[ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] [DM] [06/12/15]

Search This thread

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
I just flashed this today and installed CPU Spy and wakelock detector.. I noticed the battery seemed to be depleting faster than normal when it was just sitting idle. So I checked CPU Spy and it showed it was deep sleeping properly, however wakelock detector showed differently and reported that it wasn't deep sleeping much at all.

So I downloaded the latest unofficial CM11 nightly from milg (I think), installed it and used the same gapps as my JCsullins build install. That CM11 build (I think it was the 0817 build) sleeps properly as reported by both CPU Spy and wakelock detector. Battery drain is very minimal in standby on it.

Just an FYI for those talking about the deep sleep issue. I also have JCsullins 0409 build but I didn't try it.... Yet.

Tapatalked from my Note 3

Nick99EXB

Nov 28, 2007
Brooklyn
I was on 6/25 version but I noticed that in addition to the deep sleep issue that the WiFi would disconnect after some time sleeping but could not reconnect. I would try to go into setting to check my WiFi settings but settings would fail to load. I also noticed that after waking up it would fail to register my touches.

I was able to fix the deep sleep issue by disabling three google play services sub-services but the WiFi issue was too annoying so I reverted back to the 4/9 version and so far no problems.

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
currently running cm 10.1...

Currently running CM10.1 . I downloaded and installed updated CWM. However, the downloads of CM11 and gapps are not visible in any of the folders once I boot to CWM after download.

I see folders labeled 0, dmm, and clockwordmod ( <-- from memory, don't have device in front of me ). I even tried to use ES File Explorer to copy the files into those folders as they hang off root / , but they seem to disappear when I get back to CWM. So it looks like they are mount points once CM10.1 is booted, but from CWM, they are not mounted?

How can I get the files visible to CWM for install? Can I install straight from 10.1?

Last edited:

jharl

Nov 26, 2009
My Experience with HP touchpad.

I have not had a good experience with my HP Touchpad, ever since I got it used it would always reboot in the middle of something. What a pain in the *** . Well then I started using JCSulling HPToolbox and found the complete data wipe option. I used it then installed the Rom in this thread and I had no sound. Then I thought the touchpad must want the webos partition. Wiped it again the installed the webos partition and the the rom and I had sound again. took it for a test drive and I not longer have the reboot issue. I am looking at upgrading to [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][3.4 Kernel] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies but I am a bit nervous about that. I am sure that it is fine I think I really just want to enjoi my touchpad for now.

I want to thanks all involved in Developing of the android OS. NO I PHONE FOR ME.

jharl

agent00f

Mar 19, 2011
Similar but random crash/reboot issue

Any known fixes for video player crashing when trying to stream internet video?

I've tried MXPlayer, fiddled with Te settings, VLC, stock player...they all seem to freeze up and crash, sometimes causing TP to reboot.

Not sure this is limited to video, but some general kernel issue. I've had it on every CM11 build I've tried, even after clean flush with Toolbox and then April build install and June build on top but still has soft reboots (to CM logo, not bootloader) every other week including instances where video isn't involved (I mostly use it to browse reddit). Tried toggling various "performance" settings available (ART or no, memory mapping, scheduler) and uninstalling all root apps to no avail.

--

Another really annoying thing is that sometimes the battery will just randomly read 0% all of a sudden and the TP shuts down (presumably the correct reaction to the incorrect reading). Turn it back on and it works fine. This also happens every couple weeks, even when TP isn't in use (magically off when I go to use it).

Last edited:

Tired_

Nov 30, 2011
I did. Either jcsullin's kernel is identical to milaq's (which isn't what you said), or it need to have source published. Check the sticky. How am I gonna hack on this kernel with no sources?

Tired_

Nov 30, 2011
If you want access to Sullins source, I would suggest you go on IRC and ask him for it!

I suppose that's what I will have to do, once I figure out where it is on IRC that he might be. In the meantime, according to the XDA rules this is warez, and thus not permitted here. The GPL is a license, not a suggestion.

jos_thaihoa

Oct 5, 2009
Hi there, i have installed Jcsullins 06/25, and every thing seem be fine!! But, sometime when it locked and turn off the display, i can't wake up until i must restart it by holding power and home button! I think it stuck at deep sleep process! So, are there anyone can give me an advice!?? Tks so muc :(

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Rather than fill the thread with numerous posts about kernel source, I'll chime in here......

as per XDA rules, any modified kernel posted on XDA must have a link to kernel source. The source should be recent and up to date reflecting any changes, and be a compilable and operating kernel. If the kernel is "Stock-Factory", it must be stated. a link to their source would not be required, but is nice to add.

Note that changes to ramdisk are not required to be posted.

I'm confident the OP, @BIGSimon , will make sure this gets remedied.

So no more posts about it please.

Cheers!

MD

Nick99EXB

Nov 28, 2007
Brooklyn
Hi there, i have installed Jcsullins 06/25, and every thing seem be fine!! But, sometime when it locked and turn off the display, i can't wake up until i must restart it by holding power and home button! I think it stuck at deep sleep process! So, are there anyone can give me an advice!?? Tks so muc :(

I hade the same issue with 6/25 in addition to problems with WiFi and failure to enter deep sleep. My solution was to restore a backup of the 4/9 version and all my issues went away.

Reactions: jos_thaihoa

masdacheri

Nov 7, 2010

turn off google now hotworld

Reactions: jos_thaihoa

a40dayflud818

Nov 19, 2010
I have googled until my eyes dried up, does KitKat on the TP not have scrolling wallpaper?

Nevermind. I figured it out.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts