[PRJ] WM 6.5.3 Professional on Samsung GT-C6625 // PUBLIC RELEASE!

Search This thread

Thekn

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2009
www.facebook.com
Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional running on
Samsung GT-C6625 a.k.a Valencia (Non-Touchscreen)
by tj_style

j67ekl.jpg

Update 16-10-2010:

Hello everybody!

Finally it's here, the public release of WM 6.5.3 Professional for the Samsung GT-C6625 a.k.a Valencia.
tj_style managed to get the ROM more stable by rewriting the Keyboard Drivers and by adding the Softkey Buttons
to the Hardware Buttons.

This took him a lot of time! He's been busy for a couple of weeks only to fix the keyboard by rewriting
the Keyboard Drivers himself. So If you like this project, and if you want to keep this project alive:

(Right Top Option for changing Language to English)

Be aware: This is still a Beta Version. Follow the right flashing tutorials and keep in mind:
Flashing Custom ROMs to your Device is Illegal, you'll lose any warranty and there is a possibility to "brick" your Device.
Keep that in mind! We are not responsible for this!

Happy Flashing!

Kaskus.us Community:
This device doesn't had a lot of development until a half a year ago. At the Kaskus Valencia Lounge they started to cook the first WM 6.5 ROMs for the Samsung Device and until now there are a couple of custom ROMs (thanks to the Kitchen of tj_style), Apps and Tweaks, not only for this device but also compatible with all Smartphone Devices. Some Apps are the first one ever for WM Smartphone Devices. This Lounge is very active and has new Apps and Tweaks every week.

Everyone thinks the Smartphone Development is dead, but this Lounge/Community is bringing WM Standard back to life!

About the Project:
The latest big news I wanna to talk about is the process of Porting WM 6.5.3 to the Samsung Valencia. It's done before, but that was WM 6.5 and it was for the HTC Tornado. That Chef broke his Device only a couple of weeks later so there isn't improvement and development anymore, that project is dead now. Now, the first beta ROM is released only for 2 persons (except from the Chef of course), that includes me and a other person of the Kaskus Community. We are testing it and working on it to make it better and more compatible with the Valencia Device.

Knowing Problem on beta 3:
- Camera not work – can use CollCamera (photo and video work but no preview) –> CoolCamera
- Power Button not work – can use Power off and Reboot application on Utilities folder
- Typing problem on Connection setting – Must use MyMobiler and type from PC –> MyMobiler
- Close button work but “ok” not work – must use fake cursor
- Problem with some application that use Internet Explorer Connection Setting - IE problem

Setup:
Flashing Tutorial by Thekn
0. Your Device must have a Full Battery
1. Download the ROM
2. Connect the Data Cable to your PC/Laptop (XP recommend)
3. Turn off your Device
4. Plug your Data Cable into your Device
5. Open the file "PDAFLASH_ActiveSyncTotal (1016). Exe" from the Folder "Update" (the extracted Folder)
6. Click on the green Button (Start Downloading)
7. Turn on your Device by pressing and holding the Power and the Upper Volume Button to get into Bootloader Mode
8. The Flashing Process will start
If you get a message about that there aren't any Drivers installed:
- Download the DRIVERS.zip: Download
- Extract the DRIVERS.zip on your Desktop
- In the message about the Drivers choose:
No, not this time -> Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) -> Then it will auto search for the Drivers and auto install it!

9. After the Flashing Process the Device will restart, than leave it for a couple of minutes (it will install some things and it
will Auto Configure your SIM Operator Settings, then it will restart again.
10. After everything is completed: Please Hard Reset after Flashing!!! And repeat step 9

After flashing and initdb process finish, drag cursor from top to bottom screen, and then install the following application:

- sdkcertsnew2015.cab <– on My Documents Folder
- KeymapFix.cab <– on My Documents Folder
- Network_Wizard_2009.cab <– on Remora Pro Folder

Download + Password:
Download + Mirrors: http://blog.sobir.in/software/valencia-remora-pro-v1-0-beta3.html
Password: d0b41563-b345-4444-aa15-986e7c7fff99

[/FONT]

Last edited:

ian888

May 7, 2010
Surabaya
woooww... nice one... great job... mr. TJ.. n Thekn.. very good colaboration.. :)
i'm gonna be waiting for the release...

ferizkurniawan

Jul 1, 2010
Malang
great job, this is what i'm waiting for.

but, is there any compatibility issue when using windows mobile pro software?, as we know, valencia use landscape screen and 320x240 of resolution, and other ppc device use portrait screen 240x320. or may be to fix this problem windows mobile in this device (6625) can rotate it's screen to opposite resolution it self when running ppc software.

sorry for my bad lang. :)

Apr 27, 2010
great job, this is what i'm waiting for.

but, is there any compatibility issue when using windows mobile pro software?, as we know, valencia use landscape screen and 320x240 of resolution, and other ppc device use portrait screen 240x320. or may be to fix this problem windows mobile in this device (6625) can rotate it's screen to opposite resolution it self when running ppc software.

sorry for my bad lang. :)

its new era bro mr TJ don't take DONOR ROM from PPC Handset which is not have WM with latest build

he take Donor from 320 x 240 (lanscape) device such as omnia pro 4 or aspen
So no compability problem

as far as i know the complicated problem is how to remapping de keypad but he already working on it about 75%

Thekn

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2009
www.facebook.com
That's a good ROM. but, how can we open the Start Menu? :confused:

- Pressing Home Button: Opening Start Menu
- Holding Home Button: Opening Task Manager
- Holding the Volume Button: Opening Task Switcher
- Pressing the Internet Button: Enable/Disable the Fake Mouse

But remember, this is only in the Developers Build, maybe it will be different in the Release!;)

ferizkurniawan

Jul 1, 2010
Malang
its new era bro mr TJ don't take DONOR ROM from PPC Handset which is not have WM with latest build

he take Donor from 320 x 240 (lanscape) device such as omnia pro 4 or aspen
So no compability problem

as far as i know the complicated problem is how to remapping de keypad but he already working on it about 75%

so it's not big deal to run any software made for wm pro isn't it?.

hmm, interesting.

MIKELOVESPB

Apr 22, 2010
GA
Would this works with any device? non touchscreen ......I have a HTC Excalibur..
sorry. Didn't. See the post before. Mine ........

Last edited:

PPCApache

Aug 15, 2006
Perth
(H) Very interesting... just wondering would this work on the Moto Q9h? curruntly has WM 6.0 only AT&T got the 6.1 update...

Spipis

Jun 9, 2009
Perfect,this work give us hope that MAYBE we will see also WP7 on our Non-Touchscreen Phones like my Htc Snap

Spiaatie

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 28, 2008
Jūrmala
www.spiaatie.com
Stop asking questions about other devices - ROMs are device specific and this ROM will work only on SAMSUNG GT-C6625.

A while ago I did try WM6.5.3 PRO on Samsung SGH-i617 also.
Spiaatie_SGH_i617_WM653.jpg
Spiaatie_SGH_i617_WM653_2.jpg

@Spipis

People can't get WP7 running on HD2 and you are dreaming to run it on Snap. LOL :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional running on
    Samsung GT-C6625 a.k.a Valencia (Non-Touchscreen)
    by tj_style

j67ekl.jpg

Update 16-10-2010:

Hello everybody!

Finally it's here, the public release of WM 6.5.3 Professional for the Samsung GT-C6625 a.k.a Valencia.
    tj_style managed to get the ROM more stable by rewriting the Keyboard Drivers and by adding the Softkey Buttons
    to the Hardware Buttons.

This took him a lot of time! He's been busy for a couple of weeks only to fix the keyboard by rewriting
    the Keyboard Drivers himself. So If you like this project, and if you want to keep this project alive:

(Right Top Option for changing Language to English)

Be aware: This is still a Beta Version. Follow the right flashing tutorials and keep in mind:
    Flashing Custom ROMs to your Device is Illegal, you'll lose any warranty and there is a possibility to "brick" your Device.
    Keep that in mind! We are not responsible for this!

Happy Flashing!

Kaskus.us Community:
    This device doesn't had a lot of development until a half a year ago. At the Kaskus Valencia Lounge they started to cook the first WM 6.5 ROMs for the Samsung Device and until now there are a couple of custom ROMs (thanks to the Kitchen of tj_style), Apps and Tweaks, not only for this device but also compatible with all Smartphone Devices. Some Apps are the first one ever for WM Smartphone Devices. This Lounge is very active and has new Apps and Tweaks every week.

Everyone thinks the Smartphone Development is dead, but this Lounge/Community is bringing WM Standard back to life!

About the Project:
    The latest big news I wanna to talk about is the process of Porting WM 6.5.3 to the Samsung Valencia. It's done before, but that was WM 6.5 and it was for the HTC Tornado. That Chef broke his Device only a couple of weeks later so there isn't improvement and development anymore, that project is dead now. Now, the first beta ROM is released only for 2 persons (except from the Chef of course), that includes me and a other person of the Kaskus Community. We are testing it and working on it to make it better and more compatible with the Valencia Device.

Knowing Problem on beta 3:
    - Camera not work – can use CollCamera (photo and video work but no preview) –> CoolCamera
    - Power Button not work – can use Power off and Reboot application on Utilities folder
    - Typing problem on Connection setting – Must use MyMobiler and type from PC –> MyMobiler
    - Close button work but “ok” not work – must use fake cursor
    - Problem with some application that use Internet Explorer Connection Setting - IE problem

Setup:
    Flashing Tutorial by Thekn
    0. Your Device must have a Full Battery
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Connect the Data Cable to your PC/Laptop (XP recommend)
    3. Turn off your Device
    4. Plug your Data Cable into your Device
    5. Open the file "PDAFLASH_ActiveSyncTotal (1016). Exe" from the Folder "Update" (the extracted Folder)
    6. Click on the green Button (Start Downloading)
    7. Turn on your Device by pressing and holding the Power and the Upper Volume Button to get into Bootloader Mode
    8. The Flashing Process will start
    If you get a message about that there aren't any Drivers installed:
    - Download the DRIVERS.zip: Download
    - Extract the DRIVERS.zip on your Desktop
    - In the message about the Drivers choose:
    No, not this time -> Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) -> Then it will auto search for the Drivers and auto install it!

9. After the Flashing Process the Device will restart, than leave it for a couple of minutes (it will install some things and it
    will Auto Configure your SIM Operator Settings, then it will restart again.
    10. After everything is completed: Please Hard Reset after Flashing!!! And repeat step 9

After flashing and initdb process finish, drag cursor from top to bottom screen, and then install the following application:

- sdkcertsnew2015.cab <– on My Documents Folder
    - KeymapFix.cab <– on My Documents Folder
    - Network_Wizard_2009.cab <– on Remora Pro Folder

Download + Password:
    Download + Mirrors: http://blog.sobir.in/software/valencia-remora-pro-v1-0-beta3.html
    Password: d0b41563-b345-4444-aa15-986e7c7fff99

[/FONT]
    mine's a HTC TYTN2 with a busted touchscreen.

will this work with a non-responsive tocuhscreen? i have a shifu win-mo 6.5 version and i'm a newbie at this.

please advise. thanks!

no sorry, read the first post: it's only for the Samsung GT-C6625 a.k.a Valencia
    Based on your test, can we try to apply this to our own SGH i617? How did it work when you tried it on your SGH i617? Thanks!

check the title: it only support the samsung gt-c6625
    Remora Pro ROM further development

Hey buddy first of all, I cant wait to thank you again for this awsome job. There are a few questions regarding further enhancement of the Remora Pro ROM :
    1. Is the Remora Pro capable of successfully running all pocket pc applications ? ( I tried but still only smartphone software can be run, even though it is a WM professional ROM )
    2. Is it possible to integrate the hardware keyboard universally as in case of tying in java applets in Esmertec JBed ? (specially for typing in opera mini java version )
    Hey buddy first of all, I cant wait to thank you again for this awsome job. There are a few questions regarding further enhancement of the Remora Pro ROM :
    1. Is the Remora Pro capable of successfully running all pocket pc applications ? ( I tried but still only smartphone software can be run, even though it is a WM professional ROM )
    2. Is it possible to integrate the hardware keyboard universally as in case of tying in java applets in Esmertec JBed ? (specially for typing in opera mini java version )

1. Only WM Professional Apps that are made for a QVGA Device (320x240).
    2. Maybe, but i don't know if that's going to be implanted because the Keyboard Drivers are hand made!;)