Intrusive ads? Post here!

Search This thread

PuffMaN

Nov 2, 2012
Antwerp
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Heh, when i was 10 we didnt even had internet.. But thats like 20 years ago..
I feel old...

Sent from my HTC Desire with Tapatalk Red because my XDA Premium app is beeing a female dog!

W

Wolf Pup

Heh, when i was 10 we didnt even had internet.. But thats like 20 years ago..
I feel old...

Sent from my HTC Desire with Tapatalk Red because my XDA Premium app is beeing a female dog!

Lol. I was lurking XDA then to try and upgrade my "un-upgradable" passed on Win Mo device. Man, did that little search evolve into nearly 2000 posts and 200 thanks...

I know 200 thanks is little, but I don't contribute much after certain IRL incidents (theft).

Sent with my Sonic Screwdriver

PuffMaN

Nov 2, 2012
Antwerp
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
annoying russian woman ads that want to marry me ...
screenshot in attachment.
link to ad > here< DO NOT CLICK IT!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 118

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN

PuffMaN

Nov 2, 2012
Antwerp
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Well, i dont know if u noticed, but when im surfing on a desktop, i use my linux box. Havent searched for an adblocker yet, but will do when i fire it up again. Maybe there is one available in the repositories.

seraos

Oct 3, 2010
Animal ads are killing me

I guys is just me or this ad about animals are getting anoing, we cant come to xda listening a music on the computer, and sometimes are multiples animals doing difrent sounds realy anoing :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

farang4u

Aug 31, 2008
LOS
It's not really intrusive, but I'm getting tired at looking at it. It's kinda gross. At least the lady with bright red skin and the face lift one are not showing up lately.

Attachments

• ads.JPG
    ads.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 208

andrewilley

Mar 17, 2006
Birmingham
The banner, inline, and square-box ads on this site have all turned into blocks of Chinese-looking text for me. It doesn't alter on page refreshes either. I threw some of it into Google Translate and it just looks to be a series of random words and phrases (rather like those spam posts which are used to hide referencing links in forums). Anyone else seeing it too? Only happening on XDA, other sites show me the usual Google ads, AdChoices, etc.

Andre

Attachments

• XDA-capture.jpg
    XDA-capture.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
I have been getting these "hot girls" ads for a few days now that it is really annoying. Especially when I am at work trying to browse XDA forums.

Here is the screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/2nXNTtW.jpg

I dont wanna use adblocker. You can do something about it hopefully? :)

Last edited:

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
Lmao, that is sick.
Does clearing your cache stop those ads?

These ads are targetted at country IP I guess casue I get those in every pc I browse. At home or work doesnt matter lol.

I dont mind some boobs and boots but you know they are annoying when at work.

Or at home when missus peeks at my screen. :angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The internet is full of advertisments and let's face it, almost every site that has an ounce of traffic uses ad revenue. The intention of xda is not to burden its members with ads that distract from the user experience. With that being said, if you have a problematic ad, please take a screenshot of the ad and post here so admin can take care of it. right now, that is the solution in place.

Thanks for your help in keeping XDA "intrusive ad free".

XDA:DevDB Information
    Intrusive ads? Post here!, ROM for the General Discussion

Contributors
    TheRomMistress
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2016-03-03
    Last Updated 2016-03-03
    +1 Im annoyed with these redirected fake sites and sites that auto start downloading mobogenie apk

Its Going To Be LEGEND--Wait For it--DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)

+2 Avast is now blocking the entire xda site whenever these adds pop up.

Is this forum a ship with no captain, this has been going on for nearly a week, do the owners not care at all?
    time to do something

So tonight I drop by and am confronted with an ad that obscures a large portion of the bottom screen. It is inescapable and makes the site unreadable so I click it in the hope that it goes away after the obligatory popup... no such luck. It remains on the page. I go to scroll the page and trigger another ad on the right hand side. Christ almighty, can xda please accept some responsibility for the general usability of the site? Right now it's not happening and the site is borderline stupid to use. Ive been around a long time here and have heard every argument about ads and their role in modern development... I get it, I support it and want every dev to wildly succeed. This isn't about that. This is about xda making a decision to commit to usability and striking a better balance between content and advertising than what we have today because its not working as it stands. Thanks for the rant
    Just want you guys to know we're monitoring this thread.

We want you to have a good browsing experience. Thanks for the heads up and keep it coming.
    For last couple of weeks, I've been experiencing an EXTREMELY ANNOYING pop-up ads problem on XDA Forums. It's so frustrating I cannot browse this forum from my phone anymore. And it's definately not about my device/software. I tried every possible software solution but still no luck and I have this problem on more than one device. All these spam/ads are coming from the same website: itt-edu.us and they these ads claim that I have virus on my device, my device is slow or outdated etc and they redirect me to some software called 360 Security on Play Store. These ads keeps poping up unless I close the tab in browser. Here are some screenshots from these ads I've been talking about, they are all in Turkish(my native language): http://imgur.com/a/Yam1D
    Here is a thread about the issue from another user: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6/help/question-spam-t3278835
    And here is a thread from a local forum, these people also claim that issue is about XDA itself not our devices: http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_112937991/tm.htm