[Q] custom roms help please! thank you

Search This thread

CheesyColt

May 27, 2010
so ive been researching and searching for a good week now on custom/cooked rom's and such. and ive finnaly decided to take the leap of trying them.

My phone is an AT&T HTC Tilt 2. And all i want to do is put Co0kie's Home Tab on it. Thats it.

So after hours of researching i finnaly discoverd how to flash my phone.
i used this method ( xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=550131 )
and now my phone is flashed (or whatever exactly thats suppost to do) and ive checked over this with the tri-color method.

and so i figured now i could just load CHT on my phone and istall it and ide be done, nope thats apparently not how it works.

apparently i need something called Manila Sence 2.5 . So ive searched and searched all over the internet and cant seem to find it, or if i did maby find it, it contains no reall directions on how to install it.

so im really hoping somebody could just show me in the rite direction. ide really appreciate it.

Please if possible provide links. ESPECIALLY to the sence 2.5 program.

ALSO, does anyone know if Sence 2.5 supports landscape? cus ive read a few things saying only 2.1 supports landscape? please if you know anything let me know because im always using my keyboard for texting and such.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

sumflipnol

Aug 30, 2009
San Francisco
so ive been researching and searching for a good week now on custom/cooked rom's and such. and ive finnaly decided to take the leap of trying them.

My phone is an AT&T HTC Tilt 2. And all i want to do is put Co0kie's Home Tab on it. Thats it.

So after hours of researching i finnaly discoverd how to flash my phone.
i used this method ( xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=550131 )
and now my phone is flashed (or whatever exactly thats suppost to do) and ive checked over this with the tri-color method.

and so i figured now i could just load CHT on my phone and istall it and ide be done, nope thats apparently not how it works.

apparently i need something called Manila Sence 2.5 . So ive searched and searched all over the internet and cant seem to find it, or if i did maby find it, it contains no reall directions on how to install it.

so im really hoping somebody could just show me in the rite direction. ide really appreciate it.

Please if possible provide links. ESPECIALLY to the sence 2.5 program.

ALSO, does anyone know if Sence 2.5 supports landscape? cus ive read a few things saying only 2.1 supports landscape? please if you know anything let me know because im always using my keyboard for texting and such.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Sense 2.5 (aka Manila 2.5) is available in almost every ROM in the ROM Development section. It's basically like TouchFlo3D or Sense 2.1, but it has the quicklinks at the bottom of the Home Tab.

You must flash a ROM that contains Sense 2.5 (you can't just manually install it via cabs).

The recent builds of Sense 2.5 are landscape-supported, albeit not perfect. For example, the Documents Tab isn't perfectly aligned, but the essential Tabs (tabs that are in TF3D and Sense 2.1) are supported in landscape.