[Q] ZTE Boost N9520 Max

Search This thread

damaso1986

Feb 19, 2014
rooting the boost max n9520

The answer is yes there is a way to root the new zte n9520 aka boost max as i have 2 of them and there both rooted however there is no custom recovery yet. You can do so by downloading the pc app kingo and putting your device in adb debug mode. Once done connect your device to your pc and click on root. I have mines working also update the superuser app installed but before you update it open the original and agree to the terms and then install binaries. if you have any questions email me at damasodiaz86@live.com thank you

damaso1986

Feb 19, 2014
Philz Custom Recovery

I found a better faster way that you can even do it without a pc really. So first you are going to want to download the recovery I uploaded. Once you have it downloaded you are going to extract the file to the root of your sd card or your phone (I think I had it on both just incase it didn't work on one) then after you have it on your phone you are going to take off your computer and open up play store and search for an app called FLASHIFY and install it on your phone. When you open flashify its going to ask you to grant permission grant it. Then agree with disclaimer. Okay once in the main app you will see boot image and recovery image and zip file. You are going to click on recovery image a pop up will ask choose a file download twrp download cwm cancel you are going to click on choose file. Scroll down til you see sdcard click on that. Now when you scroll down you should see the recovery img you copied in there you will know its the image because right next to it there will be a circle with the lighting on it. you are going to click on that. Its going to ask you if you want to flash that file you are going to select yup! and once it done it will ask you if you want to reboot or continue select reboot now it will reboot into your new recovery.

heres the link copy it and paste it

androidforums.com/iconic-phablet-all-things-root/832497-recovery-philz-touch-6-19-2-need-testers.html

el_venga

May 17, 2007
diag mode for n9520 is ##3424# but it asks for MSL/SPC. im still trying to figure out how to get it.

olvlad

May 28, 2012
fish mode

You can put Max in diag by typing *983*87274# in dialer and choosing "all functions"
But I still can't figure how to read MSL/SPC...

djbuxx

Jan 9, 2015
anyone got the stock .tar for this? mine accidentally got factory reset after root and im trying to use odin to unbrick it. i found the stock rom in zip but i cant seem to make that work...

Reactions: MANLEY7878

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any Ideas on rooting a ZTE Boost N9520 Max?
    anyone got the stock .tar for this? mine accidentally got factory reset after root and im trying to use odin to unbrick it. i found the stock rom in zip but i cant seem to make that work...