Please share Ascend p6 original FM Radio and Huaweibackup apps

Search This thread

dgvirtual

Feb 15, 2014
Could someone please share Huawei Ascend P6 FM radio tuner and Huawei Backup apps?

I have upgraded my Huawei Ascend P1 to CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2) and I am missing those apps very much. I wonder, whether perhaps it would be possible to use the ones from Ascend P6 (the ones from Ascend P1 (Android 4.0.3) will not even install on the 4.2.2 firmware).

I am not sure if it is ok to share those apk's here (although I am sure ther would be others who would want those apps), but in any case you can PM the links to me.

Thank you!

richish

Dec 22, 2011
Could someone please share Huawei Ascend P6 FM radio tuner and Huawei Backup apps?

I have upgraded my Huawei Ascend P1 to CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2) and I am missing those apps very much. I wonder, whether perhaps it would be possible to use the ones from Ascend P6 (the ones from Ascend P1 (Android 4.0.3) will not even install on the 4.2.2 firmware).

I am not sure if it is ok to share those apk's here (although I am sure ther would be others who would want those apps), but in any case you can PM the links to me.

Thank you!

Even if some one will share these apk noone from these apk will work on CM.
CM is not based on stock huawei roms.

Sent from my P6-U00 using xda app-developers app

dgvirtual

Feb 15, 2014
I still hope

Even if some one will share these apk noone from these apk will work on CM.
CM is not based on stock huawei roms.

Sent from my P6-U00 using xda app-developers app

I still want to try - my only hope to get my FM radio back and to restore the backups I have made with the HuaweiBackup.

dgvirtual

Feb 15, 2014
Maybe you have the original 4.2.2 apk's?

Here u go
put these files in
system/app

Thank you, I did not expect those to work (they come from 4.4.2, but I think I need 4.2.x apk's) but I tried anyway. Well, they did not work, they did not even appear in the app list and they did not install the regular way.

Maybe someone has the apk's from Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2? Isn't that the stock version for Ascend P6?

richish

Dec 22, 2011
Thank you, I did not expect those to work (they come from 4.4.2, but I think I need 4.2.x apk's) but I tried anyway. Well, they did not work, they did not even appear in the app list and they did not install the regular way.

Maybe someone has the apk's from Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2? Isn't that the stock version for Ascend P6?

in app section there is huawei update extrction tool.
Maybe that can help u.

If i get it right
download tool
download update app
and extract system.img to any folder
.img open with winrar and drop out nesecurry apks.

let me know if it works !

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

The backup file is the same as the one used on 4.2.2, as it is updated in the huawei app store.

Either way, I highly doubt you'll even get the 4.2.2 FM radio to work.

Sent from my Huawei P6

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

in app section there is huawei update extrction tool.
Maybe that can help u.

If i get it right
download tool
download update app
and extract system.img to any folder
.img open with winrar and drop out nesecurry apks.

let me know if it works !

To extract the files in system.img, you'll need to use a 4ext extractor.

Sent from my Huawei P6

dgvirtual

Feb 15, 2014
Failure

Fm Radio does not work. Use an online radio app.

That turned out to be true, unfortunately. :(

I downloaded the Huawei Ascend P6 rom from Huawei website, extracted the UPDATE.APP file using regular zip program, then extracted the 10.system.img file using the tool mentioned here before - Huawei Update Extractor (on Windows). Then I mounted the 10.system.img file on Linux using simple command
Code:
sudo mount -o loop 10.system.img android-system/

the file mounted as an ext4 filesystem.

There, in app/ folder, I found all the programs. I tried to install three of those - HwAllBackup.apk, HwFMRadio.apk and HwDLNA.apk.

The first two failed to install, the third installed but crashed after launch. The default DLNA app from stock P1 rom (ics 4.0.3) does work on my CyanogenMod firmware (specs in a post above).

So, thank you everyone who helped me in this test.

Streaming radio - I wonder, how much bandwidth does it consume?

ZuperStyler

Jan 29, 2014
If you use Tunein Radio, for example, I advise you to use it only if you have an unlimited data plan or a WIFI connection.

laverdadb

Jun 7, 2012
Budapest
I dont know where to write, so i try here. Can somebody post the original 4.4.2 Music app, etc... Like when EmoiUI 2.0 leaked?

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app