Update rooted SGH-i537 to kitkat

Search This thread

Papote13

Mar 9, 2011
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537 on version 4.3 with baseband version I537UCUAMF1 and build JSS15J.I537UCUBML2. I had rooted it with saferoot. I still have a couple of months left on my warranty.

I want to to upgrade to the latest kitkat version but am unsure which route to take.

Any help?

HerbGirl

Jun 7, 2012
VenCo.CA.
What I did was reflash the stock 4.3 and then I just took the update via Wi-Fi (it did take about 40 mins for the update to download and reboot) Then I rooted with towelroot. Easy as pie. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Papote13

Mar 9, 2011
What I did was reflash the stock 4.3 and then I just took the update via Wi-Fi (it did take about 40 mins for the update to download and reboot) Then I rooted with towelroot. Easy as pie. :)

Given my baseband and build version which stock version of 4.3 should I reflash to?
Would reflashing remove evidence of previous root?

Last edited:

Papote13

Mar 9, 2011
Ok. I flashed the Stock 4.3 with ODIN and since I don't have a AT&T SIM card, I did the SD Card Recovery Mode update and everything is well.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: HerbGirl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok. I flashed the Stock 4.3 with ODIN and since I don't have a AT&T SIM card, I did the SD Card Recovery Mode update and everything is well.
    Thanks!