[MOD][UPDATE FOR MEA] Camera no sounds (root required) - uploaded

Search This thread

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Don't forget to hit thanks :)

No need for this anymore. the new firmwares have the setting of disabling all sounds in the settings of the camera. :)

Try at own risk

Hi all.

this is my second creation / mod for removing the in app sounds of the camera. READ ON TO REMOVE ALL SOUNDS.

this is the stock camera app, without focus sound as i have muted those.... i have tested on my own (i have removed the shutter sound prior to this mod... so if that one is there, then change/delete the files as shown here:
how to remove shutter sound and other sounds not "in app"

Tested and working on ME2 deodexed... please tell me if it works on other firmwares :)

also working on MEA.

Not working on:
non deodexed roms - use at own risk.. tell me how it goes if you try... :)

installation guide:
open a file explorer and mount it as system writeable.
go to system/app and make a backup of SamsungCamera2.apk (just in case)
copy my SamsungCamera2.apk file to system/app
reboot and enjoy :)

Download here:
Download OLD versions
MEA Version

tell me how it works and if there are any errors :) i can only say that it works on mine so far :)
thank me if you like this mod :)

Last edited:

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Changelog:
initial release:

removed all sounds

known bugs:
let me know.

Last edited:

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Just tried it. Seems to have work. I keep track over the next few day, make sure it is a consistent result.

Nice to know :) which rom did you try on and have you removed the shutter sound as shown in my other thread?

Thank you for the feedback :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Yeap, I'm on Omega 3.0 right now. The first thing I do with every rom is to delete the camera sounds.

good enough.... tell me if there are any problems... i have been using it for one day now and it is bugfree here... i do not use the panorama and stuff... but there were more sounds present than only the focus and focus error... i have muted them all :) so should be perfect.

Brendo

Nice. I'd completed this mod myself when I got my s4 shortly after release, but never got around to testing it (did the same thing for my s2 back in the day). Got distracted trying to turn it into a vrtheme to make it compatible with 'all' version of camera (this way it replaces the resource files in apk and keeps that current version of camera installed). It's still just sitting in a couple of folders somewhere on my server....

(However, I think apk version means you should be able to push with adb without requiring root??)

bengali548

Sep 25, 2012
I'm on a bell i9505 and it crashes on me after 3 seconds of use

Unfortunately I screwed up and my backup of my stock aPk was unsuccessful
Can someone please give me the stock aPk for the camera or tell me how I'd go about fixing my camera app

Brendo

Can someone please give me the stock aPk for the camera or tell me how I'd go about fixing my camera app

Couple of options...flash your rom again (extreme!) or just replace the modded apk with original apk. Some roms include updated camera software (not sure if there has been an update, but you never know) so best to get apk from the same rom version you are currently running

Also, need to make sure rom is deodexed (you could try deleting the associated odex file and see if crash stops)

Reactions: scandiun

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Nice. I'd completed this mod myself when I got my s4 shortly after release, but never got around to testing it (did the same thing for my s2 back in the day). Got distracted trying to turn it into a vrtheme to make it compatible with 'all' version of camera (this way it replaces the resource files in apk and keeps that current version of camera installed). It's still just sitting in a couple of folders somewhere on my server....

(However, I think apk version means you should be able to push with adb without requiring root??)

Maybe it could be possible... I have never used adb... But it should be possible yes :)

How would one make it for all versions? I am quite new to this... :) I would also like to port stuff.. But I am not that good yet :)

Last edited:

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012

Which rom do you use?
I have only having it confirmed on ME2 deodexed.. That's why I need people to try so I know :)
Why was your backup unsuccessful?

Btw. If you get your backup or an apk working... You can send me that file and I can mod it for you and see if that works :)

Last edited:

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
updated the original post... that it is only working on deodexed roms.. please let me know if it works on others :)

Reactions: scandiun

maedox

Nov 14, 2008
Oslo
I use Tasker to set the phone to vibrate or silent mode when the camera app is active. Works like a charm, and I don't have to mess with custom software. I wouldn't even have to be rooted, if I weren't already. :p

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
I use Tasker to set the phone to vibrate or silent mode when the camera app is active. Works like a charm, and I don't have to mess with custom software. I wouldn't even have to be rooted, if I weren't already. :p

we all know that... it has been said before... this is just so you dont need to do anything afterwards :)
i got pissed by turning the volume off and on constantly... thats why i did this.. and i could have used a profile.. but i thought this was a permanent fix for use in other roms and such :) but thanks.

Brendo

How would one make it for all versions? I am quite new to this... :) I would also like to port stuff.. But I am not that good yet :)
(this works in my head...) You use a vrtheme (flashable zip) that replaces the ogg files (resources) in the apk with silent ogg files (vrtheme usually replaces the image resources so that you can change the look of apps such as what you see HERE)

Last edited:

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
(this works in my head...) You use a vrtheme (flashable zip) that replaces the ogg files (resources) in the apk with silent ogg files (vrtheme usually replaces the image resources so that you can change the look of apps such as what you see HERE)

oh... i did it manually by decompiling.. well... i cant see why it would make it compatible with other roms..
an example.
i hate the clock and alarm app in samsung.. but love the sony one... i cant install it on my samsung... so i need to port it.. but the thing you said there.. would not do the trick... there must be something else, an identifier of the phone or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't forget to hit thanks :)

No need for this anymore. the new firmwares have the setting of disabling all sounds in the settings of the camera. :)

Try at own risk

Hi all.

this is my second creation / mod for removing the in app sounds of the camera. READ ON TO REMOVE ALL SOUNDS.

this is the stock camera app, without focus sound as i have muted those.... i have tested on my own (i have removed the shutter sound prior to this mod... so if that one is there, then change/delete the files as shown here:
    how to remove shutter sound and other sounds not "in app"

Tested and working on ME2 deodexed... please tell me if it works on other firmwares :)

also working on MEA.

Not working on:
    non deodexed roms - use at own risk.. tell me how it goes if you try... :)

installation guide:
    open a file explorer and mount it as system writeable.
    go to system/app and make a backup of SamsungCamera2.apk (just in case)
    copy my SamsungCamera2.apk file to system/app
    reboot and enjoy :)

Download here:
    Download OLD versions
    MEA Version

tell me how it works and if there are any errors :) i can only say that it works on mine so far :)
    thank me if you like this mod :)

Couple of options...flash your rom again (extreme!) or just replace the modded apk with original apk. Some roms include updated camera software (not sure if there has been an update, but you never know) so best to get apk from the same rom version you are currently running

Also, need to make sure rom is deodexed (you could try deleting the associated odex file and see if crash stops)
    updated the original post... that it is only working on deodexed roms.. please let me know if it works on others :)
    Works with no problems on my part :)

Sent from my Omega GT-19505