i9500 can't install recovery (Fixed)

Search This thread

LittleHedgehog

Jan 10, 2014
Hi everyone. I was using my phone with stock rom for a while ans I wanted to pass to Miui cuz I heard 4.4.2 will be released soon.

I downloaded TWRP and tried to flash as I did everytime before with Odin. I flashed it and it rebooted, odin showed Pass with no errors, but when I tried to launch the recovery, it is still stock. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I flashed it like this before and they always worked but this is not working. Is there another way to install this? I don't have root access but it wasn't an issue before. I have the usb drivers installed and debugging on. It was tricky to install drivers on Win 8.1 but it seems like installed correctly as it didn't showed an error.

Waiting for an answer please. I hate this exynos phone but my parents just not allowing me to sell this. :(

Last edited:

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Hi everyone. I was using my phone with stock rom for a while ans I wanted to pass to Miui cuz I heard 4.4.2 will be released soon.

I downloaded TWRP and tried to flash as I did everytime before with Odin. I flashed it and it rebooted, odin showed Pass with no errors, but when I tried to launch the recovery, it is still stock. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I flashed it like this before and they always worked but this is not working. Is there another way to install this? I don't have root access but it wasn't an issue before. I have the usb drivers installed and debugging on. It was tricky to install drivers on Win 8.1 but it seems like installed correctly as it didn't showed an error.

Waiting for an answer please. I hate this exynos phone but my parents just not allowing me to sell this. :(

Maybe try it with CWM? Here is the link for the latest version:
https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/i9500/philz_touch_6.48.4-i9500.tar.md5/

Last edited:

LittleHedgehog

Jan 10, 2014
You tried to install one in the stock recovery? A zip file of the Recovery?

I tried installing Miui in the stock rom but it didn't work. Perhaps the last updates did something? Cuz I was able to do this with ease. Maybe downgrading to the first stock 4.4.2 will work but it takes a lot of time and I'm sick of this. Thanks anyway, I'll boost your thanks meter by one more for trying to help :)

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
I tried installing Miui in the stock rom but it didn't work. Perhaps the last updates did something? Cuz I was able to do this with ease. Maybe downgrading to the first stock 4.4.2 will work but it takes a lot of time and I'm sick of this. Thanks anyway, I'll boost your thanks meter by one more for trying to help :)

The rom you are currently on has nothing to do with your inability to flash the recovery. It's a completely different thing.

Uncheck auto-reboot before you flash the recovery. That should probably fix it.

Reactions: LittleHedgehog

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City

Thanks man :)
You can maybe look for the latest official firmware from samsung and flash it. And after that try again the recovery. Here the Link: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please give me a feedback if it works or not. And if I help you please hit thanks man :)

The rom you are currently on has nothing to do with your inability to flash the recovery. It's a completely different thing.

Uncheck auto-reboot before you flash the recovery. That should probably fix it.