[Q] Status 7 trying to install new ROM CM11 (KitKat)

Search This thread

Kwaka_man

Mar 16, 2014
Hello all,

Please can someone help me??

I have a HTC One X, I have unlocked my phone on HTCDev, it is showing as rooted (not broken lol) and i can add superuser on there.

I have CWM installed v.5.8.4.0 however, when looking in the ROM Manager, trying to update it is shows me 6.0.4.7 under recovery setup. but when i boot into recovery it still shows me 5.8.4.0??

I have been trying to install the Beanstalk-4.4.240-20140206-endeavouru.zip...

I keep getting stuck in the installation with the message status 7 and then installation stops..

I have cleared all the files and cache that is required prior and still fails. I have tried removing the assert / getpro lines and I still get status 7 during installation.

I have tried a few different ROMs all telling me they are for HTC One X (so i am guessing these just are the right ROMs)

The only think i can see i have is that i have S-On, but i cannot seem to find anywhere to turn this off.. Is this the only reason it is not working????

I have tried another recovery images as well and still no luck?? (unless i did that wrong)

Please can someone help me, I would really like to put a Kitkat ROM on my phone as HTC are not going to get this done..

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Ditch rommanager, it does not work on a s-on hox. Second you need to flash a kitkat recovery to install kitkat roms and a sense recovery to install sense 5 roms or earlier build aosp roms.

So for kitkat download the latest philz touch recovery available, and if you want sense based roms i suggest to use philz touch 5.15......

You have to flash boot.img & recoverys via fastboot (pc) to the phone !

Reactions: Kwaka_man

Kwaka_man

Mar 16, 2014
Ditch rommanager, it does not work on a s-on hox. Second you need to flash a kitkat recovery to install kitkat roms and a sense recovery to install sense 5 roms or earlier build aosp roms.

So for kitkat download the latest philz touch recovery available, and if you want sense based roms i suggest to use philz touch 5.15......

Thank you :eek:, do you by any chance know where i can get these files? sorry for asking, been at this all day and not getting anywhere :crying:

Kwaka_man

Mar 16, 2014

Thank you i have checked this out.. but i can only find the Philz touch 6.19.3 clockworkmod 6.0.4 so i have updated :)

Just a slight issue now where i am cleaning all what has to be cleared and then installing the ROM and GAPP which both are now installing by the look of it and no errors.. but i am looping back into Philz touch rather than the phone restarting.. Even if i restore the previous version it still comes back to Philz touch..

do you know why this is happening? I tried CM11 Rom and also the Beanstalk 4.4 ROM (As well as restore) all coming back to recovery mode.. Im lost now :(

Kwaka_man

Mar 16, 2014
ok the 5.15 installed fine, but the images here are giving me status 7 and restore is not working for me from here either :(

i have attached the getvar all outcome :)

Attachments

• getvar.txt
    770 bytes · Views: 1

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
The specs are fine, download a sense 5 rom like viper X or arhd. And install it like this :

Flash the boot.img of the rom !

Then enter the recovery and make a FULL wipe :

Factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Advanced - wipe dalvik cache
Mounts and storage - format cache , data and system

Then install the rom (if you go for viper you select cache wipe only and full rom install in the aroma)

Kwaka_man

Mar 16, 2014
ok I realised i didn't do the boot.img correctly.. i tried it again now but went back to Touch 6 and the Beanstalk has installed YAY!! :laugh:

You said "download a sense 5 rom like viper X or arhd" are these better than Beanstalk? I am asking as this is my first 4.4 ROM i have installed...?

I do have to say i do like the sense 5 so wondering if it is worth changing ROM to what you are suggesting?

Otherwise it is now working... Thank you heaps for all your help

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Ah no there is no "better" rom. I suggested these because i have experience with these roms. Just for testing purposes.

But all is fine. And you know how to flash so all good.

CASE CLOSED ! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.