[ROM-AOSP][BL1.2]G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.7 (UPDATED 3/15)

Search This thread

arizonaomnia

May 29, 2009
I am very frustrated. I am trying to flash this, but I get stuck at the Viewsonic birds screen for periods of up to fifteen minutes before giving up and going back into recovery. I am using ClockworkMod and am coming from CM7. Additionally, I have followed the instructions on page two of this guide regarding formatting system and data in mounts and storage, clearing data with a CWM-based factory reset, clearing Dalvik, and the reflashing the ROM.

Any ideas? The CM7 I am using on my G Tablet at the moment is flaky at best, and everybody keeps saying how great this ROM is. I followed the instructions in the sticky in this forum to determine if i have 1.1 or 1.2, and I do not have the correct identifying information in About Phone, probably because I am using CWM and CM7.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

pqrs

Dec 5, 2010
Eagle Id.
been running this for the past week, not bad! everything seems to work well, the only problems ive had are sometimes it wont wake up without a reboot, and occasionally when waking up itll make a hissing sound until i restart it. but ive seen that problem on a number of roms, so it might be a hardware thing?:confused:
but all in all.. nice rom!

Reactions: tjohnsonjr

wcherin

Apr 7, 2011
Flashed this last night on my gtab that been sitting for a long time as I couldn't ever get a rom that work well. I have to say this is one of the best ones to date,no Fc's yet and touch screen isn't wonky with games like Temple Run.

Keep up the good work!

schremer

Oct 19, 2009
Please could anyone provide an additional download mirror? Hopelessly trying to download for two days already:(

Sent from my Adam using XDA

junooni

Jul 2, 2007
Dubai
hi all. I want to know if this rom supports hardware acceleration?

I want to be able to run 1080p videos. Also I believe the camera is working on this rom?

sorry but I've been running honeycomb since I got my tab but now want to use Skype and hd video. if there's any other rom I should flash,please point me to it.

thanks

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
hi all. I want to know if this rom supports hardware acceleration?

I want to be able to run 1080p videos. Also I believe the camera is working on this rom?

sorry but I've been running honeycomb since I got my tab but now want to use Skype and hd video. if there's any other rom I should flash,please point me to it.

thanks

I believe this ROM like other 2.3.x ROM still lack hardware acceleration support. So chances on getting 1080p video playback will not happen unless you downgrade to a froyo 2.2 ROM. For great 1080p video playback suggest using the DRH ICS ROM or check up on it from time to times to see how the progress goes. Camera doesn't currently work with it for Skype, but video playback is awesome.

persichini

Dec 2, 2010
DFW
Bluetooth HID not working

So I tried to connect a bluetooth keyboard using this rom and it says its paired but never connects.. I did some searching and noticed that the Generic.kl and Generic.kmc.bin files are missing from the system folder. I haven't been able to find Gingerbread versions of either of these. Am I looking in the right are to fix this or am i missing something else?

nyciz

Nov 9, 2007
NYC - now in NE PA or ATL
Headphones not working...

Hi all, love the GB rom, its much more stable than most ICS that at least I have tried on the Gtab.

When I plug in headphones the sound continues to play thru the device speakers.

Thx

B3ATTY

Feb 5, 2011
Just a quick note of thanks.
I've switched from DRH, chasing better stability and speed, and haven't been disappointed.

lupacche

Oct 28, 2008
Terni
Hi and thanks for this rom, I just flashed it and I noticed that the 3G modem is disabled/not working. Is this supposed to be like this or not? I have a working sim card that I've been using with a Froyo rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7 built from source.

Thanks to Preludedrew and Gojimi(for all your help), Kornyone, The Cyanogenmod team, Leonnib4, roebeet, pershoot, and all the devs out there.

*YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. If you get stuck on the "android" screen, in Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>format system and format data. Then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Then reflash the Rom.

G-HARMONY GINGERBREAD v2.8

http://dev-host.org/N2i

*AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7
    *Zeam Launcher
    *Stock Gingerbread Launcher
    *Pershoot 2.6.32.48 kernel
    *FLAC support
    *GAPPS ARE NOW INCLUDED(Google Play Store is included)
    *Power toggles in the Notification dropdown
    *ICS Transitions
    *Home,Menu, and Back soft keys
    *Adhoc support
    *Added code to support mouse pointer with bluetooth mouse from CM(untested)
    *All apks were PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
    *ICS icons and Wallpapers
    *Honeycomb Wallpapers(by GFX Android)
    *Battery percentage in the notification bar
    *Transparent notification pulldown
    *Bluetooth HID for bluetooth keyboard, mouse and Wiimote support
    *File Manager
    Know issues: Youtube HD will not play.
    I followed above instructions and gtab will only boot back to cwm recovery screen, any ideas ?

1)You to nvflash back to stock
    2)Flash CWM
    3)Wipe data, and format data and format system

FYI, there is no need to use nvflash to fix this. It's simpler to use the techniques mentioned here. I've also gone into some detail on why this happens, here.
    So I am trying to flash this rom after removing CM7. However, Its been sitting at the "Android" screen for over 30 minutes. Does this use a different partition than the usual 2048 / 0 ?

No it doesn't. Try wipe data/factory reset, then go to mounts and storage>format data and format system. Then reflash the ROM.
    In the title of this entire thread, says [BL1.2] so im assuming its meant torwards Bootloader 1.2, and not 1.1.

Thank you TJ for bringing something back, ive been wanting to let my younger family use the G-tab but i had nothing stable on it.

Your efforts are never overlooked. Ill report updates for other end-users, to help. :)
    Just a quick note of thanks.
    I've switched from DRH, chasing better stability and speed, and haven't been disappointed.