Ok first off I am not an idiot but I am having a hard time getting this to work. From the directions all I should have to do it the following to get all toast notifications to stop
all
.*/

I even did
com.all.app
.*/

but I keep getting toast notifications and they are pissing me off especially when I am playing modern combat 5. They keep getting me killed when I am sneaking up on someone ready to slice their throat. WTF what am I doing wrong. I am not good when it comes to doing scripts.

Thanks all
Yeah... except the slash shouldn't be there.

all
.*

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Doesn't seem to be working on my Droid XyBoard running stock 4.1.2 using the "all" and ". *" setup. Does the UnToaster log auto run or do I have to enable it to save a log to post here?

Should UnToaster run on tablets just as it does phones?

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
Doesn't seem to be working on my Droid XyBoard running stock 4.1.2 using the "all" and ". *" setup. Does the UnToaster log auto run or do I have to enable it to save a log to post here?

Should UnToaster run on tablets just as it does phones?
It should run fine on any Android device.

I need the logcat (please filter the logcat per the OP) and Xposed error log. The built in log is informational for the user.

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
It should run fine on any Android device.

I need the logcat (please filter the logcat per the OP) and Xposed error log. The built in log is informational for the user.

Couldn't figure out how to save the UnToaster log to post. Xposed log attached. Toast not blocked when closing a window in chrome. Also changed the filename to .txt since .log files aren't allowed to post. If needed in .log format please change back from .txt.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• errorlog.txt
    41.6 KB · Views: 5

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
Couldn't figure out how to save the UnToaster log to post. Xposed log attached. Toast not blocked when closing a window in chrome. Also changed the filename to .txt since .log files aren't allowed to post. If needed in .log format please change back from .txt.

Thanks for the help.
You have a lot of errors, but none are mine. I need the logcat immediately after it fails (P.S. the logcat also contains my in-app log). Please filter it, I don't want an [some huge number] mb text file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    toaster.png

[size=+3]What is it?[/size]
    Devs these days think they need a toast for every little thing. I won't name names or apps, but you know what they are. Well, this module will block those pesky toasts with patterns or strings (escape all .?^&$*-()[]{} with \). See http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/regex/Pattern.html

[size=+3]Requirements![/size]
    * [size=+1]Xposed![/size] Get it here (Xposed repository) or here (XDA thread) and post any Xposed related issues in its thread.
    * Your Android smart device. UnToaster should* support Gingerbread and up (the OSs that Xposed supports).

[size=+3]Things to Note[/size]
    * I can't guarantee the functionality if this mood if you have another that also hooks into the Toast class. That said, this works with the latest Burnt Toast (1.0) and Buttered Toast (1.1).
    * I'm too lazy, and there's not much room for it anyway, to add a Copy button. This can be achieved by clicking the package name you want to copy, change the package name, and click Save. The original file will be preserved and a new file added.
    * Renaming is the same plus click the old one and click Delete.
    * If you have a bug, give me the error.log from Xposed and a logcat *in this thread* - PM logs will be missed or ignored.
    Code:
    tail -n 100 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log/error.log  >/sdcard/UnToaster.log;
    logcat -d | egrep "System\.err|UnToaster" >>/sdcard/UnToaster.log;
    ** I get very temperamental about this. I will not accept any bug report that just says that it's broken unless it contains the log.
    ** I'm not flashing a ROM or buy a phone just to debug your problem and I only have an SGS2 and an SGS4.
    * If you have a suggestion, post it. I will entertain just about any suggestion so long as it's feasible, practical, and within the scope of this mod.
    * Donations are accepted, but are neither required nor expected and currently, there are no perks for donating. Any donations will be logged. And should I add any perks, they will be retroactive.
    * If you would like it translated, translate it. You can get the strings.xml file from GitHub, but there's not much there to translate.

[size=+3]Examples[/size]
    * (-v1.2.6) To get the package name, you can look in the Xposed log after you see the toast.
    * (+v1.2.6) To get the package name, you can look in the logcat after you see the toast. Command line: logcat | grep "I/UnToaster"
    * A blank pattern box is the same as ".*".
    * (+v1.1.2) Using "all" as a package name will allow you to block the same pattern from all apps. Even newly installed ones. In 1.1.5 and up, you must put something in "all" or it won't get processed.
    Code:
    Connected to Wi-Fi.*
    .*successful
    .*loaded.*
    Can\'t find phone number [\d]{7,11}
    Can\'t find phone number 1{0,1} \([\d]{3}\) [\d]{3}[-\s][\d]{4}
    ^\[.*\].*

[size=+3]Screenshots[/size]
    Screenshot_2014-01-25-14-18-30.jpg Screenshot_2014-01-25-14-17-35.jpgScreenshot_2014-06-19-21-37-23.jpg

[size=+3]Disclaimer[/size]
    I am not responsible for your device. It you mess it up, it's your fault. Not mine. Not the app's. Yours and yours alone.

[size=+3]License[/size]
    Code:
    /*
     * Copyright 2014 Eric Gingell (c)
     *     UnToasted is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
     *     it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
     *     the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
     *     (at your option) any later version.
     *     UnToasted is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
     *     but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
     *     MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
     *     GNU General Public License for more details.
     *     You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
     *     along with UnToasted.  If not, see .
     */

[size=+3]Downloads and Source[/size]
    [size=+2]Source[/size]
    * GitHub

[size=+2]Current Version[/size]
    [size=+1]Version name: 1.2.8[/size]
    Download: com.egingell.untoaster_v20_8d0e67.apk (127.6 KB)
    MD5 checksum: 8d0e671eb5758345544b7c4cb4826629
    Changes: NPE's no longer shown in the log.

[size=+2]Older Versions[/size]

[size=+1]Version name: 1.2.7.1[/size]
    Download: com.egingell.untoaster_v19_29957f.apk (127.38 KB)
    MD5 checksum: 29957f2ac9f52fb419ea6252c977485e
    Changes: Oops. I forgot to "finish" the log activity when switching back to edit mode.

[size=+1]Version name: 1.2.7[/size]
    Download: com.egingell.untoaster_v18_be8cd5.apk (127.38 KB)
    MD5 checksum: be8cd5b9e54f88e595b54fc0a9b8f09d
    Changes: Added in-app logs.

[size=+1]Version name: 1.2.6[/size]
    Download: com.egingell.untoaster_v17_112263.apk (72.9 KB)
    MD5 checksum: 11226334106fd36542fd49ae3c01d351
    Changes: Using logcat instead of Xposed to log info (logcat | grep "UnToaster").

[size=+1]Version name: 1.2.5[/size]
    Download: com.egingell.untoaster_v16_706b5b.apk (72.9 KB)
    MD5 checksum: 706b5ba4191d47d60d4b1a6f730282a1
    Changes: Xposed v52 had issues with my module's constructor. I don't know why it suddenly cropped up, but there you have it.

[size=+1]Version name: 1.2.4[/size]
    Download: com.egingell.untoaster_v15_849860.apk (72.75 KB)
    MD5 checksum: 84986088b0ab42c13eba98ff3da7c5f1
    Changes: Per @rovo89 and @GermainZ in the Xposed Framework thread, I have switched my hook up slightly. It is unlikely that you, the user, will notice a difference.

More...

[size=+3]Other Notes[/size]
    * I haven't tested this on KitKat *, JB 4.3 *, ICS, or Gingerbread, but they may work just as well. * Other members have stated that this works on 4.3 and 4.4.
    * This doesn't work without an internal (built-in) SD card.
    * This was tested on Touchwiz JB 4.1.2 and JB 4.2.2 stock.

[size=+3]Thanks[/size]
    * @MohammadAG: For Buttered/Burnt Toast.
    * @defim: For suggesting that I cache compiled regex patterns.
    * @rovo89: For the Xposed framework without which this would not be possible.
    * The numerous people, @FemBlack, @wanam, MohammadAG, rovo89, @zst123, and many others, who posted their source code for me and others to look at and learn from.
    * MohammadAG, rovo89, @JamMasterClay, @GermainZ: For assisting me in figuring out the SharedPreferences dilemma.
    Does this still work on LP and MM?

I just tried this module for the first time. I'm only using it for one app so far but it appears to be working fine on 6.0.1
    For example....words with friends, or picsart. Any help appreciated on removing toast notification.

I'm on note3 vzw 4.3 rooted stock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That explains why it doesn't work with those apps. The toast thinks it's originating from the app that has the ad.

The next version will have a way to put in a pattern for all apps which should alleviate that issue. In the mean time you can use the pattern "\[Xad\].*" in a separate entry for each app. It's not case sensitive.

For example....words with friends, or picsart. Any help appreciated on removing toast notification.

I'm on note3 vzw 4.3 rooted stock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Try the attached*. Use "all" as the package name for blocking the same pattern from multiple apps.

Edit: *It's now linked in the OP.
    Great!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evanhe.nhfree
    works for me (Android 4.0.3). How can I ever repay you?

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

Thanks ... for quoting the entire OP.
    Actually one would think "Quick Reply" would quote less than "Reply". Also one isn't aware he is quoting more than one sees with "Quick Reply". So half the fault is the xda website.