[Q] Suggestions about changing the system

Search This thread

mkta

Apr 23, 2014
Hello,

I have an Xperia Arc since 2011 with the default os(4.0.4).
Lately it started to work really bad (it freezes, it sends sms to wrong numbers and many other stuffs like that) and I want to give him a factory reset. But then i thought why not install a custom os.

But...I have no idea how to do that and what to choose. I remember I tried to root him back in 2011 and got him in boot loop..never tried again..

I'm interested in an os with ability lots of customizations(colors, buttons stuff like that..maybe complete themes? is this still possible?), long battery life and that runs smooth during general stuff (sms, calls, navigation). I don't use facebook and stuff like that or crazy games.

Can someone give suggestion?
Also an complete installation guide for complete noobs? I looked at installation guides around the forum and got lost with kernel, room, flash ... I'm not a smart man.

Thank you.

slogger001

Sep 24, 2013
Patna/Bihar/India
try this

Hello,

Lately it started to work really bad (it freezes, it sends sms to wrong numbers and many other stuffs like that) and I want to give him a factory reset. But then i thought why not install a custom os.

But...I have no idea how to do that and what to choose. I remember I tried to root him back in 2011 and got him in boot loop..never tried again..

I'm interested in an os with ability lots of customizations(colors, buttons stuff like that..maybe complete themes? is this still possible?), long battery life and that runs smooth during general stuff (sms, calls, navigation). I don't use facebook and stuff like that or crazy games.

Also an complete installation guide for complete noobs? I looked at installation guides around the forum and got lost with kernel, room, flash ... I'm not a smart man.

Thank you.

for rooting download unlockroot here a guide comment if u want to ask more

http://techglen.com/2013/12/04/update-xperia-arcarc-s-android-4-4-kitkat-cm-11-custom-rom/
:eek:

Reactions: mkta

mkta

Apr 23, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for that link, i tried it and got it working..after a few fails and hours of trying. (windows didn't want to install usb drivers for fastboot).

But now i have a problem. Everything seems to work, well the battery drains a little faster than before but i didn't fully configure the phone as i have a problem.
I can't add my google account, when i try to add my google account it says "There was a problem communicating with google servers". The internet works and creating new accounts works, but my old one doesn't work (and I have all my contacts saved on it).

Also, thank you motlanvamaimai for suggestions as well.

Last edited:

slogger001

Sep 24, 2013
Patna/Bihar/India
Software error

Hello,
Thank you for that link, i tried it and got it working..after a few fails and hours of trying. (windows didn't want to install usb drivers for fastboot).

But now i have a problem. Everything seems to work, well the battery drains a little faster than before but i didn't fully configure the phone as i have a problem.
I can't add my google account, when i try to add my google account it says "There was a problem communicating with google servers". The internet works and creating new accounts works, but my old one doesn't work (and I have all my contacts saved on it).

seems like a software error on what battery % u have rooted ur phone,secondary if ur device bootloader is unlocked then try to install a custom rom if it fails too flash original ftf file with flash tool and redo the process :good:

Reactions: mkta

mkta

Apr 23, 2014
seems like a software error on what battery % u have rooted ur phone,secondary if ur device bootloader is unlocked then try to install a custom rom if it fails too flash original ftf file with flash tool and redo the process :good:

I installed that custom ROM from the link you gave, i think it had a little problem during installation. I will try another ROM. Thank you for support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try this

Hello,

Thank you.

http://techglen.com/2013/12/04/update-xperia-arcarc-s-android-4-4-kitkat-cm-11-custom-rom/
    Unlock boot loader of your phone will give u ability to install a lot of custom roms, see instruction below:
    http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/unlocking-boot-loader

When boot loader is unlocked, you can choose many roms from Development box below. In each thread, there will be steps show u how to install rom. Experience roms yourself :D
    http://xdaforums.com/xperia-arc/development
    Software error

Hello,