• Smart dialing enabled
  • VOIP enabled
  • Windows Update enabled
  • Office Mobile 6.1
  • OneNote Mobile 12.0.4518.1055
  • Office Zip and Fax viewers
  • Windows Live 10.6.33.600
  • Remote Desktop Mobile
  • All bugs from the previous versions should be fixed!
OEM applications:
  • Camera app 4.0.28276
  • Comm Manager 1.8.0.0 [UPDATED]
  • Comm vibrate button
  • ArcSoft MMS 4.2.8.1
  • SIM Manager 6.33
  • SIM Tool Kit 4.40
  • SMS Service
  • HSDPA Switch
  • FTouchFLO (credits to FTouchFLO developers)
  • Enlarge Start Menu [NEW]
  • Bluetooth FTP 1.2.30736.1 [UPDATED]
  • Bluetooth BPP 1.5.0.0
  • Bluetooth SAP 2.02.0925.5 [UPDATED]
  • Task Manager 2.0.30995.1
  • Audio Manager 1.2.919713 [UPDATED]
    [*]HTC Camera Album 1.0.906717 [UPDATED]
    [*]Voice Recorder 1.10.907716 [UPDATED]
    [*]Streaming Player 2.20.807715
    [*]HTC Bluetooth QuickLink 0.4
  • HTC Home 2.1.1005722 + Home Settings [UPDATED]
  • Quick Launcher 1.0.824711 [NEW]
  • HTC Random Access 3.0.8220711 [UPDATED]
  • Connection Setup 1.0.31002.1
  • Network Plugin 1.0.29714.1
  • Adobe Acrobat Reader LE 2.00.288531
  • Adobe Flash Lite 2.1 [UPDATED]
  • RSS Hub 1.0 + Today plug-in [NEW]
  • Pocket RAR 3.71 [UPDATED]
  • Jeyo SMS Backup 1.1
  • SuperBright (VJLumosIII)
  • FlashLight (VJCandelaLite)
  • Headphone Equalizer 1.0.2.0
  • WM5torage 1.78
  • FieldTest 1.57
  • Advanced Configuration Tool 1.1
  • Advanced Task Manager 0.7 [NEW]
  • VoIP Settings 0.9
  • Registry Editor 0.9 [NEW]
  • TaskSwitch 1.0 [NEW]
  • Minimize 1.0 [NEW]
  • RotateScreen 1.0 [NEW]
Some tweaks:
  • OS only ROM
  • Free extended ROM
  • 4MB pagepool
  • Big storage
  • New RUU wrapper
  • Optimized cache
  • Best Bluetooth A2DP settings
  • Bluetooth DUN support
  • ATI drivers patch
  • Direct3D Mobile support
  • Avoid MicroSD issues
  • SDHC support
  • Improved power management
  • Automatic network time/zone synchronization
  • Supports new GSM/UMTS bands
  • Error Report disabled
  • Customer Feedback removed
  • Integration with Vista WMDC
  • Date on single line
  • 3G icon & prefix
  • Nicer 3G icon
  • Nicer PINpad
  • Nicer font
  • Nicer keyboard
  • New shortcuts keys (New SMS, battery, Task Manager, soft-reset,...)
  • Button 5 mapped to Advanced Task Manager
  • Subfolders in Start menu
  • Schap's theme
  • Schap's Comm Manager (12 functions)
  • Schap's battery indicator (improved by bennec83)
  • Schap's Power & Wireless service Manager (shows Bluetooth/Wi-Fi on traybar)
  • Schap's Vista look icons
(Stuffs written in purple are present only in Full version ROMs)

Screenshots:

867gah3.png

6lj0cow.jpg

Default TouchFLO gestures (can be changed with FTouchFLO Configuration Tool)

8euzfxh.png

My purple customized cube (I will upload it later)

6t25jja.jpg

Last edited:

schaps

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2006
Nancy
www.touchxperience.com
Read this first!

Please try to keep this thread clean, follow the upgrade instructions carefully, read the Wiki and search in the thread before posting. According to the previous threads, most of the questions you can ask have been already answered, so please respect the rules.

As I don't have an Hermes anymore, my only motivation to continue making new ROMs is to support the large community of users who use my ROMs. I'm doing it for free and put a lot of efforts in this work, so I hope you will continue to support me as well, you can donate or at least be thankful! Have fun!

Upgrade guide for Schap's multilingual ROMs by MrVanx

Schap's 3.54c ROMs Wiki (Questions & Answers)

Known issues & fixes:
  • Can't re-align screen: FTouchFLO is not compatible with screen alignment, disable FTouchFLO first (see FTouchFLO development thread).
  • Can't disable FTouchFLO using the configuration tool: It fails to disable FTouchFLO because the original FTouchFlo link in StartUp directory is marked as system, so it hasn't sufficient permissions to delete it. Delete it manually, then you can enable/disable FTouchFLO normally using the configuration tool.
  • Brightness icon doesn't work on HTC Home: I forgot to patch HTC Home DLL for Hermes, I will upload it later.
  • Import/Export/Find functions are greyed in Registry Editor menu: Those functions are not fully implemented yet, they will be in the next version (see Registry Editor development thread)
  • Can't install Comm Manager: Comm Manager must be totally closed before installation (take a look in Adavanced Task Manager)
  • Can't replace contact bar images: Don't replace them with File Explorer, use an alternative file manager.
  • Keyboard while in call bug seams to be still present
  • Slow scrolling in PIE
  • Incorrect contact picture alignment
  • Scrollbars bug
  • Solitaire game doesn't work
  • RSS Hub can't save podcasts on storage card

Last edited:

Mark Crouch

Apr 5, 2006
Bristol
Quick "font" question......

You've been busy, Schaps!!!

I was planning to install your 4.01 ROM this weekend....looks like I've found a new one to try :D

One question: In your tweaks list, you say "nicer font" - are you using the default font that comes with Vista, think it's called Segoe?? That's what I've got currently on my Hermes and from your screenshots it looks like you've chosen that one too....just wanted to ask!

Mark.

adavis99

Oct 10, 2007
Schaps -

Will your custom purple cube be a cab that I can just DL later...or will it be a separate rom?

thx

mizzomizzo

Apr 11, 2006
you will translate this ROM in other languages, in ITALIAN for example?

thx

Last edited:

wacky.banana

Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2007
Queries & Solutions

Thought I would help out by putting the most asked queries and solutions around this ROM on one page/in one post. All depends on if I can find the time, given that this thread seems to grow at a rate of knots (no surprises there). You can help by PM'ing me with solutions to save me having to trawl through the thread. There is more above here where Schaps has picked up on specific technical issues.

1) Screen tap sounds not available - see here >>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=300904&highlight=wm6+sound+scheme

2) Screen alignment and Ftouchflo problems - see Ftouchflo thread in the Development & Hacking forum.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=338143&highlight=touchflo

3) Cannot initiate the cube in this ROM - It's NOT there yet; Schaps is still working on it. It will be released when he is ready although whether as a cab or as a ROM update is not clear at this time. If you want to experience the cube and learn about it you can download a beta version on the Development & Hacking forum. I have been using the original beta for some time now and it works. The cab file on page 12, post 119 is a good place to start, then read the front page of the thread CAREFULLY!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=343583

4) Solitaire not working - This has been reported; awaiting a fix although you may have to wait as Schaps is working on the cube. There may be a cab floating around somewhere to fix the problem.

5) HTC Apps - Found here >>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=344533

Last edited:

ilogik

May 27, 2006
Possible bug, when I click on the camera icon within camera album screen I get a message "Unable to start Camera. Camera device is in used." (wrong grammar?) I checked the task manager and nothing is running.
Super Bright icon in the launcher screen doesn't work.

Last edited:

wacky.banana

Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2007
Rom Limited Test Results

I have used this rom since it was released, which I guess is all week. I ran it for the first 24hrs with just my contacts and diary so I could at least function, from a business perspective.

The rom on its own is very quick, including load-up times. First problem I noticed was the in-call volume issue which is covered elsewhere in this thread.

Next issue I noticed was with the Ftouchflo tool which, no matter which suggestion I used from here, I could not get to disable. The upshot of this was I could not use the cube I was running from Kona_Mtbkr, which was a pain for me as I could not continue the tests I have been undertaking on the beta cube.

I then loaded up all my applications and ran the rom over the next few days. Once fully loaded I noticed that the rom was nowhere near as fast as it was within the first 24hrs with minimum apps. However this is not an issue particular to this rom; it seems to affect all MS roms that I have used.

I noticed a number of other minor but irritating issues, e.g duplicate icons when 3G was connected. I did not test some of the applications that come built into the rom, e.g HTC Home as I used other applications to give me the same functionality. I find HTC Home a rather crude tool/app launcher.

I didn't get round to fully testing the battery issue; however it seemed as if battery consumption had not improved significantly since users started to complain about this issue in 4_01.

I am not clear whether this rom is meant to be a test rom or final version; however there seem to be a number of issues identified within this thread that need to be addressed.

As usual the number of apps included with the full version of this rom is mind boggling. You certainly get "value for money"!

This rom has potential, and continues Schaps theme of producing robust and innovative roms. However it needs polishing and a further version released.

I actually only loaded this version rom because I was looking forward to Schaps incredible purple cube. However as it won't be ready for some time I have reverted back to version 4_01 for now.

I'm looking forward to a revised version being released with the cube, either integrated or as a separate cab.

In the meantime please support Schaps work by donating. Mine is being done straight after this. Also could the person who offered a free Hermes to Schaps please contact him by PM to sort?

I understand that it is pretty difficult for Schaps to get a clear view of issues and problems as he doesn't have a device to test on.

WB

Last edited:

jarod_73

Jun 6, 2007
Cosenza
Possible bug, when I click on the camera icon in within camera album screen I get a message "Unable to start Camera. Camera device is in used." (wrong grammar?) I checked the task manager and nothing is running.

Fully working for me, tryed also to use more programs running and to run
camera before camera album.
bye J.

DiGi33

Sep 30, 2007
Thanks Schap's

for another brilliant update to your series of roms

having a small problem with screen tap sound not working in sound settings, anyone else had the same problem? its nothing major just like to know when ive tapped something, I could easily live without it, just thought I would report it though.

again nice one Schap's

jhenzlik

Sep 19, 2007
Milwaukee
Brilliant!

Loaded and testing. Will post any issues as I discover them

* Large Start Menu showing only the icon...font disappears. See here ~
largestartmenuerrorys1.png

* Cannot disable the FTouchFLO w/o getting the following error ~
ftouchfloerrorkv9.png
If I follow the instructions on this error FTouchFLO is still running after a reboot.
* I tried to "Align Screen" because my menu bars were running sluggish...even after I changed them back from "Thin scroll bars" in Advanced Config. The 8525 hangs on the align screen until I power off/on quickly. I believe this to be related to FTouchFLO having control of my screen.

Last edited:

pac1085

Nov 22, 2007
Rochester
Any instructions on replacing the purple contacts images with the black ones? The files there, but when I try to copy them it won't let me over write the old ones.

Thanks!