Stock Recovery Menu vs Dead Android

Search This thread

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
I am trying to install the leaked soak test of 4.4 and I cannot for the life of me get a stock recovery menu to come up. I've held Power, vol up and vol down and gotten the menu where you can select recovery or AP Fastboot, etc. But when I select recovery all I can ever get is the dead Android. I've tried pumping the power button, the volume up , seperately, together, etc. No dice. Does anyone know any tricks to this? Would it be possible to just install the file with RSDLite? It's making me CRAZY!! Thanks!:cyclops:

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Holding volume up and down for around 5-10 seconds using does it for me. You might nerd to pump it, but those two buttons together do it.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Holding volume up and down for around 5-10 seconds using does it for me. You might nerd to pump it, but those two buttons together do it.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've managed to get into it once, and tried flashing the soak test file. It rebooted and then hung, so I had to go back into the recovery menu which was actually the new 4.4.2 recovery. However, Every time I tried to get it to flash the update from the sdcard again, it said it was complete. When I tried rebooting the system, it just hangs on the "Unlocked Bootloader" screen. SO I started over and I can't even get back to that point. SO FRUSTRATING !! I WILL beat this darn thing into submission... GRRR

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
I've managed to get into it once, and tried flashing the soak test file. It rebooted and then hung, so I had to go back into the recovery menu which was actually the new 4.4.2 recovery. However, Every time I tried to get it to flash the update from the sdcard again, it said it was complete. When I tried rebooting the system, it just hangs on the "Unlocked Bootloader" screen. SO I started over and I can't even get back to that point. SO FRUSTRATING !! I WILL beat this darn thing into submission... GRRR

From what I can interpret through all the various threads out there, you kind of need to let it install twice. The first install will flash the new KK recovery. Then, you boot into the updated recovery and flash the updated system files. Oh, if you're at the screen with the dead droid, you should be able to hold volume down and tap volume up to get into recovery. Well, that's worked previously, anyway.

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Ironically, once I gave up and went back to stock, I received the OTA.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RikRong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ironically, once I gave up and went back to stock, I received the OTA.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk