MIUI.us 3.2.8 For TMobile Galaxy S-III

Search This thread

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
im using CWM 6.0.2.3....i was originally using twrp and figured that was bad but it gave me the same result. ive flashed other cm10 builds and the camera and torch work fine. i even tried taking the .apk from the current cm10.1 build and nothing. idk...may just be my bad luck. im going to flash an older build and see the results, if it works, then update to 3.2.8. thanx for your help guys.....crossing my fingers:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

btw the message im getting says "cannot connect to camera"

any luck..

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Wow. The multiple text messages is driving me insane. I keep getting multiple texts by the same person. It repeats periodically and it doesn't seem like anything I'm doing is triggering it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

i think it happens when u hit REPLY/SEND from the POPUP NOTIFICATION, if u actually open the MMS APP it wont do it.
workaround is disable the NEW MESSAGE POPUPS in settings in MMS APP

either that or u have MMS CLOUD enabled, just disable that if u want too in the MMS APP Settings.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

As far as ChaOS, I believe iBotPeaches will be doing the honors in building ChaOS for our devices.

As far as MIUI........I really dont know. If ChaOS offers everything MIUI offers and then some, then I will probably stop porting. Really would make no sense. Plus my wife will stop screaming at me for being on the computer so much. So it could be a WIN WIN....

RoFL...atleast she understands :p:p:p

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
Today was a good day for my battery. Not sure if I was just lucky or the rom actually settled in. ?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361588435751.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361588435751.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 371
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361588447614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361588447614.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 372
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361588458841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361588458841.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 368

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah
Today was a good day for my battery. Not sure if I was just lucky or the rom actually settled in. ?

Dude I want to show u something... My battery life today was crazy good so far. Now I'm not running miui ATM, but I can get similar battery life to this when I do run miui. Compare these to yours.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361594372449.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361594372449.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 367
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361594381591.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361594381591.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 355
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361594391165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361594391165.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 351

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
Dude I want to show u something... My battery life today was crazy good so far. Now I'm not running miui ATM, but I can get similar battery life to this when I do run miui. Compare these to yours.

Wow. Do you actually use your phone? Haha.

But honestly today was the best my phone has ever done. hopefully I get more runs like this. My phone still seems to be awake too much though :/.

Reactions: garymachete

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah
Wow. Do you actually use your phone? Haha.

But honestly today was the best my phone has ever done. hopefully I get more runs like this. My phone still seems to be awake too much though :/.

Haha yea I worked 10-7 so I only texted a bit and priced a couple antiques with my browser. Oh! I took a short video. I'm gonna use it a lot tonight, I always hope to get at least 3 hours s.o.t. so yea Ur numbers aren't bad

solointegra93

Jan 16, 2010
Queens

hey bigdogpooh, sorry i had to go away this weekend but i tried the zip, and still the same thing. my phone is cursed....lol:D. everything else from the rom works smoothly, i can even access both galleries no problem. the camera and the torch are still the only thing. Now im home im going to try again with a fresh install and try the zip......thanx for all your help:good::good:

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
Unplugged my phone from the charger today at 100%. After my phone resting for about 20 mins the battery drained to 43% and then to 40% all within a couple of minutes. My phone will now not charge past 40%. Any ideas?

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
Uh oh... First thing I would do is clear battery stats in recovery.

I'm on TWRP so not sure on how to do that. I had a notfication for running low on space earlier today so I tried to delete/move some stuff to my external. And since I've done that it's charged to 50% now and looks like its climbing. It's possible it was due to running low on space I guess.

Is there any way I can move my apps to my external sd?

Edit: just charged to 100%. I can check that off the list of weird crap to happen to me.

Last edited:

theminigame

Feb 14, 2011
Albuquerque
GPS locking still doesn't work. I've tried many methods to fix it on 3.2.8... am I the only one with this problem?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

My gps works.. But takes some coercion into doing so... I use a gps test app, clear gps and update it.. And then after like 5 to 10 minutes (yes, it's kind of absurd) the gps will finally kick in and after that; gps will work flawlessly and lock quickly, even if you turn it off and back on... The problem is.. This only works until you reboot the phone. After that, The process has to be repeated... It kind of sucks.. But it's the only way I can get it to work...

GhostIsBaked

Aug 21, 2012
Dallas, Tx
My gps works.. But takes some coercion into doing so... I use a gps test app, clear gps and update it.. And then after like 5 to 10 minutes (yes, it's kind of absurd) the gps will finally kick in and after that; gps will work flawlessly and lock quickly, even if you turn it off and back on... The problem is.. This only works until you reboot the phone. After that, The process has to be repeated... It kind of sucks.. But it's the only way I can get it to work...

I seem to have the same problem, maybe it's because I've flashed a 4.2.2 ROM. Can you post the link to this app? It could come in handy when I actually need my GPS :p

CQCmaster

Jan 15, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S22
This is usually an issue with all miui ROMs and there used to be a fix by replacing the networklocation.apk in system/app folder but that method doesn't seem to work anymore on v4 of miui. GPS worked for me flawlessly on CM 10.1. I think I'm gonna have to go back to CM. This GPS thing is the only thing that's holding me back to stick with miui

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

theminigame

Feb 14, 2011
Albuquerque
I seem to have the same problem, maybe it's because I've flashed a 4.2.2 ROM. Can you post the link to this app? It could come in handy when I actually need my GPS :p

It's just called gps fix in the market.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest

Also.. I ran into a strange problem that is pretty consistent.. If I have headphones plugged in while turning on my phone, the phone will endlessly boot loop until I unplug the headphones. Obviously fixable by unplugging the headphones... Just wanted to report it and see if anyone else can reproduce it..

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010

try these fixes, it worked for me to get the GPS to lock better,

thanks to h3llstorm and mikel.canovas members of Xda-developers

these ZIP files are CWM flashable, just reboot recovery...flash zip.... and reboot

i would try GPS_mod(8NTP).zip first, if that doesnt work then try H3llstorm_GPS_Fix.zip .....worked for me for faster and better locking

NOTE: having WIFI enabled helps also with Navigation locks.

Attachments

• GPS_mod(8NTP).zip
    124.3 KB · Views: 17
  • H3llstorm_GPS_Fix.zip
    124.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: GhostIsBaked

CQCmaster

Jan 15, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S22
try these fixes, it worked for me to get the GPS to lock better,

thanks to h3llstorm and mikel.canovas members of Xda-developers

these ZIP files are CWM flashable, just reboot recovery...flash zip.... and reboot

i would try GPS_mod(8NTP).zip first, if that doesnt work then try H3llstorm_GPS_Fix.zip .....worked for me for faster and better locking

NOTE: having WIFI enabled helps also with Navigation locks.

I've tried that already (both fixes) - unfortunately, it didn't work.

The GPS just can't lock on to a single satellite. Even with GPS test app, no signal was able to detect. As I've sait earlier, I've tried different NetworkLocation.apk files from forums, that didn't work either. It just doesn't work :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 JB 3.2.8 For TMobile Samsung Galaxy S-III

Installation Instructions
    Boot into recovery
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Create a backup
    Factory reset device and wipe caches
    Install zip from SD card
    Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
    Everything as far as I know. You tell me!
    I changed the build.prop and updater script to reflect T Mobile from my AT&T build.
    If you have any issues let me know just encase I missed something

3.2.8 Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m73lhljpctelok5

GApps

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
    Chairface
    MIUI.us Team and IRC
    iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...

Change Log
    Update highlights of MIUI ROM 3.1.11

Not much has changed

Hello Ppl.

Take a moment and read this. :) MIUIv5 For your Phone Coming SOON :)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41056649&postcount=87
    So..................this is where I'm at. I ported Miui 3.2.8 over, works nice. As for the other options...
    I got toolbox working for hiding the status bar and removing icon labels, so I'm happy here. I can't get it working yet for the center clock, but I have control panel suite working which does the same thing with other options so not a bad alternative. I'm going to see if I can roll all of this into one package before I release, but I will release something over the next few days....
    Will you be continuing to port for us?

Probably....I really do like MIUI.....
    Hopefully I will have an update out by tomorrow...Just waiting on the toolbox....