ICS (aurora) vs stock gingerbread

Search This thread

dustofdeath

Feb 26, 2012
So besides extra apps and features... would there be any changes performance wise.

Could i expect any optimizations for filesystem (tho ginger should be ext4 already), better multitasking / cpu and ram management. Or would ICS actually use more system resources.

So if i were not to upgrade cuz its the latest and to "go with the flow" .. .what real advantages would i have on u8800 with ICS over ginger.

And yes i know the release isnt perfect yet (but lets assume the bugs were fixed).

Or its just ...for the sake of having a new version..

dustofdeath

Feb 26, 2012
Battery? on idle/low load or ... eg when gaming (high cpu load etc)?

But is the performance overall (gaming mainly - aint gonna notice much with most apps anyways).

Also hows the ICS rooting (the aurora one) - already rooted?

Any features for the gaming side (like better opengl etc).

ofc x5 sets hardware limits (unless even ginger doesn't unlock its full potential).

MpApQ

Sep 22, 2011
Gondomar
www.marioqueiros.com
I say about battery when I stay many hours with wifi on surfing, downloading, etc etc..

I didnt tested with games...

I think I have my ICS rooted, but know you ask, i will confirm that LOL

russkinz

Nov 1, 2010
Christchurch
Performance is considerably better than stock 2.3, about par with MIUI 2.3. Game performance is excellent, however beware that some games may not work because they're just not compatable with ICS. There are also apps not compatable with ICS, so if there's anything you desperately want to use with ICS, check the developer's info first.

peixotorms

Apr 24, 2012
I think you have to try it to see for your self.

I was afraid that changing to ics would make my phone not as good or fast as te official... but believe me, it's like I have a completely new phone.

It's much faster in every thing and the battery lasts much more that GB.
Wireless speed is faster but ping is higher.

Go for Aurora mod and you wont regret it.
With the clockworkmod it's very easy to change back to official 2.3.5 anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The battery on ICS lasts for much more time that on GB. The performance looks nice, very fast, the wifi its faster than GB. And of course, the design of ICS its amazing!