Themed Swype

Search This thread

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Ether
Different colors at the bottom, delete the color from the file name when placing on sdcard. i.e. blueupdate.zip > update.zip

MUST BE DEODEXED

All Swypes have matching tracers

All these are for 2.2, there is no reason you shouldnt be on 2.2

Original images from bilbobrian, just some extra days on my part getting it to you

As always do a back up

If on 2.2 and have boot strapper installed to use this update .zip, throw it on sd card, open droid x bootstraper reboot to recovery, apply update.zip, reboot done!

........ without bootstrapper method...........

if you want just the apk for a different color just extract it from the update.zip file

use root explorer or other app to make a copy of your original app ( its in system/app)

First you must remove swype.apk from system/app
any way of your choosing, terminal or adb, then reboot.

follow the following directions

Put the .apk on your sdcard, navigate to it with astro or your fav file browser, open the apk and choose install. If it still says only gives you the option to uninstall, you didnt uninstall correctly.

if you can get it to show up after install go into settings and keyboard and make sure swype is checked

DONE

................ If you somehow botched it...............

restore your back up.

If you were careless enough to not do a back up and your on 2.2 get a clean download here.. MY droid world 2.2 follow those instructions.

then download file again, your last one might of been bad. When in recovery go to mounts and mount system, then install the zip

Red

Blue to match galaxy s

original 2.1 theme for 2.2 w/ grey tracer swype icons are off, im working on it

Green w/ green tracer

Orange

Black w/ white trace now in less blurry flavor

Themed stock keyboard

Dark Blue

Pink Page 11 for screenie

For all those that pm me to buy me a
BEER , this is how. Dont forget about the original creator of the images, bilbobrian

Attachments

• SwypeRef_PT_Standard_CapsLock_wBlue_VGA.jpg
    SwypeRef_PT_Standard_CapsLock_wBlue_VGA.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 961
  • SwypeRef_PT_Standard_Shifted_wBlue_VGA.png
    SwypeRef_PT_Standard_Shifted_wBlue_VGA.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,364
  • SwypeRef_PT_Standard_wBlue_VGA.png
    SwypeRef_PT_Standard_wBlue_VGA.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,062
  • galaxys.jpg
    galaxys.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 930
  • blknwht.png
    blknwht.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited:

nemesis000000

Dec 12, 2009
Finally got the Black Droid Does themed swype working. This is for the X only, landscape mode is different than other versions out there.

Want it?

First you must take full responsibility for the actions you are about to take.

Download the attached link. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QVWKWYK8 Put the .apk on your sdcard.

*optional (using astro or root explorer) Navigate to your system/app folder, find the existing swype.apk and rename to .bak

Open terminal emulator on your X

su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/Swype.apk /system/app
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

Open a text box and verify. Its that easy

This cannot be done by copy and paste in root explorer.

Credit goes to
teenfaces (xdaforum) for the code used to make this work
bilbobrian (xdaforums) I think he themed this for other phones (please correct me if it wasnt originally him)
Tparker76 (droidforums) for his help

nice work, greatly appreciated
quick q: how do i get rid of the voice search key? on your screenshot the enter key is by itself, on mine its right next to it so sometimes i hit it accidentally.
thanks

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Ether
quick q: how do i get rid of the voice search key? on your screenshot the enter key is by itself, on mine its right next to it so sometimes i hit it accidentally.
thanks

No, idea. Why would you have a different swype than me? Might want to try to delete your original swype (by root explorer) then just install mine.

cadillac6661

Dec 21, 2009
Edit: forgot to mention, you sir RAWK, I requested this in a couple diff forums with no response... Do you have a buy me a 6 button? can't see it from tapatalk but I'll gladly click when opportunity comes... I have the same issue... I renamed to .bak prior to entering cmds this voice search isn't even a button it floats between the period and return I'll up a screenie in a sec.
thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Ether
I can upload the apk straight from my settings, but need to know how to do out straight from my phone.... I'm on the road

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Ether
op updated, praise the android gods for wireless tether.
New apk straight from my settings and one that i just removed the mic pngs from.

The stats for download said 28 downloads, so is this a hit or miss with peoples phones?:confused:

If your removing the swype before pushing this one try leaving it there then push the new one. That is how I did it. Strange thing is if you open up the apk and look at the images there is no button for the mic....

Im not going to be able to tether tomorrow, will have spotty service at best. I will try and get on here when I can though, keep me posted.

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Dec 3, 2009
Virginia
op updated, praise the android gods for wireless tether.
New apk straight from my settings and one that i just removed the mic pngs from.

The stats for download said 28 downloads, so is this a hit or miss with peoples phones?:confused:

If your removing the swype before pushing this one try leaving it there then push the new one. That is how I did it. Strange thing is if you open up the apk and look at the images there is no button for the mic....

Im not going to be able to tether tomorrow, will have spotty service at best. I will try and get on here when I can though, keep me posted.

I downloaded both of the links on the OP. the "NEW UPLOAD" file still showed the Voice Mic. The one labeled without mic (Duhh :)) did indeed take the mic off my keyboard.

Seems to be working great. Thanks for your work.

cadillac6661

Dec 21, 2009
I think I may just leave it as is it doesn't get in the way for me and it adds a little custom functionality

948099bc.png

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Ether
What happens when the mic image was pressed? Even though there is technically one button there did it do anything?

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Ether
Ok, so i unstalled the themed swype, reinstalled the stock swype. It gave me the space for the mic button but did nothing when pressed. If anyone has the original still there does the mic appear on your and does it do anything?

Anyways, with the stock swype on my phone, recompiled a different themed swype and placed it on my phone. Still no mic button (was never in this build to begin with) and no voice search opens when tapping in that area.

Follow new link for v0.3 and new instructions.

quadjacks

Mar 10, 2008
UpState NY
Ok, so i unstalled the themed swype, reinstalled the stock swype. It gave me the space for the mic button but did nothing when pressed. If anyone has the original still there does the mic appear on your and does it do anything?

Anyways, with the stock swype on my phone, recompiled a different themed swype and placed it on my phone. Still no mic button (was never in this build to begin with) and no voice search opens when tapping in that area.

Follow new link for v0.3 and new instructions.
bad4u6669, would you mind explaining why the new version should be used vs the old ones, in the OP?