[Q] Spotify

Search This thread

screwyluie

May 20, 2009

xkadafix

Apr 8, 2014
Sacramento
I'll give that a try this afternoon when I get home. Alternatively would anyone know where to find an apk for the official kindle fire version of spotify?

xkadafix

Apr 8, 2014
Sacramento
That did work to fix the orientation but the app is not responding to any key presses on the fire tv remote. I'm going to give a keyboard a try.

Ok, so using the official android apk from the spotify website, ultimate rotation control and my Adesso wireless keyboard with touchpad (WKB-4000US) spotify is working :)

Thanks for the advice on the rotation app.

the_gunner

Mar 3, 2008

xkadafix

Apr 8, 2014
Sacramento
You might try the Kindle tablet version of Spotify and let us know how it works. A working version of Spotify is the only thing holding me back from getting one of these things.

Well it is working for me with just a couple caveats. I have to use another app to fix the orientation and I have to use a keyboard/mouse to navigate, which isn't that big of an issue for me since it's nice to be able to type in my search queries easily.

And I believe in post #4 screwyluie linked me to the kindle fire apk. I tried that out and it still had the orientation issue so I just went with the official apk from spotify.

Last edited:

Ruinerror

Apr 22, 2014
I decompiled the Spotify APK (latest version from my S4) and removed any android:screenOrientation="portrait" attributes from the AndroidManifest.xml file. It now shows up in the correct orientation for me. I used an attached keyboard/mouse to login, but after that I've just been using the Amazon remote to click through things on my playlists (on some of the screens, it helps to push the the left before scrolling up or down). If you hit the search box, the on screen keyboard shows up... so while it's not perfect, I think you can get by with the standard remote.

I've posted a build here if you want to try it:
httttp://d-h.st/Lel

Reactions: dojon

dojon

Mar 18, 2010
Gave it a try but it's not letting me input text at all. :(

I decompiled the Spotify APK (latest version from my S4) and removed any android:screenOrientation="portrait" attributes from the AndroidManifest.xml file. It now shows up in the correct orientation for me. I used an attached keyboard/mouse to login, but after that I've just been using the Amazon remote to click through things on my playlists (on some of the screens, it helps to push the the left before scrolling up or down). If you hit the search box, the on screen keyboard shows up... so while it's not perfect, I think you can get by with the standard remote.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009

nice thanks works pretty good had to log in using mouse but otherwise it's working great :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.