[MOD] Telstra 1.4.2 Radio N_01.87.00R

Search This thread

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Hi,

I have managed to keep my Bell firmware by updating just the radio, just edited the Telstra sbf to remove all code blocks but RDl1, RDl3, and Cg5. :)

Download it here.

Cheers!

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,511
  • device2.jpg
    device2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,647
  • device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,447
Last edited:

blunted09

Mar 7, 2010
I would rather be safe than sry messing with radios but thank you for the useless response....

Last edited:

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
one question before i run this - generally an sbf will wipe user configs on the phone, will this sbf NOT do that because you edited it to simply be the radio?

Nothing changed on my phone except the radio. :)

I don't see why it wouldn't work on ATT, and you can probably do the same thing to revert back to your old radio. Just run desbf.exe, it has been used for ages for monster packs, etc.

Cheers!

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
If this works, you my friend are a genious!

I am going to try this after I finish watching the Canucks finish off the Blackhawks.

Sent from my rooted and frozen Motorola Olympus.

Last edited:

gmarcoux

Aug 28, 2007
Saskatoon,SK
Hi,

I have managed to keep my Bell firmware by updating just the radio, just edited the Telstra sbf to remove all code blocks but RDl1, RDl3, and Cg5. :)

Download it here.

Cheers!

Does the wifi still work. I asked because I flashed the Telstra SBF after making a recovery backup of my Bell system. When I restored to my bell I retained the uncapped upload speeds but then started getting "error" when trying to turn on my wifi.

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
I didn't see that error. I did the steps in the SBF thread, a few differences. I did it from the usual phone screen, not RSD mode. Also, mine came up se olympus
not ns olympus, when I did try RSD mode, but it didn't work. I had the most recent motor drivers, then reverted to the ones in that thread. I was trying to get just the cg5 file flashed but needed the rdl files as well. What the minimum steps are I am not sure.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
Ok. Flashed. Worked fine with RSD Lite in RSD mode.

Ran speed test several times. Averages are:

Download: 3.5Mbps
UPLOAD: 1.72Mps

Wifi: Working :)

Kick ass! Thanks man! It works! :)

Last edited:

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Does the wifi still work. I asked because I flashed the Telstra SBF after making a recovery backup of my Bell system. When I restored to my bell I retained the uncapped upload speeds but then started getting "error" when trying to turn on my wifi.

Wifi still works, yes.

Not sure how you restored your phone to bell, there is no sbf file from bell. Likely, you have a hybrid of the two firmware causing that issue.

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
Can you do us a favor, good sir? Can you make one with the original Bell modem in it, just in case we have to revert back?

Thanks! :)

Clienterror

Jun 21, 2010
Quad Cities, Illinois
I didn't see that error. I did the steps in the SBF thread, a few differences. I did it from the usual phone screen, not RSD mode. Also, mine came up se olympus
not ns olympus, when I did try RSD mode, but it didn't work. I had the most recent motor drivers, then reverted to the ones in that thread. I was trying to get just the cg5 file flashed but needed the rdl files as well. What the minimum steps are I am not sure.

Out of curiosity what do you mean "The usual phone screen" I've only flashed SBF's in RSD mode?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Download it here.

Cheers!
    Yes, at least on my phone it does, see the screen shots, the results contain before and after. :)

I used desbf.exe.
    Well, I think there is definitely a checksum issue, it's just a matter of finding the right tool to fix it when changes are made. It may not be the only issue, but one thing at a time. :)

I have desbf.exe (circa 2006-2007) and SBF-recalc 1.2.9.1 which just beeps at me when I try to change checksums or crc, read a thread saying that it didn't calculate it correctly anyway. Makes me want to write my own util.
    noob post here.
    what do i flash for the att atrix?
    if nothing is 'ready' yet can you edit your op for when it is ready?

thank you for your work so far!

This modem does not work on the ATT Atrix, only Bell.

Sent from my rooted and frozen Motorola Olympus.
    OK...lol scratch that, link to detail instruction please XD

Is this correct: http://motorolacentral.com/motorola-droid-how-to-create-a-nandroid-backup-part-1-1308/
    have you installed the application? if so, simply plug your phone into the WALL CHARGER (usb to PC isn't sufficient power), then open "System Recovery" on your phone, and select the option "Recovery Mode"

your phone will reboot, show the splash screen and will eventually get to CWM recovery menu. navigate up/down with volume buttons, press the power button to select

in that menu select the option "Backup/Restore", from there choose "system backup" (or maybe it's nandroid backup...it's one of the two, haven't been in that menu in a few days and don't have my AC on me)

select where you want to backup to (internal/external SD) and run the backup. it will create a backup folder. take that folder off your phone and put it onto your PC for safekeeping. now you're free to do whatever and have a CWM backup of your whole system just in case.